Bug/Issue with XP, CS no go

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Krystalea, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Krystalea Member

So, I petitioned yesterday and was told that CS could not help me on this matter. But it needs some attention.

I am working on getting all my alts to level 120, most starting at level 100. I start with the Yrzu faction, until I can get the scroll and craft the reading stone for the sig line, and then I do that until the quest "Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach". Before completion of that quest, I would be 109. Once the quest was turned in, I would ding 114.

Until these last two toons. Both have turned in the quest and received zero adventure experience. They have gotten ascension xp, but nothing towards their levels. I understand that there may be too big of an xp jump, but why doesn't it gate the increase as it did in the past?

It sucks. That is several levels I have to do that I would not have to. I have 3 toons left to run. I will make sure they are 110 before turning in the quest and see what happens.

But if someone can please take a look into this, it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is "Players Helping Players", so there's no one here to "look at" whatever.

However, I would definitely suggest that you check the affected toons' AA/XP slider. If it is shoved all the way to AA, then you won't gain levels.

Also, were you using XP potions on the earlier toons? Maybe you forgot to turn one on before turning in the quest? If that toon doesn't have XP potions, check /claim to see if you have any that you can claim. Of course, you can also buy them in the cash Marketplace.
  3. Krystalea Member

Let' see: All toons at max AA, so thats not the issue.

Toon#1 that missed out had 160% veteran bonus, a 100% XP potion going, and zero vitality.
    Toon#2 that missed out had 180% veteran bonus, a 100% XP potion going, and zero vitality.

All toons running have had the same, except that veteran bonus. Obviously would be different amounts depending on what my max level characters were.

Per previous toons running this quest line I laid out for myself, when finished with the second innovation zone, there were at level 109 (some early, some mid %) and they all dinged 114. The two that missed out were at 85% or greater into 109 and received ZERO xp for the quest turn-in that should have gotten them to 114. My guess is that they should have dinged 115, but the game threw some flag and I lost out. There used to be a cap to the number of levels you could gain in one shot, but you never got zero xp.

I have placed a /bug report and a petition. CS told me to come here.
  4. Krystalea Member

Thankfully, someone pointed me to the bug report forum, that I had previously missed while looking for support.

Should include that in your messages Sigrdrifa.