[BUG] Gifting from Marketplace broken for Test

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Gifting from the marketplace (same-server gifting, NOT cross-server) is not working for Test right now.

I tested on AB, and gifting goes through just fine (again, same-server, since cross-server is disabled) and it works fine. On Test, however, it tells you to "Please wait while your transaction is being processed...." and hangs. You cannot exit out of that message window, or the marketplace window below it during that hanging process, and it never recovers from that state no matter how many minutes you wait. (The solution for the moment is to relog so you can have your screen back, but that doesn't fix the underlying gifting issue over there.)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Argh, again? Seems like it's been broken here and there for both Public Test and Thurgadin (or at least its component country regions back in the day) every so often. :-/

On the other hand, it does seem like Test is getting more and more isolated; nowadays, when I create new toons (yes...) on other servers and it gives me the option of applying another, more established toon's UI to the new one, I get all of my various past/present toons on the list to choose from, except for the ones from Test. And I can't transfer a character TO Test, which is fairly recent (last year or two, iirc; maybe farther back) though I haven't tried transferring off Test to another server (and I wouldn't expect to, frankly, since we do have certain advantages here on Test). In short, I think we're getting either forgotten or unduly compensated for? The "advantages" we have aren't that game-busting. :-/

I really hope it's a bug that will be fixed; there's nothing that I know of on the Marketplace on Public Test that's any different than that of the "real" servers (and one would hope our RL money would spend as well as anyone else's), other than perhaps our getting a peek at the upcoming holiday stuff before anyone else. If that's the concern, then don't let us Gift things that the other servers don't have access to yet, but let us Gift everything else, and the holiday stuff once it goes Live. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Um ... you're confusing some things there, Uwk, and getting a bit off-topic. {grin}

~~~~

Test is a separate install on your hard drive, and always has been. Unless you manually copy over your UI files to the UI, that behavior is exactly as it should be - your Test install only looks in it's own UI directory, not the main one.

Transfers to/from Public Test have never been a thing. Nope.

The closest thing to it was that there used to be a Test_copy server for copying live characters onto a testing bed for specific testing purposes. That server was renamed Beta a few years back, though. THAT is probably what you are misremebering. It is a totally separate critter from the permanent Public Test server.

~~~

Regardless, gifting being amok on Public Test MAY be because of some code they are testing over there right now, or it may be an outright bug. Hence the post, so they know it is amiss.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right, amen (though not being able to access my other toons' initial starting UIs is annoying, and I could've sworn I could've transferred a toon from, say, a dying TLE server to Public Test, but I'm probably wrong there). I'm thinking, bug. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Random update: Yep, still hanging while trying to gift on Test.