Bug, Feature, or Tier Glitch with Armorers? :-/

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, May 7, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's going on here? If I want to make level 60 gear for my soon-to-be level 60 alt, I have to be a level 70 Armorer?? Do NOT, I repeat, NOT tell me "that's the way it's always been," because that would be wrong. Times were, if you wanted to make Tier 7 gear for your Tier 7 adventurer client (alt or whoever), you needed to be a Tier 7 tradeskiller. Is this the new paradigm, because if that's so, this SUCKS, majorly. :mad:

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, I see what this is; this is a rather nasty, MAJOR BUG, at first (second, third, etc.) glance. All the Tiers up to and including 6 (level 50s gear, level 50s Crafter), are where they should be; Tier 7, which should include the level 60s gear, made by a level 60s Armorer, is still level 50s gear. Tier 8 gear, which should be level 70s, from a level 70s Crafter, actually works.

However...

Just judging by one item, Vanguard Gussets (rest assured, I will be checking EVERY ITEM), some of the stats have actually increased by the current paltry amounts, but neither the mitigation nor the level has budged:

Indium Vanguard Gussets
    Level 54 Armorer

produces:

Indium Vanguard Gussets
    21 Primary Attributes/20 Stamina [seriously? why bother being a Tradeskiller any more?]
    4 Defensive/Offensive Skills
    0.7 Potency
    0.2 Crit Chance
    2.2 DPS
    0.4 Mitigation Increase
    Mitigation 355
    Level 50

Adamantine Vanguard Gussets
    Level 61 Armorer

produces:

Adamantine Vanguard Gussets
    24 Primary Attributes/Stamina [actually, about what I'd expect, given the prior Tier]
    4 Defensive/Offensive Skills [UNCHANGED]
    0,9 Potency
    0.6 Crit Chance
    3.6 DPS
    1 Mitigation Increase [well, color me impressed; these all went up by fractions :-/]
    Mitigation 355 [no increase at all, other than 1 point?? not impressed; looks to all the world like a bug]
    Level 50 [not SIXTY. This is a BUG.]

Looking ahead:

Pristine [what?? mild bug] Ferrite Vanguard Gussets
    Level 72 Armorer

produces:

Ferrite Vanguard Gussets
    39 Primary Attributes/38 Stamina [nice increase, that; bit of a huge jump, actually]
    8 Defensive Skills/Spell Skills [hmm...wasn't Vanguard pretty much strictly for Fighters, back in the day...?]
    3.5 Potency [huge jump, relatively]
    0.7 Crit Bonus
    1,8 Block
    3.8 Casting Speed [hmm...wasn't Vanguard pretty much strictly for Fighters, back in the day...?]
    Mitigation 496 [nice increase]
    Level 70

This is fine. :)

This is not:

Titanium Vanguard Gussets
    Level 82 Armorer

produces:

Titanium Vanguard Gussets
    39 Primary Attributes/38 Stamina [no change]
    16 Defensive Skills [odd, but okay]
    3.5 Potency [no change]
    0.7 Crit Bonus [no change]
    1,8 Block [no change]
    1.7 Crit Chance [thanks for getting it back to the Fighters ;->]
    7.7 DPS [ditto]
    9,8 Hate Gain [cool]
    Mitigation 496 [no change]
    Level 70 [no change]

Rhenium Vanguard Gussets
    Level 92 Armorer

produces the somewhat sane:

Rhenium Vanguard Gussets
    132 Primary Attributes/Stamina [holy carp!]
    48 Defensive Skills [you guys just didn't get around to fixing this down yet, did you?]
    7.9 Crit Bonus
    4.5 Block
    Mitigation 674 [lovely Mit, but wouldn't it be better to have something in between for the true Level 80 gear, like 585?]
    Level 90

Couldn't check on anything above Tier 10, since all the names have changed to protect the innocent, the guilty, the good, the bad, the ugly, etc. (and none of which indicate what you make the stuff out of until you check every single recipe's details...wow, this is fun :-/).

Did I miss a memo somewhere that explained this as a new feature? How is a new player, getting up to the levels that need this gear, going to understand this logic? Granted, I'm only seeing this on Test with my main Armorer there so far (haven't checked my others yet), but sheesh. >:-/

Uwk
    whose soon-to-be level 60 is going to have his hiney handed to him with either of the "level 50" armors, and who obviously won't qualify for level 70 for a bit >:-/
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, basically, level 60 and level 80 armor no longer exist? :-/

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I stand corrected: the items that use Rare materials for that Tier still work: level 62 gear made with Xegonite, for example, still registers as level 62. This is going to get extremely pricey. >:-/

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just crunching the numbers with a calculator that barely has 4 functions, percentage, and memory recall, why can't we call the Handcrafted Adamantine Vanguard Gussets (for example) we can make with Tier 7 Armorers, Level 60 (Adventurer), with a 425 or 426 Mitigation (because averaging the level 50 and level 70 Mits result in 425.5. Round up or down at your leisure)? Likewise, in the above long example, Tier 9 Armorers should be able to make Handcrafted Titanium Vanguard Gussets for level 80 Adventurers with a Mitigation of 585. Did no one think to check the maths? :-/

Uwk
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just now noticed that the Game Update will last up to 4 hours...maybe someone did notice this and will be fixing it! :D

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

lvl 70 crafter was never a problem to make lvl 60's gear or stuff stats' were not good compared to today's lvl 100 to 110 and they are/were not meant to be. the best you can do is use advanced books 61 to 70 and go from there, the gear will be lvl 62
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If it isn't fixed Uwk, you will probably have to send this information in a private message to Gninja to get it looked at.
  9. Gerak Well-Known Member

The reason for 4 hours was a 3 hour DBG system wide shutdown. EQ2 was only 1 hour plus 3 for DBG.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no worries; I've got an entire -- wait for it -- SPREADSHEET of collected data! :D

They do say to attach a file with a /petition, just in case... ;->

I mean, I can understand (I guess) them nerfing "mere" Handcrafted stuff, but the errors with the levels? Completely ignoring any changes to things like Mitigation, which for armor is really the most important thing? Somethin' ain't right, there. :-/

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My bad, it's not called "Mitigation" any more, but "Protection," 'cause changing the name of it makes all the difference. X-P

Uwk
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*giggles*

That makes a tremendous difference!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It seems some metal armors have "Mitigation" still, others have "Protection"...sigh. Haven't heard back on my /petition, but I haven't checked yet tonight, so. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  14. Ragna Well-Known Member

IIRC but it's been a while… Vanguard used to be the choice for Crusaders TS armors. Having "casters" stats on it make sense.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.