[BUG] Favor of Innovation

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I know someone posted it somewhere, but I can't find it in all the post-Kunark stuff, lol. I /bugged FoI tonight. Making ferrite bodkin arrows I got and correctly countered FoI but alas, no rare.

It's really sounding like something accidentally borked the rare events. I missed a Flawless today, so I can't report on that one.
  2. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Ihavnt had any inovations yet. But have had a couple of 'flawless' . One on my carpenter while making a low tier non-rare item, soam not sure if i used resources or not. The other while making a tailor tier8 mastercrafted. The flawless was countered correctly but still used the rare root.

edit....
    forgot to mention, i /bugged this in game
  3. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

My carpenter got her second Favor (ever!) last night and I'm nearly sure I got the rare wood.
    I say nearly cause I've harvested alot of late. But, I checked my bags to see if I got the rare and at the time said, woot! Rare woooooood. But, now I'm wondering if I'm wrong about how much I had before the Favor.
    I can't really bug, it though, since I'm almost 95% certasin the nubmer in my bags includes an extra one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Mystfit wrote:
    Well, it shows in your logs when you correctly counter and receive your rare :)
  5. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

I haven't had the Favor of Innovation since 2005, but I do see that getting Alchemist's insight and Tailor's insight and reacting correctly no longer gives you the boost to the combine and the buff. I've had it happen repeatedly. I bugged it yesterday I think, or the day before.
  6. ARCHIVED-cooper9280 Guest

I also have successfully countered the "Alchemist Insight" and while I did receive the boost in durability for the item that I was currently crafting, I did not receive the maintained buff to my crafting. I will bug it in-game.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Is it too late for me to check the logs? If not, tell me where to look and I will do so. I'd like to help if i can.
  8. ARCHIVED-Eldcen Guest

I've had 2 Favor of Innovations in the last 2 days (go figure!) while working on T8 recipes, and each time I received a Hidebound Pelt. Works fine for me.

EDIT: I am 100% certain I received them because each time I immediately opened my bags to see what I got, and immediately noticed the rares (I wasn't carrying any rares in my bags).
  9. ARCHIVED-LisaLicious Guest

I correctly countered a flawless on my provie this morning and didnt get a rare either.
    I didnt /bug it at the time because I wasnt sure if the giving of rares was still in game
  10. ARCHIVED-Howlingmoon Guest

Flawless doesn't give the rare. Flawless completes crafting process and doesn't use any components. ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-rkid Guest

Favor of innovation doesn't seem to be the only thing not working. Crafting on jeweler and was getting Jeweler's Insight and correctly countering it and was not getting the buff (not sure about the additional durability and progress that goes with).

Will add if I find anything else on the rest of the crafters.
  12. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

Obann@Permafrost wrote:
    I have had Alchemist's Insight, Armorer's Insight and Craftman's Insight over the last two days. In each case I have received the progess boost and (as far as I could tell) the durability boost, but I did not receive the temporary skill bonus of +20. I inspected my current spell buffs and noticed the bonus graphic was NOT displaying. That is I was not being told that I was receiving the skill bonus, which was correct.
    Conclusion, the temporary bonus has been removed. I have bugged this, but suspect the Insights may have been changed. As the new counter buttons make it very hard to fail a make at any level above 20 the buff is hardly necessary, even if it would be nice to have.
    Domino, can you confirm or deny? Thanks.
  13. ARCHIVED-LordDragone Guest

I also have a Tailor & Alchemist that have gotten crafter's insight but not gotten the buff from it. This has happened approximately 12 times between them.
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Following up: I got a belated but very thorough response from a GM regarding this. It includes: "There is a known issue where the Favor of Innovation event does not always display the award when it is successfully countered. However, you did get the rare."

I was very sure I hadn't received a rare, but this GM was thorough enough to take his/her word for it, lol.

Anyway, the important bit is FoI may not tell you you got the rare.
  15. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Sounds about right to me... I got a Favor while making Adept3s for my Warden yesterday. I had just purchased 4 Fire Emeralds, and finished the combine with 4 Fire Emeralds and an Aspect of the Bat (Adept3), so must have gotten a rare to replace the one I was working with. I didn't see a chat/log message about it, though.

Just wish the game could be nice enough to me to give me Flawless when I'm working with rares, and Favor when I'm working with commons, instead of the way it's going now (3 Flawless and 1 Favor since RoK.)