[BUG] Conj (maybe?) 5/5/15

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Oakenn_TZ, May 6, 2015.

1. Oakenn_TZ Member

Tonight a friend of mine experienced a SERIOUS issue. It may be an item or it may be something with conjurers but here it is..

He was REPEATEDLY being 1 shot. Parses showed no damage just a death over and over. We couldn't figure out any exact ability that was causing it so I personally suspect some passive proc (be it a conj ability/passive proc or a item).

I figured I'd post this here and see if any other conjs experienced a similar issue. If not I guess it is an item.

Happened across zones and was fairly consistent (wasn't "every X spell cast" or anything.. but if he lived for more than a minute of combat in either heroic we ran I would be surprised. Which again seems to indicate a proc)

his char: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168963594213

Was pretty bad and made him completely unable to play.
  2. Meshuggahx Member

it's the neck he is wearing draining his life.
  3. Oakenn_TZ Member

He has had the neck for weeks. It wasn't the neck unless the neck is bugged. He was going from 100%-0% in 1 hit.

As I said I suspect it is a bugged proc so I tend to agree with you. I'm just making it clear that this isn't the neck's intended behavior causing deaths. (also from what I understand the neck isn't allowed to kill you though I'm not sure how true that is)

Also for what it is worth the assassin in our group had the "same" neck (he had a different tier) and it was hitting him for the normal amount.
  4. Iseous Active Member

The EV charm probably increases the damage he takes from the neck by 115% (it increases necro Lich/Bloodpact health costs), so he takes over 30% health damage instead. Timed correctly with incoming damage, it might look like he gets one shot. Either that or maybe the charm bugs it out and he takes way more than 30% damage.
  5. Oakenn_TZ Member

We didn't group last night but I asked and he said everything was fine.. Some weird ****. But if it happens again will def try out the ev charm/neck combo to see if something wonky is going on.

It definitely isn't a timing thing we had a defiler in group and he was going 100%-0% even on trash through the wards. Also on named with no ae dmg such as some of the RC named.

I was tanking and the 1st couple times was thnking "wow I suck I'm not even noticing agro switch" then it kept happening and we all started to check parses n such. He was taking 0 damage.. just dying.
  6. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I bet someone in the group he was in was wearing an Aspect of the Dragon Item.
  7. Oakenn_TZ Member

Checked. And this was just him and again.. it was unparsed damage doing over 1,100,000 dmg in 1 hit. Repeatedly.
  8. Iseous Active Member

Maybe try wearing just the neck/charm and hit a dummy for a while and see if he gets one-shot or see how much health it takes from him.