[BUG] Bagpipe Solo

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Avithax, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Avithax Well-Known Member

Some of the quirks of the Troubador ability "Bagpipe Solo" were solved in this new expansion however one big bug still exists. Bagpipe does not cure most of the detriments that any other group cure normally would because it's effective level is 1 level too low.

Troubs aren't healers but they can assist their healer when properly specced if their abilities work as intended. For now in raid and heroics bagpipe is just a spot heal 1 time with little other benefits. Please fix.
    WhysperWynde, Carynn and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

Some of the new challenge raid zone absolutely requirea second or third group cure. This issue is now a block in progression.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad, not that this is pertinent but, in Lord of the Rings the Troubaduor can train up specially for Bagpipes & acquire a bagpipes from a guy in the Prancing Pony Bar & some Troubs still never master bagpipe playing. Some can, some can't. Nobody knows why. I shall see if mine can shortly, if not I may remake her.

I haven't tried the Bagpipes with my Troubadour character, a Kerran named Vatazha, in EQ2. Didn't really know it was an option. I think I'll try it and perhaps she can be an inspiration and good example to my LOTR Troubadour.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

Since they released it Bagpipe in EQ2 has been a backup group cure for Troubs helping healers. For a long time the power restoration portion has been buggy but the spot heal and cure are invaluable. We recently did the 2nd Challenge zone and when we got to the 2nd named a group cure would have been vital. I wasn't too shocked when it didn't work but I was amazed at how such a minor thing could be overlooked.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Avithax Well-Known Member

Added addendum to this topic: It seems that even the Troubador AA line cure does not have any effect in the raid zones. Moving into these challenge zones i'm discovering that the developers have attempted to slow progression by disabling basic mechanics that have existed for almost a decade, It's kinda sad.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Rushd Active Member

on lumpy.... chk the parse.. arcane cure on arcane symphony is working, but not as good as it used to be. 1st time i tested i only put one point into it then realized you have to max it for the cure.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Rushd Active Member

After the mage changes I stand corrected.... this was changed in our AA's along with some spell casting times for sure that I found so far. Last night no cures detected from arcane ward, so i checked the AA to discover complete change of the feature.