Bruisers, why do we suck so badly ??

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Primula, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Primula New Member

i have been a bruiser for Many Many Many years and i dont want to swap to a Dirty stinkin Monk hahah

why are Bruisers soooo underpowered this expansion ? when was the last time we saw Any upgrades to the bruiser class ?

i have heard monks soloing Heroic group zones , Yet a bruiser will never be able to do that right now

Can bruisers get some Love maybe ?? ~sad face~
    i LOVE MY BRUISER =) =) but Please give us some loving, i would love to see the word Bruiser on a patch notes just once, it has been a really long time for us

PLEASE HELP THE BRUISERS OF NORRATH DAYBREAK !!!!

really feels like the most neglected class in the History of everquest
  2. Lyricus Member

"really feels like the most neglected class in the History of everquest"

Almost... but that title goes to the Swashy.
    Ruckus likes this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

because monks needed love. They lost their bulwark of rime reflect !

bruisers don't. They are secretly OP. but it's just because we lack skills :(
  4. Strac Active Member

Because not a single developer of the game, the game mechanics, and least of all the class archtypes has got the slightest clue what they are doing. It is rampant obvious they are all out of their league. I keep hearing they are understaffed, get forced to work on stuff that is just cash grabs instead of delivering a true game worthy of it's legacy.

I wish there was freedom of speech here, and honest people were to read this and able to take it as what it is, instead of falling back to your safe spaces and policies.
    Since 1999 I've been a loyal customer to the EQ1 and since 2004 to the EQ2 franchise. I'm not one of those people that played for 4 months when it came out and then left for 12 years to come back and throw dirt. I've paid my subscription non stop. It sounds crazy, subbed to the same game franchise for over 18 years....

But instead of treated like a loyal customer, i get treated like a homeless dog on the streets. The place i work for, if just one person e-mails or phones us up for a complaint, we take immediate reaction to reach back and try to solce the situation. Here, nothing.
    To this day, i can not change the past names of my toons, nor change my pets names, because nearly a decade ago i used my pet names to communicate with opposing faction players on a pvp server.
    Sure no big deal. so i can't change names or pet names.

But this ongoing ignorance of even a RESEMBLANCE of class balance is beyond comparison. If you would at least be men enough to post "yeah sorry, we're behind schedule, we know of the problems, we will try to fix them asap" that would help some of us here to comprehend what is actually going on.

But no, you release a new expac and just make a handful of spells and combat arts so sickening overpowered, and now it's mid february, a good 3 months into the expac, and you STILL haven't adressed ANY of the OP abilities and whether or not it's intended.

You can not imagine my dissapointment over this whole monk and bruiser issue. It's sad really, because what kind of sad person am i to work myself up over something like this, a virtual game with no bearing on the real life.
    But what does it say about you, developers, that you can't even bring up the courage to just openly state what in the world you were thinking ? You want to cut down the numbers of classes you give a damn about ? FINE ! say so ! TALK !!!
    Radi, Ruckus, Whiomaju and 2 others like this.
  5. Dannni Active Member

I feel your pain but look on the bright side at least you have the option to betray and then when the devs finally get their act together you can betray back
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

will they ?
    How many devs actually work on class balance ? if there is only Caith ... how do u expect ? good or not, if there is only 1 dev for 26 classes + I don't know how many spells/AAs ... how do you expect to have something good ?
    Ruckus likes this.
  7. Corydonn Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been a bruiser to communicate with the developers in over five years on what is good and what is bad about the class that needs changed. It's as simple as that.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

but why ? why don't they ask bruisers ? there are some
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ask? I don't think DBG knows how to ask unless its as a survey.
    Ruckus likes this.
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

The devs don't want communication, it's as simple as that.

These aren't the same people as during EQ2s heyday. When the opinions of top players were respected and relied upon. This dev team doesn't give a crap what you think. Do as little as possible and stamp out all dissent, that's their motto.
    Ruckus likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

it will be their undoing then.
    Ruckus likes this.
  12. Dannni Active Member

I dont think this is even remotely close to reality. Its just a smaller team with less time but certainly none of this crazy censorship you speak of
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Are there any bruiser tanks in top raid forces? Or are they completely nonviable as tanks for raids? How do they do in Heroics?
  14. Dannni Active Member

Yes of course bruisers are viable but when monks are so far ahead in terms of both dps and how easy they are to play, they’ve pretty much all betrayed. Monks are in the privileged group of classes that have broken abilities - warden, warlock, monk, ranger. If you want easy mode dps play one of those, they might be fixed in an expansion or two though.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

i betrayed to monk this xpac. Because though bruisers are okish ... monk is better in both offense and defense. More mit, as much DR (though they have full 10% DR, bruiser is only physical DR) more wards, more fervor buff, more self heals and so on.
    and dragon fire !

but in my raid force there is a bruiser and he manages just fine
    Mindsway likes this.
  16. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yeah I wasn't asking in a challenging manner. I have a monk and a bruiser and while it'll probably be months (at best) until I'm ready to play them, I wanted to be sure they can still at least tank heroics haha. It's a shame bruisers don't get more love, though.
  17. Karsa Active Member

Curious how are wardens broken?
  18. Divexo New Member

I just started a Bruiser, haven't played the game in a looong time. So be take it easy on me. To maybe answer your question. People like Crabbok, Gungo, Corydonn, Blanka don't play anymore? Some of them worked with the devs to advocate for changes. Who is advocating now? I guess they could be playing still, but I don't see them around AND I haven't played in awhile.

Are Monks really that much better than Bruisers? Be honest and my question was not Rhetoric.
    Tigerr likes this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

they boosted dragon fire.
    this ability is now strong by itself

but add the fact that u have a 50% reset on rising dragon. and u have an OP AoE monk.

AoE was still a spot bruisers were a tiny bit better (with our blue AoE snap). now ... monks beat bruisers in every possible ways

they even have a cooler fighting stance :(, and prettier fluff spells
  20. Divexo New Member

Thanks, I betrayed to Monk, already got my mythical, converted it, and now I am working on 2.0 and leveling. I got like 5 mythicals in 2008 and I got to say, the fabled part of Monk mythical is harder than the others combined hahhahaha.

Dragon fire is crazy, looks awesome too.