Bruiser's Rock Skin

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Xeos, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Maergoth Well-Known Member

You're knee-deep in a dispute you can't win. Keep twisting things and they will snap back at you.

You are trying to compare abilities AND AAs against other abilities and other AAs. They are balanced independently. To say an detriment can be removed off of an ability by AAs is completely irrelevant when comparing abilities to begin with.

That's not how class balance works.

That's why Warlocks and necromancers still have a boatload of near worthless abilities. Not only because their class can manage without them, but because they'd be overpowered if they all suddenly became useful.They are avenues for future improvement.

I can tell you're already confused, so I'll end that barrage of common sense right there.

As for the rest of your spit-up, let's make something crystal clear:
    Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD or ever DO.

You seriously quoted the paladin rez as "something that matters which you can now cast on the move".

Are you ******* kidding me? How often do you chase a god damned corpse to revive it? The same goes for almost every AOE (unless you have absolutely nothing left to cast) which is most of what populates that list for BOTH crusaders. Completely ignoring the fact that almost all of them have <0.5 second cast times and CAN ALREADY BE CAST WHILE MOVING with enough of a clue. Never heard of crouch casting?

You're working with some twisted ideal that, if the stars align, cast while moving MAY make a difference in SOME situation which has never and will never actually take place. The same way you're twisting the BUFF they're giving your class. You have absolutely no idea the ramifications of such a change, you're just crunching some numbers you don't understand.

Please, post a parse. I'll show you exactly what I'm talking about. You'll be able to proc all your little buffs while Rock skin is up, so when you come out of it, you'll have your cute little 10 DPS/haste 3CB/pot reuse and damage reduction **** running, when before you'd come out of it completely empty. The period of time UNTIL you start your procs rolling again has to be considered in your calculations.

DPS while the buff is up isn't everything, Mr. Bruiser.

Welcome to the real world.
    Corydonn likes this.
  2. Xeos Well-Known Member

I am sure you are great in PVE but you have no knowledge of how PVP really works.
  3. Xeos Well-Known Member

Maergoth,

What time do you normally BG, how often, what days and what time zone???
  4. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Whats the penalty on the Monk version for rock skin and is there AA points that reduce the penalty? If so then the penalty on rock skin should be the same. From what i remember the Monk version had a weak penalty and the ability was worth using especially since the prestige tree adds a ward to the ability now. I can tell you now, even with this slight reduction in penalty on rock skin and the ward added to it from prestige tree i still wouldn't use it in pvp. I will NEVER use an ability that will cause me to run -50% in pvp.
  5. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Dude, Nagafen PVP is just as pretend as BG PVP.So the Maergoth is a bluebie arguement is pretty much insecurity at it's peak. It's also not wise to challenge another fighter to a 1v1 because it won't end, Ever.

Rock skin penalties won't even matter because the defensive part sucks, I used to use it for PVP back when it was new and it was still subpar even using it like a pro.

You really should talk to some of the people who train at my monastery of bruisers, They could teach you something.
  6. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Apparently you forgot that Higher Ground makes you immune to interrupt, and Wisdom like makes you immune to fear, unless that's changed recently.

And back at level 80, PVP actually mattered in this game. Now you guys just farm each other for tokens to get gear to farm better. Don't pretend like I'm out of the loop. Stifles still stifle.

If you're dragging the crusader, you're doing it wrong.

The monk version of the ability is irrelevant, since there is no such thing. I could argue for days that the shadowknight version of the paladin single target taunt shouldn't do damage.. but it does, and it will. Because they're different classes.

Their penalty starts out steeper but can be removed with AAs. Your penalty is minor and cannot. Not difficult to grasp.

If you're going to argue that the ability is bad, by all means.. do so. But if you're going to argue that the penalty is too steep, you're completely wrong.

The difference is, as Corydonn said, even without the penalty the ability is pretty bad. Thus, the problem lies not in the penalty, but the buff itself.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

ding ding ding.

not bad given that you're a pally..
  8. Xeos Well-Known Member

9. Maergoth Well-Known Member

You're completely missing handfuls of points not worth reiterating. No one agrees with what you're saying. Get some of your PVP guildmates to come defend you, or something.

Keep it up, you'll be the next Talathionn.
  10. Xeos Well-Known Member

Actually Obano was agreeing, and so was Fleshdecay. Instead I have a bunch of blue players come in here speaking about PVP issues. Come to Nagafen or else you really have no say... I still have yet to EVER see you in a BG.
  11. Broan Active Member

Latomier = Vishous
    Vishous = Ayuk

You're welcome
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

Thanks Broan
  13. Kalmaraa Active Member

Please note this comes from someone that has been quoted as saying PVP gear and PVP training is good for raids.

Regardless my own experience with my bruiser has not been the same here. Rock skin does help to a degree. When in zones where I get bounced a lot on my guardian the rock skin on my bruiser it has prevented the bouncing letting me keep the mob I was tanking in one place.

Now I am not sure if anyone else considers this handy, however I have found it to be very handy when trying to be MT or even OT (Off Tank) in a group or raid, even in current content.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

Are you referring to Corydonn?
  15. Kalmaraa Active Member

Unfornetly yes. Not something I like to do, but he tends to note PVP is good practice for PVE when the two mechanics are separate. NOTE: I don't like the idea of signaling anyone out like that, but it's better to know your sources then not.
  16. Xeos Well-Known Member

Well no worries, I don't judge people by other things than their attitude and knowledge. Or lack thereof, I mean I couldn't tell you stat caps for PVE very accurately, but I could tell you PVP stat caps. In other words different proficiencies... which is what we have going on in this thread.

I will post here, but expect nothing to come of it, instead I have opted for a more direct approach.
  17. Corydonn Well-Known Member

And this is coming from a person who thinks Rock Skin prevents knockbacks. Please don't quote me again, It makes me feel nubly and dirty.
  18. Kalmaraa Active Member

Fact it worked for me. Course I speced my presitge so it works better, yes there is a prestige for that. Though with any ability it does not work all the time. Which is considered normal.
  19. Corydonn Well-Known Member

And there you go Xeos, Do you really want to be the person agreeing with this ^
  20. Kalmaraa Active Member

Eh I think I will make this clear for you. I never said your experience with it was wrong, only different from my own, no more no less. I mean the only way for me to see if what your experiencing in the end is to play your toon after all or try your tactics. Neither of which I would want to do anyway.

So technically, I was only noting how it works for me... if your experiences with it is different fine, I'm okay with that.