Bruiser's Rock Skin

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Xeos, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Xeos Well-Known Member

• Rock Skin now reduces Weapon Damage Bonus by 50 and snares the bruiser by 50% at master instead of dazing and rooting.
    That Weapon Damage Bonus reduction is insane lol, How about a reduction of 10 WDB? And a 50% snare is very high, especially in PVP. I will meet half way and not be too greedy... 25% snare

So TLDR proposed change:

ROCK SKIN
    -10 Weapon Damage Bonus (instead of 50)
    -25% movement speed (instead of 50%)

That is acceptable.
  2. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Dazing means you couldn't attack AT ALL before, and rooting meant you couldn't move AT ALL before.

They chop the penalty in half (less than half if you already have some weapon damage bonus) and you're still complaining? Yeesh.
  3. Xeos Well-Known Member

I know full well what each control effect does. However, you do not play on a PVP server, so you cannot really tell me you know how this will play out in an OPEN WORLD scenario. Not a tiny enclosed space such as BGs.

Yes just like Crusaders really need to be able to move and cast... am I right?
  4. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Your ignorance is completely arousing.
    Carry on, babycakes.
  5. Corydonn Well-Known Member

The reason nobody took the ability of those who actually tried it wasn't because of the daze and root. It was because the survivability from it sucked.
    Davngr likes this.
  6. Xeos Well-Known Member

Let me ask you, what server do you play on??? I hope more than Antonia Bayle. Otherwise, do not comment on PVP when you are not aware of REAL PVP issues. Perhaps I should have affixed a little "IN PVP ONLY" on the thread title.

EDIT: oh just noticed what guild you were in... now it makes sense.
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

How about you don't assume I can't grasp the concept of PVP application just because I happen to be good at PVE. Truthfully, the extent of my end-game PVP takes place in Battlegrounds. I played up to level 80 on Nagafen back when the cap was 90.

I'm well aware of the PVP situation and the point I'm making is, you are acting like they're ADDING penalties to the ability when they're actually REMOVING some of the penalty.

-50 Weapon Damage Bonus and a 50% snare IS MEETING HALF WAY. It's HALF of what the penalty was.

You saying you're not being greedy by asking to meet half way WITH the half way means you're being greedy.

If you can't see how this is a huge boost for the ability (Being able to sprint and proc things) then you're not just bad at PVP, you're bad at the game.

Lets start with this. You can complain more in 6 months.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

These changes won't make Rock Skin any more desirable. They need to drop one or both of the penalties entirely. No other ability in the game has TWO penalties associated with it.

Asking to fix an ability that has been useless for 8 years is not being greedy.

I will tell you what is greedy. Crusaders getting cast on the move spells and then coming into another class thread and complaining stuff that doesn't even concern them. Why not apply the same logic to your own class Maergoth instead of gloating? How about just snare while casting your spells instead of free movement. That is fair right.

Is it still April Fools day because class balance in this game is a joke.

That is what I was trying to get at, he acts as if he is the pillar of unbiased opinion. Yet he sits there conviently ignoring cast on the run for Crusaders which is huge both in PVE and PVP. I ask for a buff to an ability to make it worthwhile. Nothing more.

-50 weapon damage bonus literally cut my autoattack damage in half. In PVP this equates to hitting for maybe 100-500 per swing depending on class. Getting snared by 50% in open world PVP is silly, especially since chances are if you need to use this ability you are fighting a high dps class that will kite you.

The only thing I am asking for is a slight tweak when engaged in PVP, that is all. I still think in comparison to what the Monk gets overall this ability really has far too high of penalties.
  10. Maergoth Well-Known Member

First of all, you've obviously never played a Crusader in PVP OR PVE. Getting destroyed by them in PVP does not equate playing one or knowing how to play one. I've played pretty much every class in the game, and I've done it well. That is what entitles me to my opinion on class balance.

-50 WDB is NOT 50% reduction in auto attack for two reasons:

1. Most of auto attack's power comes from procs. You're now able to proc again while the ability is up. That is huge.
    2. Weapon Damage bonus takes place at a point in calculations where the 50% reduction you're seeing gets diminished by your other auto attack stats.

The example of being kited shows you're obviously fairly new to PVP. The general idea is that you play with other people, because you're a tank.

As for the movement speed, and your calling me out based on MY class, you're out of your mind.

First of all, what exactly can Crusaders cast on the move now that they couldn't before? You couldn't name off 3 abilities that mattered, because we could already cast everything that matters while moving.. especially in PVE.

No other ability has 2 penalties? Let's make a fun list.

1. Consecrate: Ticks huge amounts of power over time AND cancels if you run out.
    2. Bloodletter: Steals health from the entire group on trigger AND can't be cast in combat
    3. Divine Favor: DAZES and STIFLES caster on trigger
    4. Mountain Stance STUNS you. That is: Root, Stifle, AND daze. That's 3 penalties.

Yes, two penalties is steep. Especially for an ability like this. That's why they're REDUCING BOTH PENALTIES BY MORE THAN HALF. Now, you have two mild penalties which hardly even add up to one bad penalty, and you want them all gone, without even testing the changes. They should just remove every downside to every ability with that logic.

Additionally, you obviously don't actually test things often, or haven't been playing the game very long if you don't remember that

THEY DID ADD A SNARE TO CASTING ON THE MOVE FOR ALL CLASSES.

Remember the tank revamp when the focus stat determined how fast you could run while casting?

No?

Remember the pages long posts I spent agreeing with that idea, because at the time, crusaders COULDN'T and SHOULDN'T have been able to cast on the move?

Your ignorance is mindblowing. Try the god damned ability out before you complain that they didn't make it good enough.
    Corydonn likes this.
  11. Velekorr Member

Burn PvP Players, Burned..
  12. Corydonn Well-Known Member

This pretty much sums up every brawler ever.
    Maergoth likes this.
  13. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me that Corydonn is still the only brawler in this thread with a clue.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

I guess you missed the point that this was for PVP only...

But anyways far too long, did not read. I understand you are in a top-end guild you think you are the best. Got it.

Come back to Nagafen, otherwise leave this thread and stop derailing. BGs are not the same as open world PVP.
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Funny, my whole post was about PVP.

I'm glad they're leaving it the way they are, instead of listening to someone who doesn't even have the attention span to read a post.

Let alone conceptualize class balance in any way shape or form.
  16. Xeos Well-Known Member

Coming from a player on a PVE server, how cute.

... sorry I skimmed your post. Once I saw this I stopped reading.

1. Consecrate: Ticks huge amounts of power over time AND cancels if you run out.
    -- If you run out of power on a Paladin in PVP there is something really wrong with your tactics. Oh and you might want to re-read it because it does NOT cancel when you run out of power... If you don't have that prestige then you are shooting yourself in the foot.
    2. Bloodletter: Steals health from the entire group on trigger AND can't be cast in combat
    -- Health drain drastically lowered with AA.
    3. Divine Favor: DAZES and STIFLES caster on trigger
    -- ALL penalties removable with AA.
    4. Mountain Stance STUNS you. That is: Root, Stifle, AND daze. That's 3 penalties.
    -- ALL penalties removable with AA

Go home and try again later.
  17. Xeos Well-Known Member

Oh to further prove your lack of knowledge...

18. Xeos Well-Known Member

I know I should have just picked apart your post in one reply, sorry.
  19. latomier Member

My fav part is Xeos spent days on days getting the Assassin class nerfed in heals and dmg output, cutting its Assassinate + Carnage + Shadow Step dmg in HALF, then when nerf goes through he rolls a Bruiser... So now we see why he was raging so hard on forums about nerfing Assassin class since it was pretty much the only scout class that can go toe to toe with Tanks and Bruisers esp. He is clueless about how pvp should be and rants on here more then he actually pvps..
  20. Xeos Well-Known Member