Bruisers are in trouble

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Obano, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

The constant nerfs to the melee multiplier and changes to combat mitigation have basically destroyed this class to the point of non-viability. Bruisers went from being semi-decent at the start of the expansion to total trash right now. These were blanket nerfs but they affected the classes unequally. When you nerf a class that is already struggling it basically falls apart completely while classes that were strong before continue to do alright.

My parse is so low I feel like I am just dead weight now. What does a Bruiser contribute to a raid? Basically nothing. I die constantly whether I am tanking or not, my dps is 3rd rate. Not even Tier 2 anymore. Bruiser is literally dead last when it comes to utility. I can't even think of a class that has less utility than Bruiser. Without the ability to parse well a Bruiser is nothing. So when I look at the numbers and look at what a Bruiser brings to raid I think to myself: What I am even doing? Why am I even here. Why am I raiding? Why am I paying all this RL money to the tune of thousands of dollars just be terrible. It is all been a futile effort. I should just quit.

If something doesn't change soon, this will be the end of my EQ2 career.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

You're not the only one feeling that way about the way classes were changed this year. Many people pulled the trigger on that threat, and honestly, I think you know you're not going to have the fix you want.

Nobody can say you haven't tried.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Bruisers are surely not the worst hit tank class at this moment in time.

Not a single Dev has posted anything meaningful in the fighter thread for a very long time.

I guess Caith is just too busy doing the L&L server and probably thrown-in the towel as far as live server is concerned and Kander is probably going to appear with his long hair NPC somewhere in Drakkel.

But of course it is not that bad, today I saw this in the update notes:
    • All versions of the fighter ability Bulwark of Order II and all recipes for making them are now properly punctuated.
    Come on, if that is not prioritising then I don't know what is.
    Cropster and Dude like this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

I have seen what other fighters can do and compared to Bruiser they are in much better shape. Bruisers are basically garbage right now. Not only are they the worst fighter, they are the weakest class in the entire game. It is not even close anymore.
  5. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I've been told by a lot of folks that bruisers are in better shape than monks (we literally have zero active end-game bruisers on Skyfire to compare with so I have no real idea if that's true).

I haven't noticed anything I can't tank on my monk, sure dps is down almost 50% from where I was last year relative to the T1s but I'm ahead of utility. Would I like more, probably, but I don't think the brawler classes are dead.
  6. Shido New Member

Melee multiplier nerf definitely hurt a lot as a monk, still no issues tanking/surviving so definitely not as bad off as bruisers. Really sad how little love this class had, I played a bruiser almost since launch, came back 7-8 months ago and my bruiser is still on the shelf because of the sad state of affairs that have only become worse. I echo the sentiments here, it'd be nice to see some kind of comment at least on current state.
    Obano likes this.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

This is false. It might have been true at the very start of the expansion but not anymore.

There is a reason for that. The class has been broken for years. There were a few fixes last expansion but then it all got rolled back and then some with the latest round of nerfs. No other class in the history of EQ2 has been treated as badly as the Bruiser. What other class has exactly zero end game players besides Bruiser? The class is dead last by all metrics.

The monk side of brawlers is still kicking.
    Bruisers are dead.
  8. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I keep being told by Seekers of Valor that bruisers are fine. No idea if it's true, but they are adamant.
    badname912, Lemmehealu and Cropster like this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

It is admitted they sacrifice their entire raid's dps to make the Bruiser look good. That is not a viable strategy for a top end guild.
    [IMG]
    KauaiJim and Clintsat like this.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

A lot of that going around. Some of the dps classes (grown-ups by the way) start moaning and whining like kids if they don't get the buffs they want. You can't really appease everyone but to centre the entire raid force around 1-2 players is just ridiculous. If there were enough people to recruit, I would toss them out of the raid immediately.
    Cropster likes this.
  11. Cropster Active Member

I mean. He had more auto attack than you and more overall dps with less stats. If the overall DPS is what you're going for he wins. What's with the shots fired? Not a viable strategy? I'd say already being in the last zone for 2 days a week is viable enough. Why must it come to shots at people etc? Why not ask questions and get better? Tanks overall are doing less dps but the order surely is Crusader/Brusier/Zerker/Monk/Guard atm. I appreciate the qoutes though =)
    Ayodi likes this.
  12. badname912 Active Member

Why does everybody think that the raid is being centered around the Bruiser. . Only buff Lilbrawl is getting is EV from the chanter. If getting that one buff means the world is orbiting the brusier then I'll take it.
    Cropster likes this.
  13. badname912 Active Member

Who admitted this? All I see is someone assuming
    Priority and Cropster like this.
  14. Obano Well-Known Member

You are the one firing shots at me saying he is better dps without understanding the buff situation and that is not a fair comparison. I have talked to Lilbrawl about what he does and we have both come to the same conclusion:

[IMG]

Straight from the horses' mouth.

There is nothing I can do on my own to replicate his results, not without with changing the group set up and lowering the overall group dps. It goes without saying that is not a viable strategy in a competitive raid guild.
  15. Cropster Active Member

I deleted what i wanted to post because honestly it was mean and that's not my intention. It's one buff Obano. Please talk to your fellow guildmates before posting and take the advice that is given and stop with the wild assumptions and assertions. Also, You don't know how to read his sarcasm.
    Ayodi likes this.
  16. Obano Well-Known Member

Say what you want Pebosi. Let it all out. I will be quitting soon so it won't make a difference.
  17. Cropster Active Member

Nah, it's not my intention. Good luck to you.
  18. badname912 Active Member

Not sure what you mean. It's using the available setup to the best of it's ability. And in LilBrawl case he gets EV and only EV. Bruisers have one of the highest autoattack potentials. So why not make use of what the class has to offer.

There's alot of autoattack buffs in the brusier AA and abilities. Primarily reactive shell. It's like 600 wdb plus overcap if fully "proc" while tanking. While not actively tanking it's 300 wdb plus overcap.

I would relook over AA and maximize individual, even without EV autoattack should NOT be at the bottom unless it's not being turned on.

Raid force has 4 chanters meaning 4 EV. And EV being one of the strongest buffs for autoattack it makes 100% sense to throw it on a bruiser who is properly spec to use it as there are extremely few classes that will make use of it.

If not on the brusier than on who?
    Heccie Thump likes this.
  19. Drums New Member

Obano, were you the guilder leader for Immortalis at one point?
  20. Rawr! New Member

i know this thread is most about heroics and raids i believe....but i too i have been having huge trouble with bruiser alt...
    most of trouble as surprising as it's starts on solo and ends there because i cant go exactly beyond what i have been to this point....
    BTW>if that (certain person) if you come around this post dont reply me (she knows what she did).