BRUISER's and the roles we play.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Meilay, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Genghes Active Member

I know that and you know that, but the masses can't know or bruises will get tweaked
    Ratitz and xkrisx like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The first rule about Bruiser Club is we don't talk about Bruiser Club *grins as I run back to my Shadowknight Club*
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Bruiser for Prez !!
  4. Daryl Member

I'm curious... What type of dps are ya'll putting out with what sort of CB/Pot? Would like to compare people's personal dps as tank spec and dps spec.

Note: Since our dps stance increases pot, if you could put both your specs' CB/Pot outside of a stance, that'd be nice.
  5. Meilay Active Member

In my DPS stance, when I cast anything I'll go to capped CB, and 12000 pot. In tank spec, i'll hit 2900 CB and 8700 pot IIRC, again, when I begin casting. This does include using temp adorns from tot merchant ( non eth ones).
  6. Genghes Active Member

I just change around 5 aas from my tank setup to my pew pew setup. Cb is capped on both tank and dps. Potency in tank mode is about 9.5k and pew pew mode it's about 11k. I don't really do the dps thing because I can do about the same dps in tank mode
  7. Daryl Member

Yeah, I've kind of been noticing a lot of our dmg comes from a few abilities that we should have in either spec and everything else is really just a time filler/irrelevant.
  8. Genghes Active Member

pretty much, which im ok with lol
  9. Lizardling New Member

I'm considering returning for the new expac, is this all still relevant? I've been trying to play bruiser as dps since beta. It's had it's ups and downs that's for certain.
    -Lizardling
  10. Genghes Active Member

Should be
  11. Montag Well-Known Member

Tanks really can't be viable dps. This is coming from a berserker who spikes nearly 1.5 Billion aedps. (I also play a monk and and sk.) You can help out on DPS if there otherwise would have been an empty spot in the group - and on big trash pulls you can look amazing, but when it really counts on a tough named and you're doing max 50m and the real dps are doing 200, 300 or 400 mil, you realize what dead weight you really are. The best you will ever be is a bad swash.
  12. Sounson Active Member

I recently betrayed to Bruiser for 2 weeks to try out the DPS boost from the CB cap and vicious combo, and it was awesome. However, I betrayed back to monk mid raid during Weapon of War because of the lack of DR and parries. When fights like Forge Golem (and Weapon of War at about the 4:30+ mark of the fight) come up, it is much easier to tank as a monk due to chaining tsunami, bob n weave, tag team, 2 DRs, superior guard, etc. as opposed to the Bruiser I only had 2-3 short parries and 1 DR and no superior guard. I loved the Bruiser for his DPS and he did great for pretty much every fight until I hit those points. I'm guessing the stone skins from ripostes helped out, but when the incoming damage started to reach over 20mil+, it got a little iffy. As a monk, the chance of it all was much less.

I really miss being a Bruiser, as it was much more fun to DPS with. I was pretty pissed when I realized I had to betray back to monk just for like 1-2 fights.
    Malleria likes this.
  13. Genghes Active Member

Bruiser can handle any of those fights. Just have to gear and spec right
  14. Genghes Active Member

Skhuuuuuuu come back to the Bruiser side skhuuuuuuuuuu
  15. Sounson Active Member

I can't help that you're in denial, but there are deficiencies to the Bruiser class over the Monk, and vice versa. You ignoring facts doesn't change that.
  16. Genghes Active Member

I'm not in denial nor am I ignoring facts. I'm speaking from experience. You're right about the classes having differences. The reason bruisers don't have as many temps as monks is because they don't need them. If bruisers were given as many temps as a monk then it would be the most op tank class in the game. I wasn't joking either, come back to the bruiser side we miss you
  17. Meilay Active Member

tanks can't be viable DPS.....LOL

Spoken like a true monk. Bruisers, can be very solid DPS, we may never achieve that "uber" T1 DPS, but we can certainly make some of those slacker T1's frantically mash buttons or faceroll faster, when we do spec for DPS and know how to play our class. Heroic content....Raid content....single mob or a bunch, a good tank has the versatility to swap and provide DPS or perform tanking duties, unlike most other classes that have just 1 job.

*** Any players that mistakingly made a monk, your salvation is only 50 loyalty tokens away. Come join the dark side
    xkrisx and Genghes like this.
  18. Fletch Active Member

Obviously if gear and skill are equal fighters can't compete with T1s but those factors are rarely equal, at least in PuGs. I'd take a skilled and geared bruiser as a dps in my group over 2/3 of the T1s I've seen in pugs over the last year.
    xkrisx, Meilay and Genghes like this.
  19. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I never get a chance to go full out DPS :( but even in Tank setup I still commonly beat out T2 DPS or right there with them.