Bruiser with the Planar Mastery: Fighter rune

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Furycai, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Furycai Member

Can any bruisers comment on how the rune has changed their play? I am mostly curious if it added big damage to Beatdown, Wild Beating, and Divide and Conquer. I figure it should definitely add damage to wild beating, which would be awesome because of it being a blue AoE. What about the others?
    Also, how about Manhandle? It should be proccing big damage.

I always like the idea of taunting stuff to death. Now it’s not just low level mobs, but with the rune taunting is again something all tanks will be doing all the time even if they are not the main tank.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

wild beating isn't the most boosted spell

most is beatdown, and all taunts. mantis leap is great too

wild beating is a bit disapointing :)
  3. Furycai Member

The rationale behind what threat increasing ability gets a big versus small boosts is not really clear. It seems that yes if it’s a true combat art that you can get spell scroll upgrades for then yes the damage seems high that at high spell level. The others are a bit mysterious.

For example, Mantis leap versus wild beating, they are both from AAs. Also the Monk ability hidden openings also got a modest increase, it seems that the Bruiser spell, staggering blow, should have also received a modest increase.

No Monk in their right mind should complain about this, and I am mentioning here as a comparison. It would be interesting to know if the other fighter classes have something similar. Beatdown and Dragonfire have practically the same AA upgrade in their class tree that adds a threat component. Beatdown gets an upgrade from the fighter rune and Dragonfire does not.

I guess if they just added DoT and a reset ability for Beatdown, the classes would be too similar??

Either way, the boost for all fighters is great. I see more and more fighters across the board LFG. This is a good thing!
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

I’ve tinkered around on my bruiser with the new rune and I think it’s a good start. It is not a good idea to compare the classes however of bruiser v monk at this point.

As far as mantis leap, since it scales off tier of spell, the higher tier the ca, the higher the dmg that will be applied.

Side note. Dragonfire does get the proc additive from rune IF you’re in defensive, but I can’t think of any fight you need to be in defensive for as a monk. However, with ascensions and temps, bruisers are lackluster which is disappointing given it’s an incredibly fun class to play. Perfect form, the intercept dr, a non bleed thru grp ward, winds, it’s hard to even contemplate the idea of bruiser over a monk( tho having both in raid isn’t a bad idea for many a reason) ToT was the end of the bruiser era which is sad, although at that time they were absolutely godly. Was fun times, even drag worked then lol.

In regard to the beatsown suggestion for a reset and a dot application, why not hit be a monk so you can reap all the other benefits lol :p jkjk
  5. Furycai Member

Yeah right as if I’d switch. Just kidding I did that earlier this expansion. Held out as long as I could, there is just something about being a bruiser in my heart that makes me want to go back. Yes, very fun to play, but burning the house down is fun too. Just wanting to do something different sometimes.

In terms of the need for defensive, sure if you are raiding and your SK’s do not show.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

I was bruiser, betrayed to monk .. and betrayed back to bruiser.

less dps for sure, less tanky .. I die a lot more than on the monk .. and less range (if mob runs, no peel or reprimand to get it back .. or 20 DF) ... but I have more fun.

That's the fun/strange part ... I am happier playing the tank since I am back to bruiser :p (but the rune helps, I feel less crappy ^^)