Bruiser Rock Skin Issue

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Gosh, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Gosh Member

Rock Skin description reads as if it was a nice and bruiser defining ability, which seems to be considered as not being outdated, since it can even be enhanced by prestige.
    But unfortunately i can hardly ever use it.

My observation is: Many mobs can hit me from a range / position, where i cant hit them back when i just turn towards them. So usually i must move a little to get my autoattack landing. Can it be, that this depends on line of sight issues or char size?

While Rock Skin is up, i am rooted. Without my autoattack hitting any mob, the mobs will soon go after some other char. And i stand there, unhit, with my nice Rock Skin Ability being completely useless,
    So while it reads to be a nice ability, the real effect of Rock Skin is the about the same as a small ward and /autoattack 0 ; /afk for 20s (or for how long it runs when you dont cancel it yourself). I can't believe this was intended.
    SOE: Can we please have a way to move our bruisers a little, while Rock Skin is up? E.g. << snare self >> instead of << root self >>?
    Or am i doing something wrong?
    Many thanks. :)
  2. Liav Well-Known Member

Rock Skin is terrible.

Whomever designed this ability, and whomever designed the Bruiser Prestige AA tree as a whole, needs to be fired from SOE.

Absolute garbage. Nobody even has this ability on their hotbars, much less needs it refreshed by a heal that is seldom clicked in a raid environment.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

I have been complaining about Rockskin being worthless for over a year now. It was even brought up at fan faire as major issue with the Bruiser class. The Devs said they would not change Rockskin because players are using the ability somehow regardless if it causes wipes. Rockskin is basically a self-debuff that you should never use. Never use this ability or it will never be fixed.

Did anyone test if an attack range increasing item or a 2 hander helps hitting mobs when rooted?
  5. Liav Well-Known Member

It's not bad because of the root. It's bad because you can't auto attack when using it.

Edit: Easy fix, change the Enhance: Rock Skin under the Bruiser tree to remove Daze when 5 puts are put into it. Then this ability might actually be worth having on my hotbar.
  6. Bchizzle Active Member

Rockskin is OP don't let Obano fool you.
  7. Koleg Active Member

^^ This +1
  8. Gosh Member

omg, what an absurdity.

So during the last expansions the game mechanics have been changed in a way that you cant hold aggro without 600 MA, but it was forgotten to change Rock Skin so that autoattack works with it? bleh