Bruiser Offensive Stance - How much more damage should I take?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Furycai, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Furycai Member

Tanking has become easy to hold aggro and take hits in all the PoP heroic zones. My dps is typically half of our best dpsers. Which is pretty good and useful as far as I can tell. So now I find myself curious about how much more damage can I do in my offensive stance just to make things go more quickly.

Here are links to the two stances:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2075348496
    https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2075348496

This is me:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450972307101

When I switch to smoldering fist from bodyguard, I should expect to take how much more damage? I’m the thinking along the lines of 30% just based on the 5% reduction in physical damage and 25% loss of worn armor mitigation.

My potency shoots up to 71K when I make the switch so you can see why it is attractive.
  2. Dannni Active Member

More importantly which stoneskins can you not use in offensive stance? For bruiser i do not know. This is unlikely to be a problem in T1 zones but could cause issues in T2 if your healer is no good
  3. Kabbe Member

Not 100% sure but think bruisers have 2 DR abilities + epic2.0 defensive spell that works in offensive stance. You will not block many hits in offensive stance either so inc damage will be a lot higher. But as Danni said it comes down to how much you want to overwork your healer.
  4. guard Active Member

alot of it will depend on your actual mitigation level in offensive stance on my tank i am still at 34k in offensive and run in alot depending on healer
  5. Furycai Member

Thanks you all for the responses. I’ve tried with a single healer in T1 heroics and there is definitely too much incoming damage. So it’s going to have to be used only with two healers for now. I’m actually really struggling to upgrade my gear to higher resolve for raiding while maintaining mitigation. I was at 28-29K with 200+ block but as I get more of those spellrift items the block is taking over.

Forgetting about the offensive stance, where should a brawler try to be in terms of mitigation and block for T1 PoI raid?
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

I don't know if mitigation is really an issue. 25k-30k should be enough to start (solo buffed)

with a cleric in group u can go quite high in mitigation
  7. guard Active Member

block will be capped at just under 200 once your at 70% uncontested then just get mit as high as you can
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, this xpac, crushing damage isn't the biggest threat. Most mobs do disease or elemental damage (on parse they are the biggest hitters). Those damages can be blocked and dodged.

So normally it's health/sta and resist that matter for those damages right ? even if they can be avoided.
  9. Furycai Member

Those are good questions Earar. I would also appreciate an answer.

In regard to the 200% block cap, is this correct? How is this checked? I’m finding it so difficult to find leather items especially armor with 29+ resolve and +mitigation on them. My block is currently at 263% for example. If that 63% is useless, I might as well switch back to lower resolve +mitigation items.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

mitigation gear is quite hard to get indeed.

also you can try to boost SDC with DC belt and cloak, and get mitigation in other slots.

the most important thing is to get 70% uncontested block. after it's less important
  11. Furycai Member

So, I molo’d gatekeeper karantil in the heroic to get a decent data set. The block is not capped at 200%. The incoming crushing damage showed with ~260% block to have a 69% hit rate. With 200% block, the hit rate was 79%. However most of the damage was cold and heat and those did not miss in either case according to ACT. So that means to me that they can not be blocked. I am assuming the elemental resists are their mitigation. The crushing damage looks to be only 20% of the total damage in both cases.

As far as can tell, resists are most important to mitigate total damage. Having my both mitigation and block up high will help just not as much as I thought.

I would love for someone to verify the numbers. Maybe this is different with other types of mobs, but it’s what I have to look at right now.
    Rosyposy and Earar like this.