Bruiser combat arts refresh way too slow

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Zolar, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Zolar New Member

Returning player after many year hiatus and I see many are saying that the Bruiser sucks, but I don't see anyone talking about the issue that I am encountering. There is one glaring problem that I have with the class and I am boggled that it has not been addressed. The combat arts are almost always refreshing and the class is often left standing still for nearly 10 seconds during a fight, before being able to execute the weakest art in the book. They get 3 abilities that refresh under 25 seconds and several take nearly a minute or longer. Most fights I'll blow right through all of the abilities- wait for refresh- hit lamest skill-wait-hit second lamest skill-wait-hit third lamest skill-wait-mob dead. They spend half the fight just standing there. So absolutely broken of a class, it's pathetic. Maybe it's because I use macros and I fly through my skill at a faster than the typical rate, but this still shouldn't be an issue regardless. Not to mention, the class has to stand on top of the mob to land any of their hits, so your constantly having to reposition, and often by the time you do so, the mob is dead. Betraying to Monk doesn't solve the issue with the class- I already have a Monk. Anyone else see this issue happening? Maybe we can get this bumped so this broken class can get some overdue love.

I've only been back for a few months and the amount of bugs and broken content is really frustrating.
    Nazy likes this.
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

Stick all your AAs into reload times.
    I used to play Monk, but didn't have trouble with reload times despite a lack of AAs.
    Yes, macros would make you fly through attacks REALLY fast, so make shorter macros but more macros? (That makes sense?)
    Nazyalensky 62 Fae Ranger
    (Former) Axeboi (Idk the level) Arasai Monk
    Zolar likes this.
  3. Zolar New Member

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately there are only a few arts refresh times that can be upgraded and it doesn't really help much. Investigating the AAs I noticed that I also have points in AA arts that are not showing in my spell book. I'm not able to use them, at all. So frustrated.
    Nazy likes this.
  4. Zolar New Member

Failed to mention that Ambidexterity is maxed at 10 -this improves all reuse speeds, but I still have the issue. If I could actually use the AA arts that I have selected it might just be enough to fill in the downtime gaps while engaged. Still trying.
    Nazy likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look at your stats under Recovery Speed. For some reason, Blood of Luclin gear has tons of Reuse Speed by no Recovery Speed. You have to do some reforging to get about 100% Recovery Speed there.
    Nazy, Raff and Breanna like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

Reforge your gear for reuse and recovery. Both should be at 100%. Also it sounds like your Bruiser is only level 10 or something. Things change at high level, especially with ascensions. It is generally impossible to keep all the abilities on cool down and not have multiple choices of buttons to press at all times.
    Nazy likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

What level are you? You can "spend" all of your AA points at level 1, but you don't start earning any until level 10. As you earn the AA points, they fill in the things that you have chosen, in the order that you chose them. The AA spells that aren't showing in your spell book, will appear there as soon as you earn enough AA points for them.
    Nazy and Breanna like this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

On a new toon? If you are subbed and have control of your AA slider? I suggest moving it to 70% AA as soon as you can (Level 10). So you can pick up some more AA strikes and other CA's quicker. That way you aren't waiting on the meager few strikes to cycle back around due to slow recovery speed.

I do this on all my lower level classes. Slower leveling, but you will be a much more capable solo'er.
    Breanna and Nazy like this.
  9. Zolar New Member

She is an 85 Bruiser with shard gear. I have one of every class and most of them are near 85 with shard gear, but she is the only one with this issue. In fact several of my toons have such a fast refresh and so many abilities that I cannot execute all of them before the first one refreshes again. So to have the Bruiser's refresh be so unlike all of the other classes is a glaring mistake- especially since the class is meant to be a fast hitting class.

Thanks for the tips, I will look into reforging if I can bring myself to play again. I'm just so tired of broken content that goes all the way back to the first day of release. I don't even want to hit level 120 after reading about all of the changes they have made and how broken it is. I'm so torn because this was my most favorite game for many years, More and more I just feel like I am clinging to what once was and will never be again. I would love for someone to help me see it in a different light!
  10. Luciano Member

On lvl 95+ is quite easy to get to 100 recast and recovery speed and with that there shouldnt be any issue. With all AA skills and ascencion spells, this discussion become pointless.
    In other hand, selection of class is matter of love. When I asked, back in the day, if Bruiser is any good, I got answer... Make SK or Guardian, and if you want leather tank, make monk. This clearly told me to make Bruiser. He is big bald ogre with appearance of having only pink sweatpants and katana as a weapon. Playing easy OP classes is for kids, game is to have fun, if you feel like rowdy, play Bruiser and you will enjoy it.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.