Bruiser Class Specific Achievements

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile, Nov 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-PhozFate Guest

No, the CA toggles like a stance. one or the other. I think thats kinda lame giving up DPS for a detaunt. While that much detaunt can pry be useful in a group where the tank usually doesn't have loads hate buffs but in a raid setup most tanks i don't have severe agro issues with unless i open up with KO combo within the first few seconds of the fight.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheWorm Guest

I'm assuming that the way AA points will be gained will be the same way we got them in KOS, is that correct?
  3. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Yes
    The stone skin proc does not go off enough at all now at least not 1.8 times a min. when it was 100% it was extremly noticable and probably overpowered. it prolly should of been reduced to 50% and then it will come out to ~1.8 a min.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dahlrek Guest

Small update today, Nov 7. Knockout (last in Knockouts line) changed to Drag

Drag
    You can drag target enemy around for a short duration
    Target Enemy
    Casting 0.5
    Recast 1m 30s
    Duration 5s
    Range 5m

Effects:
    Forces target to change their selected target to caster instantly and every 1s
    Forces target to face the same diration as the caster
    Prevents target from changing direction while acive
    Decreases Melee Weapon Range of target by 4.0%

Currently, the ability has 5 ranks, at 1 point per rank, but ranking it up doesn't do anything. It also is not restricted to non-epics. I assume the non-ranking is a bug, I don't know if the lack of epic restrictions is a bug as well or not. Pretty interesting ability, and definitely more useful than the half-second Knockdown stun bonus.
  5. ARCHIVED-ganjookie Guest

wow, Drag should have potential for PvP especially
  6. ARCHIVED-TheWorm Guest

Does it replace the increased stun duration or the increased damage on KO combo?

And to me, it sounds like an ability that will ONLY be useful in PVP. /shrug. I'm fairly happy with our AA lines, minus the intervene line, so it doesn't bug me that much.
  7. ARCHIVED-TheWorm Guest

Oh, and is this the only change that was made to our AAs/class?
  8. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

KO combo will be awsome for memwipe mobs / mobs that require 2 tanks. :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Siberia275 Guest

Only change that I have seen, but I could be wrong. It replaces Knockout, the endline that increased stun duration.

It would find greater use if it allowed to us actually drag a mob around for 5 seconds then return to our original hate position, but as it stands right now the target(if PvE, havn't tried PvP) just flicks aggro back and forth between you and whoever else it was on for 5 seconds, hitting neither.
    Message Edited by Siberia275 on 11-08-2006 02:22 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-PhozFate Guest

i would love to really "drag" an epic back to the tank in a raid lol.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

on a side note the proc fix will be coming in the next beta update. SO maybe we can finally test the stoneskin proc bug of not processing enough.
  12. ARCHIVED-PhozFate Guest

goodie cause as of now on beta in full relic with 8 in parry and all that while solo'ing whites I lose track of time between stoneskins. I hope this is one of those corrections and this isn't "working as intended"
  13. ARCHIVED-deadsidedemon Guest

Drag looks like it's going to be extremely useful...though it will cost half of all your EoF achievements to get it. I'll let you guys figure out the hows and whens to use it :p
    Also, Sacrifice line got a little reworked as far as costs go. Soak Hit only requires 9 points in Sacrifice right now and Soak Hit itself is only 1 point for 10%. I was gonna get this anyway, so now I save 10 points I can spend elsewhere.
  14. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

Updated with latest info.

Quick rundown... end abilities (other than Sacrifice's Soak Hit) now require 20 points in the line. However, their cost has been reduced to only 1 point for MAX benefit.

This means you end up spending 1 extra point in total (21 vs 20), but you are getting 4 extra points worth of bonus in the line. Basically this change costs 1 point, to get 4 points benefit. Not bad in my opinion... frees up some nice options for builds (see my new build rundown, I added Versatile).

As for the Sacrifice line, it still requires points in the virtually useless 2 abilities, HOWEVER, then end ability (Soak Hit), now only requires 9 points in the entire line (3 in each, or some variation depending on cross points), as well as only requiring 1 point for the final. This means a big fat 10 points for this line, instead of the previous 20. MUCH better... with creative cross points, you can reduce waste down to only 4 points on the second ability.

I'd still rather see the first two abilities give some significant, "always useful" benefit, instead of competing with each other.
  15. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

Minor update today, 11/12.

Sacrifice line can no longer be increased from cross skills, but it only costs 2 points to advance to the next ability. So you will only ever waste 4 points going down that line.
    It's like they are doing everything possible to make it as nice as possible without doing the changes we've been proposing.

In the end... it's still a cheap line, and if you look at it this way, it's 5 points for increasing reuse timer speed, and then 5 points for 10% extra health.
  16. ARCHIVED-PhozFate Guest

would be nice if they would just replace some abilities with useful ones. preferably raid utility or tank related
  17. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

Latest info... max 3 ranks in each of the intervene abilities. Basically you have to max the line to get the final, but no extra costs... still only 10 points.

Oh! Almost forgot. They changed the text for Retribution of Stone to read 20% chance to proc per riposte. Still... I don't see how that's going to proc all that often. What's 20% of 20% of whatever the chance to parry we have?
    Message Edited by Raidi Sovin'faile on 11-12-2006 10:56 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Actually, we have 5% base parry without any gear parry bonuses.. So 5% of 20% = 1% chance to proc immune for 10 sec for every hit mob made against us. Actually it would become less than 1% as our defense bonus goes up and up from gear cuz more often that we get outright avoidance, the chance of mob hitting us gets reduced that makes our parry check to get less checked upon.. I think the order of avoidance check in sequence is: Defense then Deflection then Parry.. So you can see that parry of 5% is not really 5% if defense/deflection is already high to get checked and passed.
    It would be nice for that final EOF AA skill to use deflection for the check instead of parry..
    Other choice to make it more useful is by pumping up your +parry attached to your gear and also invest +parries KOS AA..
  20. ARCHIVED-Raidi Sovin'faile Guest

My 20% of 20% was about the chance listed for ripostes...

20% of ripostes proc Stoneskin.
    20% of parries are ripostes.
    5% chance to parry, based on a zillion factors.

So 1/5 of 1/5 of 1/20... and that 1/20 isn't even that as often as that... more like 1 in 100.

There's a fraction of a fraction of a percent that we'll see this thing go off. No clue why the Devs though this ability was worth ANYTHING.

As it is.. unless the chances improve, I see a reduction in recast time on tenacious will is more beneficial than this thing. It's not even worth the 1 point, let alone the requirements of 20 points in Conditioning.

With the current way things are working, they could make it work off 100% of ripostes and it still wouldn't be that great. The problem is we never riposte on the things that we need the stoneskin for (higher level epics.. hell, any epics), and anything it will have a decent chance of proc'ing on we will be avoiding most hits anyways.

The actual chance of ever seeing this thing proc AND absorb something, AND absorb something that saved you in a crucial situation, is worse than the old chance of finding a rare harvest, lol.

If they make Deflection work even partially uncontested against Epics... then having this ability change to a % chance on Deflection would suddenly become viable. Otherwise, it's not worth wasting points trying to get... hell not even worth wasting the 1 point.
    Message Edited by Raidi Sovin'faile on 11-20-2006 07:03 PM