Bruiser assistance

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Pickleweasle, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Pickleweasle Member

I leveled a bruiser a while back. I really enjoy playing it, but I also know I am not making the numbers I should be. I am most interested in ability/spell order to take full advantage of my bruiser's abilities. I know there are ability/spell combos that increase dps/de-buffing/buffing, but I know nothing about it. I am looking for suggestions of best "Firing Order" to make my "Small Block" into a "Beastly Big Block. Please feel free to look at my stats on eq2wire/eq2u ( Toons Name Is Sloppier, On Skyfire Server)so you know what I have to work with. I know my stats are low, but I really want to be able to kick tail and hold agro for tanking at the same time. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!!!

Sloppier,
    Skyfire
  2. Genghes Active Member

What is your end goal? Are you trying to beat a specific class or hit a certain spot on the parse?
  3. Pickleweasle Member

Thanks for the interest. My end goal is to be able to tank current heroic content at first. I have never had my bruiser in a group situation yet because I want to be able hold agro against the mobs and keep them angry with me. I want to eventually be able to start raiding and doing expert content. Until now I have only ground out solo/advanced solo content. I know this will never end.. I would at least like to jump in and help with 2.0 fights for those in need. In short I want to be able to tank and hold agro... while still dishing out the dps to not only keep the mobs attention, but to contribute to the damage done to said mob. I know bruisers are not a dps class and that is not my main focus. I just want to know an ability line-up that will make the most of my abilities and allow me to learn to be a proficient tank. Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for. Thanks again for your time.
  4. Pickleweasle Member

I just know there is a lot more to learn about my class
  5. Fairin Active Member

first off know this.. dps = threat, its your number 1 source of aggro if a taunt isn't accompanied by high damage, it is useless.

just starting off tanking in KA aim for 3000 crit bonus, and at minimum 11k potency - infusion with platnium (around 300 to 400k) will get you 800 crit bonus. to get closer to the 4150 you will want to eventually have.

reforging for hate mod to 100%. not every group has a dirge or coercer and the like.

crit bonus is king untill 4k then its potency. - its perfectly acceptable to wear a strong critbonus piece untill you get more divine crit bonus from tithe to cover it.

should be obvious but wear mit armor, and the most common jewlery is high in defensive skills in the first place the rarer pieces are for dps.

remember to have fun doin what you love. but when it really comes down to it. tanking is just DPSing from the front

you'll also want to farm KP contested for your ethereal protection adorn, for the 100 fervor proc so you have a chance in hell of holding aggro off anything that also isn't starting to dps with you.

TL:DR. you want to hold aggro. focus on dps.