Broker - Selling items over 1million Plat

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jaxxan D'Arkon, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Jaxxan D'Arkon New Member

How come I'm unable to post an item for sale on the broker for 2 million plat with the default UI?
    Raeven likes this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It's clunky, but you can use the standard UI to price things over 1m plat by entering 999,999p then 999,999g (or any gold amount 101 and up...for instance, adding 200g turns 999,999p into 1,000,001p).

It's not pretty, and takes some kajiggering to get the price you want, but it's an option until they fix the standard UI to account for the crazy economy.

(Alternately, folks have said that DarqUI (third-party UI) lets you enter whatever price you want.)

(Copied myself from this thread about the broker and big money)
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Prissetta likes this.
  4. Jaxxan D'Arkon New Member

I really should not have to use or rely upon a third party UI to simply post an auction for 2 million plat.

I should be able to simply type 2999888 and hit the platinum button to set my price. It will take a very long time using the gold incrementation trick.

I hope this is fixed soon. I have items in my bag that I can't post. I simply do not have the time or desire to use the options listed above.
    Raeven likes this.
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Ahh.. if wishes and wants were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry day.

"I don't have the time nor the desire" meanwhile, goes back to playing online mmorpg

See, the things in your bag CAN be posted, you just don't want to put in the effort to do so. So, its not really "I can't post these items" - its more like "this takes too much effort, and I feel it should be different, so I'm just not going to do it" - really.

For the time its taken to log in to the forums, create a post, and reply to some posts - all of your items could have been listed. Just sayin, yo.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Jaxxan D'Arkon New Member

So how many times would I have to enter in 999,999g to turn 999,999p into 2,999,888p?

I'd rather farm those boring PG's instead.

This seem like it should be an easy fix. I mean, they just fixed visibility for coin larger than 1 million plat last week. Maybe they can take it all the way and fix broker listing now?
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

To be fair, the "fix" for displaying values over 1 million was to add padding (as either a new line or extra room) between the plat and gold values...pretty straightforward. Changing the broker to allow input of more than 999,999p would be more complicated; even with that, I don't doubt they are looking into it.

(And agreed, it takes a finger-numbing number of 999999g clicks to get the price up to where it needs to be in the default UI... :( )
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am using Darqwood's broker pricing UI piece. Basically, at the top right there's a button to click for "higher prices", and you click for as many increments as you need. This module ALSO has a handy pricing tool (the little chart icon in the top left corner... Darqwood explains a little about how to use this piece at EQ2Interface).

To get this installed, first grab DarqUI Unified. Download it and unzip it into a folder somewhere, then run DarqUI Unified.exe.

The utility runs and you then click Check for Updates. You can ignore most of this. Check "skip file" for everything except Set Prices (Broker). At the top, click Update 1 File. By default, it will create a folder (mine went to C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\DarqUI_v3).

If you are already running a custom UI of some kind, just copy and paste the eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml file into your custom UI folder. If you are running the default UI, the DarqUI Utility will guide you through the steps needed to get your new file installed and working. Everything else will still be the same as it was, you'll just have a better window for setting prices.

Here's what it looks like:

[IMG]
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still think it would be easier for everybody to "roll back" their prices. What amount of plat is finally enough, what will you spend 50 trillion plat on? I have made 124,352 plat in all my years playing, I mainly sell depots and gnomish divining rods and a wormhole generator or repair bot now and then. I do not charge high prices, I try and stay low priced so even players with very little plat can still get items.

The prices people charge for things now is insanely stupid and greedy and when the lights go out they will not have anything more than anybody else, just the memories.

Cyrrena
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Norrathian economy is out of whack. We've had massive inflation, a big chunk of which was the result of a couple of exploits... DB got the exploits stamped out and exploiters punished, but since they'd already spent the plat it wasn't very possible to get the illicit plat out of the economy. The economy gets out of whack anyway because you're literally making in-game money almost any time you kill a monster or finish a quest. We don't have good plat sinks to drain away plat. So, at this point, they need to bite the bullet and devalue sharply.

I strongly believe that DB should bring the servers down, reset all items on the broker to 0c and "Not for Sale", then for every person with more than 1,000 plat, divide their total plat by 1,000 (or maybe even by a larger value, the devs would have to look at the amount of plat the really wealthy players have on-hand). Just remove the excess plat, destroy it.

When the servers come back up, people will still try to price at outlandishly high prices, but because people won't have that much plat, prices will be forced to come down too.

The question is, is Daybreak brave enough to take this step? Because you KNOW this would cause loud complaining. But the game economy would work so much better if they did devalue.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

That will literally do nothing except change the amount of plat. The ratio will still be the same, but the numbers will be lower. So a Krono will only sell for 100,000, but people who had 100,000 still won't be able to afford it because they will only have 10,000. Net change? Zero.
  12. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I totally agree! I am not sure this is still the case, but at one time there were issues getting tech support from DB (then SoE) if you were using a third party UI. I prefer the default UI but the broker issue is only going to get worse as inflation and the general state of the economy just makes prices go higher and higher.