Broken water @_@

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-littleman17, Dec 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

I have proof that SOE can make it so that anything can break... even water!

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-EternallyConfuzzled Guest

>I have proof that SOE can make it so that anything can break... even water!
    Water is one of the most complicated effects to get right, much less realistic. So you're blaming SOE for breaking something that's probably just a corrupted file on your local machine?
  3. ARCHIVED-M0rticia Guest

It could also be a hardware problem on your end. I suggest posting this on the tech support forums and see if anyone over there can help you. I saw someone else post a screenshot like that on the tech forums and it turned out it was a problem with their video card.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

Yes I get that same exact problem too, only when im on extreme crap graphics mode, but thats what I see when I'm on it
  5. ARCHIVED-Feawin Guest

I have the water settings down as low as I can get them and now and then I see square patterns in the water. Nothing like that though but if your on extreme performance then everything looks bad LOL.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zaino Shadowave Guest

'Remember, that even water, must be created.' -Some of the Dharma, Jack Kerouac
  7. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

No this is new.

I have been seeing this on the water since LU17 went live on the main servers.

Never had that issue before and was one of the first things I noticed on log in.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deltree_c Guest

I see the same thing, but from underneath, on occasion.
    I'd like a way to just turn water off entirely. No reflections at all, no mapping, no textures, just a single blue cube clipping out of the ground. I can't go to any zone with a significant amount of water without having serious performance issues, even with all the water effects/check boxes/drop box options turned all the way down. My number one gripe.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

I think that the water on EQ2 is terribly unrealistic. It's like mercury, not water.
  10. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

I have been having visual anomolies recently as well. With spell effects that effect me just blacking my character out or greying it out or sometimes making it just rainbow colored. Just started recently too.

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with Omega 5.10 drivers. (did it with Catalyst 5.10 and 5.11 too)
  11. ARCHIVED-utkCREW Guest

I have the same problem as the OP. Figured it was my video card because my video card is the SUCK. So I've got myself a Geforce 6800 coming in the mail. Maybe it'll fix it, and if it doesn't I'll still have a better video card than what I have currently.
  12. ARCHIVED-Catseyes Guest

i had this bug after changing to low and *off* a lot of settings coz the lag . Then i checked again setting about water .
    One was about specular mapping or smothing close,but about mapping . I checked the box and water was again like before, normal .
    If u change setting using just the scrolling menu Extrem perfs -> extrem graphics , u might miss some settings in the process.
    I hope that will help you ,it did for me.
  13. ARCHIVED-SpiderlingBane Guest

I had the same problem before LU17. It was intermitent for me, but I haven't noticed it for a while, not since I un-installed my nVidia drivers, used Drive Cleaner to really remove them, and then install the latest nVidia drivers. Water looked ok, but for a while after that flame spell effects had the same static appearance. That seems to have cleared up in the past week or two also. Now the only funny graphic stuff I see is that I can't see myself in any mirrors, and the mirror in my inn room looks like a grid pattern, not reflective.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

I have been having that problem too...with water, reflections and spell effects

it only started a week or so after LU17, but AFTER a graphics driver also (geforce 5200fx)

as a quick fix, switch between windowed and full screen mode and it will correct it

i havent rolled back my drivers yet, but it will probably fix it permanently
  15. ARCHIVED-MaestroX Guest

I had this problem with 5600fx but the new driver fixed it... wierd. Playing is a modified balanced mode for decent performance and graphics.