'Broken Mirrors' exceedingly rough on low-level chars?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Kethryl, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Kethryl Active Member

I haven't heard my son swear at his computer in a while, and so when it happened yesterday, I was a little shocked. He was working on 'Broken Mirrors', specifically on the bottle-breaking part, and having a really rough time of it.

I had run through it on a level 100 character, and had no issues. The bottles were quickly one-shotted, and the boss was dead, and the quest was done. I hadn't tried it on any of my low-level characters yet.

The problem he was facing was CONSTANTLY running out of power. You're stuck "in-combat", so your power regen is close to nothing. The bottles you have to break at level 39 or whatever have enough HP that you actually have to sit and attack them for a while, and as a Wizard, he was really struggling, because all his attacks require power, and just whacking it with his wand wasn't really getting him anywhere, and certainly not quickly. He actually got the "this instance will expire in one hour" notice, which is when you know the situation is dire.

When I finally figured out what was going on, I hopped onto my Alchemist, crafted him some power potions, and sent them via in-game mail. They arrived 30 minutes later, he was able to grab them, and that helped finish the final boss fight.

I decided to try it myself, having a level 34 Mystic that I was leveling up with him from time to time. She struggled as well, constantly running out of power. With her pet's auto-attack, she was actually able to deal with the bottles considerably quicker than my son's Wizard, but it still took MUCH LONGER than it should have to clear that room. I've never been in a situation with a low-level character that made me want to beat my head against a wall.. until this quest.

Please have someone at Daybreak run through this quest/zone on a few characters at different tiers, and tweak accordingly. It really shouldn't be this hard.
    Seefar, Finora and Tabbyclouds like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

This was noted in testing and believe it or not, it's better now than it was (at least at the levels I've run through thus far on live, mostly 40s-70s in the low range and the lowest ones were melee characters).

Nevertheless, its apparently still taking a really long time for at least some classes =(.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Pball33 New Member

I found if you stay behind the bar for most all of the bottles she will not drain all of your power. If you have ranged weapons use them for distanced targets and melee for close ranged if at all possible to give your in combat regen a chance to regen a little bit. I hope this helps a bit . Took me over an hour to smash all the bottles this way, but did not die for 12th time trying to smash them since she full heals once you die or for me she did.
    Finora likes this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Have him mentor down...I had higher level characters who were lower than level 100, so they weren't adequately equipped in KA type gear...so I mentored them down to level 50 and was able to do the quest. Some of the caster type classes had a little more difficulty and took longer to complete than the melee types, but I was still able to successfully complete it on them. If you aren't equipped in KA quality gear, the quest is pretty rough for sure, at the level.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I did my 40 something dirge last night without remembering to mentor down real low. That was painful. So, don't forget to mentor this last day or you'll spend your whole time in the Broken Mirrors house hehe.
  6. dullneedles New Member

I just die too fast, I can't heal myself b/c I need every bit of mana for attacking the spirit. It's taking me an absurdly long time to even kill the rats one by one without going oom...
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Take quite a few power potions and mana stones. It still takes a while to complete and yes if you hide behind the bar it helps with the power drain.