Broken health

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Fauna, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Fauna Member

So my account got hit with the substantially decreased health bug that I know I've seen others reporting even if I can't find the posts now.

I managed to fix most of my characters using one or more of the following techniques:
    1. Making and committing a brand new AA template.
    2. Stripping their gear off, zoning, re-donning.
    3. Mentoring down and back up again.

I fixed one of my characters only for it to happen again as soon as she levelled and gained new gear. She and two other characters became stuck, and I couldn't fix them so I petitioned.

They told me to delete the usual suspects -- .ini files, cache folder, everquest2.exe and my custom UI -- and then try the list above again. I did this, and while to start with nothing happened, the next day I was able to fix two of my three stuck characters.

Unfortunately, the third character, my assassin, seems permanently broken. I've been making her a new AA template almost daily for a couple of weeks now, as well as trying the other things. When I told Support it hadn't worked for her, they said, 'If that did not help with your issue, you will need to visit our official EverQuest 2 forums to discuss ideas with other community players, as CS is unable to reach a conclusion as to what your issue you may be having is.'*

So that's what I'm doing. I've been playing EQ2 since Desert of Flames released, and my Assassin was the first character I ever made. She has a long history, and even though she's no longer my main, she's still very important to me. If anyone has anything to suggest beyond 'make a new assassin' or similar, I'd be grateful to hear it.

And if this same bug has afflicted you too, I'd love to hear about that too.

Thanks in advance.

*They also told me to /bug it which I'm doing as soon as this is posted...
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

So we're second level support now? Smh.

Someone the other day was saying in chat that support had told them to ask the community. I though they were joking.

Are you free to play? That's the only reason I can imagine they'd say that.
  3. Fauna Member

Far from it. Member for many years.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Wow then I'd start a new ticket, reference the old ticket and say that the forums are not Level 2 support and you want it escalated. Sounds like some bad apples because when I had an issue they were very nice about it. So a different ticket may reach a different person.

Once they confirmed the easy stuff they should've moved on to, is it the firewall? What if you do load_uisettings? etc. Only they have the tools to diagnose/ fix it.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Can you please give a bit of background on the bug that you experience?
    What is the current health value and what value you think your character should have?
    Which server your character is, the level and the name of your character.
    With this info perhaps someone can look onto EQ2U and see what's going on.
  6. Fauna Member

This is her EQ2U link. At time of posting, it's currently showing how I left her last night, but in her full gear which is basic current tier levelling 155 resolve gear, her health is 33,142,502. That includes the collectors edition mount and so on. Looking at my other scouts, at lvl 120 it should be over 100mil, even without finishing the sig quest, which I can't because my health is broken.
  7. TechUp Active Member

I noticed that on the assassin prestige tab that you don't have any points in "Enhanced Vigor". Do your other scouts have points in that ability? It gives a health bump based of critical bonus and potency. I know when I swapped my wizard into that, I saw a substantial increase in his health pool.
  8. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I was going to post the same thing. I don't believe it's possible to get your hp into the hundreds of millions without that AA (as a non-tank class).
  9. Prox Well-Known Member

I always keep 6 in that line to get the health boost.
  10. Fauna Member

Okay, I have to thank you. I've tried every template I could think of with my attempts to fix this, but I think I can't have tried enhanced vigour since my last deleting of files as per Support's instructions. Either way, putting 8 points into enhanced vigour got her to 125mil. So thank you very much.

Edit: deleting inaccurate stuff as I'd forgotten to remount.