Broken Achievement Reporting

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Gninja, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Wulfen Active Member

Doing Missions helps my character grow in learning zones, play methods, collecting shinies, etc.
    It's heartbreaking to lose their record... within days or even hours or minutes. Most of the time I remember having completed them at least once, but... "If you didn't take a pic, it didn't happen". It's cruel for those of us intent on quest count. But I don't want to sacrifice Missions for Quest Count... so I do the Missions. Why the count mechanics didn't include "first time completed" I don't know... You'd think that would work. I try to take a screenshot of completed missions. I have failed at least once to put all those hundreds of missions on a thumbdrive. Catastrophic PC crashes destroy years of memory. Just imagine... in my future gameplay are all those Path of the Past missions, repeated. At least my Galleon has the purchased Relics with a sign for each one, listing Name of Instance for each of those, with a recommended mentor-down level. I should make a gallery for all the others, too.
    So yes, quest count gets lopped off, we don't know why, it's different on the official record as opposed to our own quest journal count, and conceivably that could affect achievements as well, sometimes by several dozen or hundred quests. When I choose to say what my quest count is, I use the personal quest journal. I'm aware it's different from the number the game uses. If I approach or pass a significant goal, I know it will jockey back and forth maybe for weeks until it agrees with current quest count mechanics. Here I am passively observing; the game is the master of quest count.
  2. ShirQuickpaw Member

I don't know if this thread is still actively monitored, but I would like to report that the hidden general achievement "Slipped on some tile" - Drown in the City of Mist Waterfront Estate is still no longer triggering if you visit a random estate through the Housing and Leaderboards Option. Does this one only work if you own the estate instead of visiting (which of course makes it impossible to do this one if you didn't get it back then?
  3. Dezum Member

You have to own the Estate in order for this achievement to trigger.
  4. Dahakon Member

5. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

Hmm, but you can't buy it anymore can you? So makes it unobtainium for those that have recently started playing.