Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Bristlebane Day is active on Test!

Jesters, thieves, bards, or simply fans of mischief and frivolity, are all encouraged to visit Enchanted Lands during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane! But that’s certainly not the only place where laughs and pranks await you. I know for a fact, The Silly Billy Sticky Fingers are recruiting Overseers in Qeynos Province District and the City of Freeport in honor of the King of Thieves, and Vetrovia has had an influx of patchcraft creatures! Of course, you can get even more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S.
    Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, April 1st!

New Bristlebane Day Features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Kaladim, and Kael Drakkel servers - The entire event is active!
    • Tarinax - The entire event is active except Pains of Herding and Plethora of Patchcraft Parts, due to zone inaccessibility.
    Live Servers:
    • 10 New Merchant Items sold by Bristlebane Day merchant in city tradeskill houses!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XIII" sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Jester's gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
    • Patchcraft creatures can be found in the following zones:
      • Karuupa Jungle - patchcraft crab
    Returning Bristlebane Day Features for '22!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Fool's Gold Coin: These are available from repeatable event quests, and drop off of Patchcraft creatures found throughout Norrath.
    • Creatures can be found throughout Norrath, sewn and buttoned up by Bristlebane’s own hand!
      • Antonica
      • Greater Faydark
      • Frostfang Sea
      • Darklight Wood
      • Commonlands
      • Timorous Deep
      • Obulus Frontier
      • The Blinding
      • Aurelian Coast
      • Wracklands
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    • Jester's garden spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VIII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IX
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft X
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft XII
    • Returning Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: a Silly Billy Talent Scout in Qeynos Province District or City of Freeport.
        • Heist Societies - The Sham Plan
        • Heist Societies - Recruiting Talent
        • Heist Societies - Send in the Clowns
        • Heist Societies – Swipe the Swap
        • Heist Societies - King of Thieves
    • Quests:
      • "Pot of Luck" - Repeatable every year
      • "Pains of Herding" - Repeatable every year
      • "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale" - Repeatable every year
      • "Plethora of Patchcraft Parts" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
      • "Ratical" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gnary a Joke to Tell" and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
      • "Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands" - Repeatable
      • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • Collections:
      • Impossibly Rare Objects
      • Prankster's Piece of the Pie
      • Bristlebane's Memories
    Any feedback submitted after 3/20/2022 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 3/24/22 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 4/6/22 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks available on 4/1 only.

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

The 4/1 only content may not be activated early on Test, this year, but I wanted you to know what Bristlebane has in store for it!

New Bristlebane Day Features for ’22 –High day 4/1

Special Rules Servers:
    • Kaladim, and Kael Drakkel servers - The entire event is active!
    • Tarinax - The entire event is active except Riddled Again and Riddled Yet Again, due to zone inaccessibility.
    Returning Bristlebane Day Celebrations –High day 4/1:
    • All chests = gigglegibber comfort cubes.
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester’s superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Heartgar MacInnes, the Erollisi Day exchanger, is available on this day in order to help organize loot obtained from Jester's superior gardens.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • Achievements:
      • Fur Finder / Rabbit Nabber / Bunny Hoarder / Hare Wrangler / Cottontail Collector / The Fast and the Furriest
        • Bunnies in Svarni Expanse can be captured for this event!
    • Collections
      • Prankster's Novelties – Not repeatable
    • Quests
      • Riddled Throughout the Land – Repeatable every year
      • Riddled Again – Repeatable every year
      • Riddled Yet Again – Repeatable every year
      • Riddle Mei-Theiz – Repeatable every year
        • New reward choice: Four-Sided Stone of a Different Color
    The 4/1 only content will run on all servers from 4/1/22 12:01 AM PAC time until 4/1/22 at 11:59 PM PAC time.

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Piquant Bandana tagged NO-VALUE and Jester's Whirlygig Cap tagged APPEARANCE-ONLY, NO-VALUE they do not attune when equipped and can be passed back and forth to other accounts after being equipped. Was this intended?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Not a problem just listing this for others to know. Classic Rivervale Ladder can not be climbed to the top.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

The new Rivervale Farm Cart and the old Walless Wheelbarrow look the same. All other crafted and merchant items are good.

Great job as always! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch on both of those! Those will be adjusted.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hi there! Hugs to everyone!

Been a while, been busy with work and kids as I told Mum.

Can't say for the other instances, it's 3am, but scaling is perfect for "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale" (I'm in love with that zone). Easy to kill on a 125 conjuror and a tad painful as expected on a mystic.

I love the new tiles, they're awesome!
    The till is also a great addition.
    And the animation on the rug is just ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, as always.

I crafted everything without problems and didn't spot any issues besides those pointed out by Kasa.

I places everything down but the mount in my Opera House (published under name "Bristlebane 2022", Medium homes (please don't upvote) and available in Qeynos under Leucosia)
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yay silly days are here.
    I checked at least 6 times yesterday if it was here yet.

I just looked through the merchandise for Bristlebane day and noticed those pretty round halflings (keg) doors.
    For next year maybe, could we get some building blocks with round holes for the round doors to fit in to.
  9. Denmum Developer

I thought that one looked a bit too familiar, but I forgot to go digging to figure out why!
  10. Kaitheel Developer

The following changes are headed your way:
    • Piquant Bandana is no longer tagged No-Value.
    • Jester's Whirlygig Cap is now Attunable.
    • Rivervale Farm Cart has been renamed to "Farmer's Wagon" and the art was changed to something not yet available.
    Hopefully these changes are included with the Test update on 3/18!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kasa Well-Known Member

After update Piquant Bandana still not attuning after equipped and can still be passed back and forth to other accounts after being equipped.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well, Kaitheel did say he hopes the changes will be included, obviously they were not.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am really happy we got the partial Brewday Festival as it is, people still had lots of fun.
    There were enough quests to earn tokens to buy the merchandise, and besides that we get to harvest on the first of April,
    I also found out that I was able to get the materials through the Overseer, those extra barding slots give us a onetime pony, and that gave me not only regular harvests, but also Brewday fest harvests, that made it possible to even get some of those green clover carpet mounts for some of my toons.

OOPS, this is the wrong festival.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, the Piquant Bandana is a crafted item, and is now flagged consistently with the other crafted Bristlebane Day armor items. I did remove its No Value tag though. As opposed to the Jester's Whirlygig Cap, which is purchased from the event merchant.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kaitheel , I just found another quest we are not allowed to do on Tarinax because the instance is a copy of a Kunark zone.
    Rescuing the Princess.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On Denmum's EQ2 Traders Bristlebane page (thanks again, Denmum! :D), there's a notice that Heartgar MacInnes, the Love Loot trader from Erollisi Day, will be available again on April 1st to convert all those candies, etc. that we either forgot to get converted or didn't have time to ("Why are you nudging me, Pony? What do you -- oh, no..."), but it said she was in Qeynos, with no mention of her being in Freeport as well. I'm gonna take as given that she'll be there, too, but you might want to "put that in writing," as they say. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And, I really do hate to come across as a whinger, but can we please not do this again? :-/ Having holidays overlap, having no time or chance to do the April 1st stuff on Test, etc.? :-/

Having one major holiday end on Live with a two-minute breather before the next major holiday on Live? :-/

I'm sure you folks would appreciate that, too... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Marae and Xillean like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sorry Uwkete, but they have big plans for this game, remember, the 64-bit update and the beta that begins on the 29th?
    There is a time where we will have a little festival break, so people don't get fall over from sleep deprivation.
    The really should come up with a new holiday called give your devs a break.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Blargh.

Thank you! I'll note it for the future.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I agree, a breather would be nice. Chronomancers have yet to respond to my request that EQ be launched on a different date in 1999.

There were a few witnesses to the moment at a Fan Faire (back in the day) when an EQ2 Producer publicly suggested we have a live event every month. My face gave me away. Now fast forward to today... and yup, nearly one a month. I have to go lay down.

~ Kaitheel