Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief, alike, are encouraged to enjoy the Bristlebane Day festivities! You never know what laughs and pranks await you during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane. Princess Evelynn has a lofty challenge in Sinking Sands, while other celebrators, like Rakshatta, can be found in the Enchanted Lands. And if you’re fortunate enough to spot the Grand Prankster, himself, he may bless you with a tale. Of course, you can get more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S.

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, 4/1/2016!

New Bristlebane Day Features for '16!
    • TLE servers have a special Bristlebane Day themed merchant, a Gigglegibber goblin, and celebrators in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
    • 7 New Merchant Items sold by Bristlebane Day merchant in city tradeskill houses
    • New Quest - Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale
    • New collection - Prankster's Piece of the Pie
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII" sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses.

Returning Bristlebane Day Features for '16!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Fool's Gold Coin: These are available from repeatable event quests, and drop off of Patchcraft creatures found throughout Norrath.
    • Impossibly Rare Objects holiday collection found within Antonica, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea.
    • Jester's garden spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by “a Bristlebane Day merchant” in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
    • Quests:
      • “Plethora of Patchcraft Parts” - Repeatable, once per year
      • “Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt” - Repeatable
      • "Ratical” - Repeatable, once per year
      • “Gnary a Joke to Tell” and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
        • New Reward: “Hive Heave”
      • "Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands" - Repeatable
      • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack

This event content is currently set to run 03/25/2016 at 12:01 AM PAC time until 04/07/2016 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks and quests available on 4/1 only.

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

BTW... the 4/1 only contest is not active at this time. That will come to Test, later.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I found some of it by chance doing some last day quests for brew day I love the new collection system
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

BUG - Lucky Horse Shoe will only place on wall sideways.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

to bad there are not any edible pies in the collection like there are with the Brew day shinnies I got a lot of extra pies
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! I just got word that "A Sinister Place in the Emerald Jungle" is not properly hooked up to be an instanced zone, and thus it is stopping players from being able to progress. I've submitted a fix for it. Hopefully, we will be able to push that change to Test tomorrow!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'll have to do more testing later.

But some squirrely stuff happened with "Rescuing the Princess"

I accepted the quest, zoned into the dungeon and ... found another player in there. (She got most of the shinies, I got two). Killed a few things, broke a few things, killed the name, had the mushroom tell me the princess was in another castle. Returned to the Grand Prankster as the quest journal instructed, quest completed. That was it. Done deal. That's all she wrote.

The tells from the other person indicate that her friend went in and had the instance to his/herself, and was offered another quest. If there's more than that quick non-instanced bit that has you colliding with other players, it wasn't offered to me.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Whoops! Ignore my post above. This me is now broken as far as testing the quest goes. I'll test it with another me or two once the fix goes in.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea it would be nice right now it works like a level agnostic dungeon people coming in later auto mentor to the lowest level
    but you cant go on with the quest line unless your alone doing the quest
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Collection item "Tripple Bristleberry Pie" should be "Triple Bristleberry Pie" :)
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

• Default size on Vibrant Bristlebane Banner seems a bit small to me.
    • Recipe for "Gold Filigreed Jar" yields "Thief's Chest of Gold"
    • "Looney Loomed" Pillow is on the work bench? Seems odd for something with "loomed" in the name. (If it is moved, though, you'll need to change the fuel as well.)
    • As mentioned above, the "Lucky Horseshoe" has an incorrect anchor point
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It appears that the purple shiny spawn rate in the Enchanted Lands for this is pretty abysmal and/or bugged. I found one there in the Snack Snatcher area in the 15 minutes I was there. I'll recheck tomorrow once the Brewday shinies are not spawning inside the building on the docks, but I was using track harvestables and they and the red shinies were about all I was finding in the area. (Sinking Sands has multiple of the Bristlebane ones up at a time, covering a decent area on/above the beach, but EL is another story. :O)
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I get the "lesser Initiate of the Arisen" in the new zone, but "leasest Initiate of the Arisen" isn't parsing. Were you trying for the made-up word "leastest" and missed a T? :D (Mostest leastest!)
  14. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh! You guessed it.

~ Kaitheel
  15. daicia Well-Known Member

/cracks knuckles

Time to revamp the Bristlebane page on the wiki. No rest for the wicked! At least I have a bit of a system for this now lol. :D
  16. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work updating the wiki!
  17. Kaitheel Developer

I've made the following changes, but I don't know when they will be on Test:
    • Lucky Horse Shoe should now be positioned correctly at default.
    • Triple Bristleberry Pie is now spelled correctly.
    • Gold Filigreed Jar recipe now creates the item expected.
    • Vibrant Bristlebane Banner has a larger default size.
    • Loony Patterned Pillow has been renamed.
    • leastest Initiate of The Arisen is now spelled correctly.
    ~ Kaitheel
  18. daicia Well-Known Member

NP. It's one of my nerdy hobbies. I actually like doing this sort of writing and editing. :)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, not to quibble too much more, but shouldn't the first letter in "leastest" be capitalized, since it's part of a proper noun (a title)--heck, it's the first word of the proper noun phrase (I won't quibble about the "The" in "The Arisen" [articles like that usually aren't capped] since that's probably also part of a title/proper noun)? :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: was the Horseshoe (usually one word, though I think either is acceptable [EDIT: nope, not according to Google; always one word]) actually sticking to a wall on edge instead of on a flat side? That would actually have been funny as heck to see (and would take some doing by the Art Dept.!); and it is Bristlebane's Day... :D
  20. Kasa Well-Known Member

After update Lucky Horse Shoe is still not positioned correctly.