Bristlebane Avatar

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Bevz, Aug 8, 2013.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

We had damage reduction sit on him for 3 minutes with everything completed last night, and completing multiple events after before it came off.
  2. Avianna Well-Known Member

what is funny about this entire post is that for once in eq2 history the top guild can't have all the top gear on all their toons before the guys with lesser gear get a shot at it and the riot ensues, that is what is funny.

I think the bristlebane fight is great and a moment of celebration when he pops because it is a bonus. It can't be predicted, it can't be farmed, it can't be planned, it is simply a bonus. I do not have my cloak yet I have seen him pop once. Yet I still think it is great way to level the play field for the little guys out there.

So number one guilds sorry you got your undies in a bunch cause you can't farm it... wait, no I'm not. It is my opinion that ALL best in slot gear should work like this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

Whats really funny is how much anti-raider hate spews from the clueless people in this thread.
    Errrorr and Neiloch like this.
  4. Avianna Well-Known Member

I raid 4 nights a week, I am not anti raider by any means.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Just clueless then. At least prejudice would've been an excuse =/
    Errrorr and Neiloch like this.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks this is about getting equipment FAST has no idea what they are talking about. It's about getting equipment in regular intervals (this has nothing to do with frequency btw) anywhere near their drop chance and being properly rewarded for work, time and skill. They just shifted some random from the loot to the actual spawn.

Super rare, awesome items? Bring it on. One group getting it dropping like candy while another hasn't even got chance when both put in the same effort and skill. Not so much. Items sharing a spot on the loot table? Sure. Items supposedly having an 'equal chance' while one shows up nearly every time and another is more rare than ARTIFACT items? No thanks.

The 'randomness' for loot in this game marginalizes work, time and skill put in by the player more than any other video game I have ever played. EQ1's past and current system is much less frustrating. I acknowledge that they are changing how this works at least to a degree in the xpac but for now, and most likely for current content that gets ran in the xpac, its by far the worst loot distribution system I have ever had to suffer with. If what I'm saying sounds unreasonable and ridiculous its only because I am describing something that has those exact qualities.

So it would be nice if player effort and skill impacted what loot was gotten more than the RNG. More poker and less nickel slots.
  7. Orienne New Member

What's really fun is that we clear this zone every time we can reset and still have yet to see a single BB, where some people in this thread are talking about having him 4 times already. No wonder people don't want to raid in this game anymore with stupid mechanics like this and Avatars that any guild can 1 pull with zero chance of failure.
    Neiloch likes this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

basically this. it really has nothing to do with him having amazing loot or not. I would probably complain about only seeing him once so far even if he dropped alt loot. random spawning has no place in raiding.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Kalderon Well-Known Member

His loot is good and the fihgt, if you finaly know what to do, is fun :)
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I just find it interesting when he says "Change things so I can get my stuff", it's different than when other people say "Change things so I can get my stuff".
    Silzin likes this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The difference is, I'd be willing to bet Equillibrium could run the Arena 10x a week atleast, using alts, to farm the items if they want. However, the change proposed would benefit ALL guilds, not just his.

Luck is never fun, especially when it comes to rewards. But when combined with best in slot items, its taking it a little bit too far. Heroic content you can do 5x a day per toon if you desire. Sure, Let loot be a little random and require work done towards it. But when you have 30+ people, waiting on a random chance of an upgrade, its just bad for time invested.

I'd be curious to know what the % of BB popping is. Must be somewhere from 5-10% I'd take a guess at. So with the purpose of lockouts as they are intended, 2 kills a week, that's 1 pop roughly every 5-10 weeks. Multiply that by then 30 members all wanting the upgrade, plus turnover of members, its getting silly.

People like the RNG when you can have big samples of numbers, but when you only get a very small sample, its very easy for it to favour some guilds over others. The RNG and Raiding should never be mixed when it can be avoided. [See lots of other threads of some servers getting same items over and over, and other servers yet to get them].
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. Avianna Well-Known Member

Not clueless by any means, Just getting a good laugh at the idea that no matter how good you think you are you can't get your cloak and you throw a temper tantrum like a child, then when someone is bold enough to point that fact out you resort to name calling and put downs. Your level of maturity is definitely showing through.

As far as the avatar is concerned and on the topic of the OP I still think it is a great and fun bonus. It is best in slot that not everyone in your top raid guild is gonna get and it can't be farmed. It is an excellent way to balance the field and I love it.
  13. Glassjaw Active Member

I think a lot of people here are missing the point. Point being that the mechanical choice of how this mob exists in the game was a poor choice. None of the longtime and more experienced raiders are saying, "give me the loot, now" or throwing tantrums of any sort. From both the viewpoints of a hard core raider and guild leader, time spent raiding is not to be wasted and is expected to be efficient. Plenty of raid guilds spend 8-20 hours a week or more raiding and when you have to waste any of that time it can become very, very unpleasant. Wasting your own and the time of others is stupid. The spawn chance rate of BB is unrealistic and should be addressed. Then, putting some of the best cloaks in game on that mob which supposedly spawns on a chance after killing mobs that are trivial to many raid guilds also adds to the overall frustration. But, as we all know if SoE is good at one thing it's getting subscribers to waste extensive amounts of their time with the hopes of keeping them around long enough to put another carrot on the string.
    Neiloch likes this.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

what mindset do you have to think raiding should be balanced for everyone? this isn't Candy land bro. We all don't get fair share. a guild that can't walk straight (which is really all that is required to kill BB) shouldn't be in gear equal to guilds that can.
    but really as said already it's not about gear, it's just a crappy system in place.
    Neiloch likes this.
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

You realize I have his items right? I don't say things about stuff for personal gain, I say things about stuff when I think it is bad and could work better, or shouldn't be done again.
    Malleria and Neiloch like this.
  16. Crychtonn Active Member

Instead of letting your hate or jealousy of him leading the top guild cloud your mind take a breath and actually read what he's saying. His guild has gotten BB multiple times now so their luck has been good. His post and most others here are trying to help the super unlucky guilds like mine or Orienne's who have Never seen a single spawn. And I'm sure there are other guilds like ours who after two months of trying are at Zero spawns.
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Balancing out the field in terms of people having an equal shot is great. Balancing it out so effort is barely a deciding factor is just lame. Like I said, less slots and more poker.

People shouldn't be winning by chance when challenge difficulty is actively made a factor. If they want to just make everything ridiculously easy and getting the best stuff is just a matter of killing said easy things repeatedly and getting lucky tell me now so I can leave.
  18. Teal New Member

I hear what your saying, killing for no loot is pretty crap. But I'm not sure where the hour and half is coming from, I've seen your guild in action i cannot imagine how it would take more than 25-30 mins to kill all 9 avatars. Our guild which is way behind yours could probably do it in 45 mins or so. I don't really see it much different to killing all the PoWar names for useless loot and a chance at a cloak (guaranteed now of course), or clearing Harrows End for breastplates where not even alts would want the crap the drops from everything else, but yeah i suppose there is some loot, even if it is just mana's and infusions with the odd decent red rune thrown in.

I'd just like to see some way we could see BB on a regular basis rather than as it currently is, because its pretty ridiculous at the moment.
  19. Xelgad Developer

Since Bristlebane's loot is balanced for its rarity, we're going to leave this how it is for now. Going forward, the RNG will not be a factor in balancing raid loot.
  20. Gaealiege Active Member

And change has been affected. Wonderful. Just not quite the full monty most would have hoped for. Thank you, Xelgad.