Bristlebane’s Meaty Monstrosity

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

You're still not really understanding. It's not a question of whether I (or you) like the mount or not. It's disappointment at the obvious lack of effort put into the model design. If Reece's spent a month+ hyping up a super secret awesome new appearance for their peanut butter cups, and after that month you found it was actually just the same shape and design, you'd be left thinking 'what?'. I bought 6 meatbeasts last year, including one pink one. I'm not afraid to spend money on something I think is cool (and the meatbeast IS a cool mount). What I'm annoyed about is SOE playing up this super secret awesome thing for Bristlebane day, which last year was fall-out-of-your-chair awesomely innovative and new, only to find out its exactly the same thing they released last year except they slapped a bumpersticker on it. Where's the innovation? Where's the originality?

It's another notch in the continuing line of disappointments from SOE. If they want to hype something, make it worthy of the hype.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Its pretty bad, no one can see my mount if they are not right on top of me. I was in a temple raid and everyone kept asking what mount I had, all they saw was my human riding the air with her legs spread! :eek:
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

For a while now, I have been not seeing the flying mounts, disc types in particular, and only seeing the rider until they are closer.
    Sometimes other flying mounts are not rendering when in air until they gets closer. It may not be entirely something in the meatbeast. Something may make it even less likely to be rendering correctly, but there is something else going on with flying mounts.
  4. Luperza Community Manager

Just because something isn't super innovative, doesn't mean it's not worth hyping! Flying Meatbeasts are awesome. Everyone loves them. :)

We think they are worth the hype. Perhaps in the future, we'll have something more innovative, but this time around, we thought it was very fitting for Bristlebane to create such a creature and something Norrathians would enjoy.
    Glenorian, Shmogre, Kikielle and 7 others like this.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

now if we could just code in a slows target and fears targets in area of effect of caster for anyone standing udder under a flying meatbeast. LOL
  6. cellinaire Well-Known Member

One of the coolest-lookin mounts in EQ2, only available from Friday/March 28th to Thursday/April 10th, no rebate sale, no 30% off, at full price with no discount for gold+ member and you can't even buy that with the tokens...

I see what ye did there SOE xD
  7. Gregore Active Member

What we need now is an evil version with nipple rings in the udders!
    Kikielle likes this.
  8. Naudi Active Member

I'm sad there seems to be no return of the berry-fed bovoch. Completely bummed.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Checking this now...
    Idaho Iksar likes this.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah I see it, will get this fixed. Seems to only have been on Iksar Female.
    Idaho Iksar likes this.
  11. Kikielle New Member

So, has anyone seen the Berry-Fed Bovoch yet? And also, I bought my flying matriarch on Saturday, it didn't have
    any glitches, and my friends and I could see her fine when we were riding them.
    I think they're adorable!
  12. Chiffon Active Member

I too have been patiently waiting for the Berry Fed Bovach to reappear. Please bring her back today!
    Koko, Kikielle and Naudi like this.
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes, where is Pinkie ? :)
  14. Windstalker Executive Producer

She'll make an appearance on the store today. A brief appearance.
    Naudi and Kikielle like this.
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

Happy to see her back! Sad to see her grounded. ='(
    Naudi likes this.
  16. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

OH ? no flying Pinkie ? thats what i was waiting for :(
    Naudi and Qixil like this.
  17. Chiffon Active Member

Thank you so much! Hell hath no fury like a Halfling throwing a hissy fit for a Berry-Fed Bovoch! She's appeased and running amok in Norrath, chasing rabbits.
  18. Layla Littlenymph Member

Considering my favorite SOE game was shut down yesterday, making the two pages full of mounts I had purchased or won there no longer usable, I am beginning to wonder at the advisability of investing in cosmetic items in a virtual world.

That said, I like both the ground and air version of this mount so much, I would still buy them if they were sold at a reasonable cost... which they are not.

I have seen it stated by more than one SOE employee, that SC sales of cosmetic items earns very little in the way of revenues, yet they continue to be sold at the same rate, and under the same terms. There is a reason that candy bars do not sell for $10.00 apiece. There are people out there that would continue to buy them, and the profit on each bar sold would be tremendous, but you would not sell enough of them to keep the factory open. For every product sold there is a price point at which that item not only sells best, but yields the greatest amount of profit. It is not really that difficult a concept to understand. Would you rather produce and sell 100 of an item for $19.95, or 1000 of the same item for $9.95?

After discussing this with a small group of around ten players that did NOT buy this mount, three of them confessed that they would have if it had been priced at $9.95, and would have been likely to have bought extras for alts as well. I am one of those that would likely have brought two of them. It's funny how someone will balk at paying $19.95, yet cough up $9.95 twice ($19.90), but that's human nature for ya. Feeling a little burned by my last SOE game, I simply will not purchase something that is priced beyond its value, and most every mount sold in this game is priced at least twice what it should be. I do not blame you in the least for trying to price items for the maximum that the market will bear, but you do not seem to understand how many players you have priced beyond their maximum.

I confess that I do not know much about this industry, but sales and marketing are subjects I have a fair grasp of. Slash your SC costs, and bring back SC card sales, and I will be shocked if your overall profits will not increase in this area. While I do not fault you for targeting the upper 20% of your customer base, just be aware that if you price and market to that group alone, that group alone will be left to carry the load in spending on fluff items. Don't you want my money also?
  19. Qixil Active Member

Yeah, at this point I won't get anything that can't fly, or at least be used as an appearance flier. Not to discredit the work that went into ground/leaper/glider mounts.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  20. Foretold Well-Known Member

The problem with your argument is that they produce ONE of these items, then virtually sell it at no further cost to them. Unlike candy bars, there is an infinite supply that never grows stale and never needs warehouse space. It has a never-ending virtual shelf life.

I've also invested RL money in virtual game products only to see the game shut down later. The way I rationalized it is that, at the time, the products increased my enjoyment of the game, so it was worth it to me. Nothing lasts forever, not even that trip to Europe I paid $10K for last year. I'm not in Europe any more, although I paid a ton of money to be there. Do I feel like it was money wasted? No way :D