Bring back Amazing reflexes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Darkshadows, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Darkshadows New Member

As the title says. Brigands were used mostly in raid because they could stay in and keep the mob debuffed. This is now not possible since amazing reflex does not work how it should and did work in every other expansion. Fix it please.
  2. Debilitate Member

100% agree, brigands virtually serve no purpose in a raid because every other class can debuff the mob enough to where dispatch doesnt do **** all, between other classes max health debuffs are capped and brigs are not needed, brigands dps isnt even close to other dps classes. So really the question is what purpose does this class even serve right now? The answer is it doesn't have a purpose other then to spec right prestige and give hate to people.
  3. Darkshadows New Member

Exactly. There definitely needs to be some significant changes in order to get the Brigand class back up to par with the others for not only in raids but also pvp.
  4. Chronus Active Member

First of all, Cornered + Dispatch TAB Double Up.

2nd of all, I'm relatively sure max health debuffs aren't capped, I remember hearing they cap at -50% max health which isn't even reachable so Change of Engagement is still pretty significant.
  5. Debilitate Member

Max health debuffs are capped at 30% but cool story bro, also cornered isnt a valid reason to put a brigand in raid for 1 aoe debuff, 1 ca doesnt make a class valid... Brigands still serve no purpose in a raid
  6. Baarbossa Active Member

I don't get how your saying our dps is low...brigs are t2 dps but we can put out nice dps. On a single target we can beat our swash counter parts easily.
  7. Darkshadows New Member

LOL if you can beat a swash that swash isn't playing there class right.
  8. Tekadeo Active Member

While I'm 100% agreed that Brig utility isn't very good at all, and our AoE avoids aren't 100% reliable, our DPS is fine where it is. Although it is kind of lonely being the only T2 DPS class anymore (Summoners are T1, Swash is T1 on AoE and T3 on singles).

And you can toss that LOL at the mirror if you can't beat a swash on single target mate.
  9. Baarbossa Active Member

Sadly i disagree...if you cant beat a swash on single target u cant play brig....swash do not hit as hard as we do on single targets period.
  10. acoloss Active Member

+1

and also, brigs can reduce HP by 30%?? seems a little OP for PvP
  11. Pippin Active Member

BG

Brigs absolutely muller me in the sense that debuff classes should but dont kill me in 2 seconds. If I dont have heals I will die in a few seconds. A strong swash right now do the muller bit AND kill me regardless of healer or not.

When I say healer I mean anything except a strong warding mystic. Once u got one of those on your side everything except a charged BL is not a concern.
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

A sin can rip through wards too.
  13. Delethen Active Member

Honestly brigands are going to kill you far faster than a swashbuckler i'd think. They're like swashbucklers on steroids, or something ;)
  14. Luanne Active Member

So you are saying that brigs bringing 10k+ physical debuff and 15+ magical debuffs to a raid isn't important? :p
  15. Pippin Active Member

Sorry Del u kill me faster than anyone but a charged BL or 2 or 3 Sins playing in my time zone.

I also readily accept a big part of that is that well without wanting to sound like a fan boi u play about the best swash Ive seen in BG.

Even then average swash is defo ahead on the kill stakes. Brigs though as support to make me useless are absolutely lethal. Much much worse though if Im on my healers, tank or mage. Then a Brig is just horrible. Im amazed people are crying they are worthless.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

this is not going to happen.. AR will never return to being 100% as it would render a lot of raid scripts futile (thought not all and really whats the point of that?).

what i did suggest and i think should be implemented is that AR should become a clicky ability that can be cast by the brig so that the brig can gain some sort of control over the ability's effectiveness.
  17. Debilitate Member

Amazing reflexes should atleast not be dispelled when you take damage in pvp, at the very least. And also safe house never should of been nerfed that needs to come back as well. Also i think brigands deserve a positional bypass on dance of metal because they nerfed all of your burst DPS on it. And walk the plank/black jack are the most buggy combat arts in the game, 60% of the time they dont work like they say they do.
  18. Debilitate Member

Are you insane? brigands can reduce max hp by 5.5% with 2 cas and u can spec heroic to get an extra 4% with change of engagement.
  19. acoloss Active Member

sorry i just ready this.. misinterpreted it :)
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

This is entirely false.