Brigands in Pvp

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Debilitate, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Debilitate Member

Brigands are singly the most squishy class in the game. They have 1 ability to keep themselfs out of harms way and it is almost not even noticeable( Beg for Mercy). The only strong side to brigands is deceit, dispatch, and being able to be AOE immune 90% of every fight. Brigands do however put out alot of single target spike DPS which you just nerfed by atleast 20-30%. Between DoM, poisoned blades, our interupt, and sunder equal atleast 50% of a brigands burn at any given time.

You have a couple options here, you can un nerf everything you just nerfed because honestly brigands are fine exactly where they are right now, or you can give us some sort of survivability to account for all the dps we just lost.
  2. acoloss Active Member

i can't understand that..

but in PvP they are fine
  3. Debilitate Member

They are fine as they are on real server, but the changes on test to them have rendered the class next to useless.
  4. Darkshadows New Member

Going to have to agree 100% here. A brig compared to a swash is just absurd. A brig only has limited single target burn in pvp once we've laid it all out that's it but a swash just keeps going. I mean every single class seems to have a heal now other then a Brig what's up with that?. Stop the nerfs in general to any class. Put every thing the way it was back in kos expansion. PvP was fine back then.
  5. Xeos Well-Known Member

No some classes such as the sin needed some toning down. I hope you do not attest to damage. The only brigs i have seen parse high and get a lot of kills in bgs are Elroz and my buddy Erevis. Not a personal attack bud, maybe you just need to respec to get some more damage.
  6. Debilitate Member

I destroy people on my brigand but i know what im doing and everyone that pvps is just bad now..... Brigands def didnt need a tone down they were fine where they were.
  7. Darkshadows New Member

Consider it a personal attack. Considering I've never heard of either of those brigs they must suck and every ones heard of me. gg. I top the parse for scouts in BGs as long as it's ganak or gears. The only other brig I've even noticed in BGs is Makira.
  8. Cynicisim Active Member

Never heard of you - must be on a non pvp server. Elroz I know and wish I did not..he ripes me apart and I consider him exceptional.
  9. Debilitate Member

Tbh i beat up elroz in 1v1s, he got me once i got him twice.
  10. Elroz New Member

two things :
    1st, I agree that brigs are probably one of the easiest classes to kill, especially in large fights. I also don't agree with any of the nerfs that are coming, the only reason i suggested 50% interrupt chance to our offensive stance was because it was going to be 0% before that. There's a good reason you don't see many pvp brigs and run into a ton of pvp swashbucklers right now. I feel that some of the rogue nerfs were meant more for swashbucklers and brigs are going to pay the same price.

2nd, it's true Debilitate beat me twice in 1 v 1's and I beat him once but this was because I did not use bagpipe solo.
    Xeos and Debilitate like this.
  11. Debilitate Member

Its true elroz has bagpipe solo on his brigand, iv seen it.
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

You have never once topped the parse when I was in a match with you, or even came close to 2nd... just saying. If you think brigs are underpowered you just might need to respec or come up with a better casting order? Sometimes calling for a nerf or buff is undue. For instance I knew very well that sins were OP thus the call for nerfs even though it is my main.
  13. Delethen Active Member

I'm curious, how can they possibly be more squishy than swashbucklers?
  14. Darkshadows New Member

I didn't even read one thing you said.
  15. Xeos Well-Known Member

Your loss, perhaps heeding my advice would yield better parses and more kills on your part.
  16. Luanne Active Member

Ha. Elroz is a beast :) He will kill you in 2 seconds. Brigs did need a little toning down but it's not the brig class it's procs like highwaymans and the last 2 ticks on dom, they hit it right on the head.
    I can guarantee 100% none of these changes will stop Elroz from putting you on the ground in a few seconds if he gets near you. Brigs are one of those class that you actually have to pay attention in pvp and you can't just charge in and spam attacks non stop. The reason why you don't think the class is OP is because there are not very many really good ones. Same thing with Illusionists. Do you know that illusionist is probably the most OP mage the whole game right now? bet you didn't know, they need to be fixed in a huge way, but the reason you don't know this is because there's only a couple good ones I've ever seen on nag or in bgs. Some classes actually do take skill to play (really!)

The difference between a good brig, enchanter or even a dirge, versus bad ones is night and day. Difference between a bad tank and a good one? Almost impossible to tell unless it's a guardian.