Brigand

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by mmmhmmm, Sep 6, 2017.

1. mmmhmmm New Member

Newb-ish brigand and this has probably been asked a million times. My apologies ahead of time.

One of my roommates plays a warden and we are just looking to duo more mobs than we already are. Should I go a more tank-y spec and sacrifice some dps? Or is there some sort of hybrid balanced spec I should be shooting for? Some mobs just seem to own me like the brutes in Wiz den for example. Gear is pretty decent: PG stuff, Ethereals, Expert. epic 2.0 Would I better off shooting for mit gear?

Shoot me a PM or something, any input appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Best thing to do, if you want advice, is to link your EQ2U character profile so people can look a little more in depth.
    mmmhmmm likes this.
  3. mmmhmmm New Member

Tried linking it--is Eq2u inaccessible again?

Solo stats

17 million HP
    421 resolve
    35k Potency
    4.3k CB
    19k mitigation
    100 ae auto
    100 flurry
    692 Dps
    291 ma
    1 mill + ab mob
    431 haste
    93 fervor
    Ascensions all adept +

Seems like I have plenty of firepower but those brutes man those brutes :( Dp's help some maybe I am just missing something with them. Like maybe something interruptible?

Going to try to add some more mit gear for the time being and see if that helps. Thanks for the response Dude. I will link my profile once I am able to.
  4. Cirvandal Active Member

Since all "Increases damage by x%" AA stuff is simply a tiny potency increase, spec everything in to the defensive buffs, such as defensive stance and main base avoidance ability. The big game changers are using defensive stance which loses you 5 fervor but gains you a lot of mitigation and other defensive stats. Pris de Fer AA and the Dance of Metal damage reduction AA. Alternate between the durations of DoM dmg reduction and Pris de Fer's duration. Wear fully max health/mitigation gear pieces (don't swap out high potency jewelry), before I quit I managed to get 43k potency, 30 mil health and 27k mitigation. A mercenary like Perrin is very nice as it group bolsters if you are lucky, 20% base attribute increase + 50% healing received increase. Kluuron works too. You can also get the mythical shield from AoM which is the best shield for scouts to increase defense further. Buying the base avoidance ability ancient gives a 6% base avoidance increase which is as much as a tank defensive stance offers (woah). Good luck :)
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

and what is the warden spec ?

you're 2 .. so both can work on stuff.

but one thing is to raise your HP ... I guess the PG forearms adorns could help. maybe if warden spec prestige left (maybe already does) can help too with survivability

and all specc stuff that make u avoid damage for a short while while still putting lots of dps. But yeah the brutes really hit hard
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

Cirv gave some great suggestions. I'd follow that advice.

The brutes hit hard. I believe it's generally a first hit for each of them that is the really tough one. So, you might already be doing this but in addition to Pris de Fer and DoM your friend could be using his damage prevents such as cyclone and infuriating thorns. Sandstorm also pushes the group avoidance way up assuming he has chosen the focus ability for it. If you are running as a duo and continue to have problems, I wonder if the warden could charm one of the brutes. You could experiment with it to see if it works. No idea if they are charmable.
  7. Fairin Active Member

theres no reason in this expac to play as a glass cannon. theres no real dps loss picking tanky AA's in the 350 tree

if your having issues with normal heroics then i'd say.. put on yer friggin ward ffs.

if its expert your having issues with. - wizard den brutes and whatnot. definitely have some defensives rolling for their initial brute swipes. pulling all 12 of them can sometimes make me press my heal button.... sometimes...
  8. mmmhmmm New Member

My apologies I should have updated this sooner. I didn't mean to get you worked into a borderline aneurysm. Goodness gracious.

Duoed all the regualr heroics with nothing more than a couple things from the warden. Duoed all the regular expert sans 1, and got all but 2 expert event heroics. Thanks for the advice Fairin, couldn't have did it without you--err wait yeh we did.
    Dude likes this.