Brigand Balance Request

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Perciful, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

I am legitimately impressed. I have never seen anyone misunderstand game mechanics so thoroughly. Lets unpack this.

First off, the percentage max health buffs don't exist anymore. They haven't for years. They were all changed to percentage damage taken several years ago. Secondly, that's gotta be the grossest misconception I have ever seen. That is not how max health percentage debuffs work, have ever worked or ever will work. I have to wonder where your confidence comes from though, that's some very deep theorycrafting for how wrong it is.
    Dude and Adoninilol like this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Here is how it works. Say you have a mob with 1000 total HP. Applying a 10% HP debuff will reduce the mob's HP to 900 points of health for the duration of the buff.

Now say your raid force inflicts 100 points of damage to this boss, making it's HP 800/900. At this point the boss will have 88.8% HP. Let's assume that at this point of the fight the 10% HP debuff wears and you don't re-apply it. What will happen is this:

The mob's maximum health will be readjusted to 1000. Since the mob is at 88.8% HP it will have 888/1000 health points.

At this point if your raid continues to burn the mob down and kills it without applying the HP debuff again, you will have inflicted a total of 988 points of damage (888+ the initial 100 damage) to a boss that has 1000. Effectively burning 12 less health points.

If your raid maintains the 10% hp debuff from start to finish without letting it wear off. You will need to inflict 900 points of damage to a boss that has 1000 health points. Effectively burning 100 less health points.

In short in order to burn 10% less hp of a mob using hp debuffs, that 10% has to be applied on pull and maintained through out the fight. Hope this helps.

Here Obano, how max hp debuffs used to work. Now they're incoming damage multipliers. How do you think anyone will ever take your tears on bruisers seriously when you don't even understand basic game mechanics?
    Karsa and Snikkety like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

See my above post, that about sums up how it used to work. But it's been a few years.
  4. Nein Member

A brigand in a raid keeps the coffers paid with their debuffs...

BUT BRUISERS DON'T HAVE THOSE THINGS, HERE'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH BRUISERS AND HOW TO FIX THEM, READ MY DOCUMENT!
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

[IMG]

come on man, do the math. I believe in you.
    Karsa, Prox, Perciful and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nein Member

THAT IS 10.4%
    Karsa and Prox like this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

WOAH DUDE SPOILERS
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This math can even be done by a guild lead by elamite, crazy bros.
    Karsa and Snikkety like this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

I stand corrected then. It is good that you finally explained your reasoning as it does help. If I am legitimately wrong then I want to be corrected. However, getting a straight answer around here is like pulling teeth.

These aren't "basic game mechanics" but hidden mechanics and trade secrets not widely known among the general player base. If these things were common knowledge then Brigs would be in very high demand. The information shared in this thread will help dozens if not hundreds of players.

So I thank you for sharing your knowledge.
    Perciful likes this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

If you literally just read the ability it says "Increases damage done to target by blank." People are aware of what brigands do. What people aren't aware of is how important 10% more damage done to a target actually is. It seems like a small number to people, especially when there is an easy "double your dps" button by betraying, but the overall contributed DPS of a brigand is higher than a swash. That is what we're getting at.
  11. Perciful Active Member

Thanks all for the discussion and knowledge share... I am learning something. I have to agree with Obano concerning his statement that these are hidden mechanics and trade secrets. This thread is leading me to seriously re-look cast order and play-style.....BUT, I would not have reached that conclusion without posting in this forum and receiving feedback. The game mechanic should not be that difficult to decipher.
    Obano and Dude like this.
  12. Perciful Active Member

With above being said, I do not want to lose original intent of the thread. If 10.4% increase to damage is an acceptable debuff (maybe more?), then would an acceptable alternative be to roll that damage increase into “Dispatch”? Make “Dispatch” class defining Combat Art it once was?
    Obano likes this.
  13. Redlight Well-Known Member

Change of Engagement and Will to Survive are also available to swash. The unique 2.5% a brig offers is pretty irrelevant given that incoming damage % debuffs cap at 50% per target. This, because of the Anguish procs along with all the other % debuffs in the game. Capping the 50% is easy, hence, brigand is weak atm if you compare it the swash who gives raidwide fervor a third of the time, along with insane ab doublecast groupwide, which can be reset with brew of readiness to be up the first 2 minutes of a fight. The amount of swash util is comparable to util classes atm, and their dps is comparable to how brig dps should be.
    Perciful and Obano like this.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No.

Only Change of Engagement is available to swash.

And those anguish procs won't always be up. I would never build my raid around relying on those procs.
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Anguish procs have such a low duration on them. They also rely on you being on the same target the whole time. In comparison to Brig debuffs with 1:20 duration on Debilitate, and 1:08 on Will to Survive.

To not run a brig would be silly overall, but can understand there being a lack of brigs around if all the old swashies who swapped to be relevant, swapped back to their original classes.
    Perciful and Snikkety like this.
  16. Melt Actually plays the game

How often is your fervor uncapped in raid? I always sit around 400, only fluctuates with overcap, which isn't always up.
  17. Prox Well-Known Member

Brigs still rock the raid force . I feel wasted , not raiding anymore .
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Myrkul New Member

quick question.. you said ALL max health debuffs had been changed to "increase damage % done to target" debuffs, correct?

but they haven't. Defiler's Abomination, and I assume the mystic's version of this have not been changed.

[IMG]

so my question is.. what's up with that?
    [IMG]
  19. Myrkul New Member

Also, how does Change of Engagement work? I've been trying to figure it out, but haven't done the experiments yet.

It looks like Distracting Disarm debuffs stats by 310 for 50 seconds.. which is a throwaway debuff, unless i'm missing something.

and then for 50 seconds it applies Swift Puncture. So for at least the first 50 seconds of a fight, you won't get that 4%, correct? And you must be behind the mob 52 seconds after you hit Change of Engagement to get that debuff to fire, correct? or is it that you must be behind the mob when you cast it for it to fire on termination?
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

The way it functions is that the two effects are separate and location dependent. If you are in front of the mob, it applies Distracting Disarm. If you are behind the mob, it applies Swift Puncture.