Brig Vs Swash noob questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Karaoke, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Karaoke Member

So I heard that Brig and Swash are actually able to tank group level content and I was curious if they do this well enough? My wife is going to play a healer (she likes fury currently). I like to tank but don't really want to play a tank role at raids but would enjoy it in groups a lot. Prefer to dps at raids.

Could someone break down the main differences between the two. I know swash is aoe and brig debuffs but outside of that, how are the rotations for each? How much better is brig at tanking in groups compared to swash. How drastic is the dps difference between the two? How is aggro for large packs with both? I like the flexibility of the class. But I also dont want to have a 27 button rotation. Also which of the two uses stealth more in their rotation? Love to hear from those that play them as tank/dps/ect.

Thanks
  2. Jupiter Member

Rogues can tank group content but they're generally harder to heal and have less tools to deal with difficult situations (adds, etc.). But a good player can make it work. They both have AAs that let them spec more for tanking, however a swash is going to be much better at controlling larger groups because of their 3 blue AOEs and Hurricane.

As far as differences between the two besides AOE vs single-target, swashies mostly debuff incoming damage, brigs debuff for outgoing damage (although swash has the best combat mit debuff in the game).

Neither brig nor swash has a lot of stealth attacks. I haven't played a brig in a while but my swash only has one.

A good swash or brig will generally always be near the top of the parse on a raid.

If you don't want to have a large button-rotation, don't play a scout. A good scout will rotate through ~20 combat arts plus temp buffs. If a small button rotation is your thing, play a caster.
  3. Bad3ck New Member

Hi,play a swash if you want to tank heroic. the reason is you will never be able to hold aggro whit a brig in heroic cause you need to pull pack of like 5mobs+ otherwise it will be wayy too slow. swash is great for tanking if your good enought no one will take aggro from you cause you will do 8K+ dps in every fight.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you want to tank Heroics, play a tank. If you want to play a scout DPS, play a Rogue.
    If a group is looking for a tank, they won't bring a Rogue instead.

Most classes can solo/duo CoV, OoB, Acada, and KoS dungeons. You don't need a tank to do dungeons.

Swashy does have more AoE than a Brig
    Swashy debuffs the damage output of a mob
    Swashy debuffs combat mit, which is a big deal for raids
    Brig debuffs defense / mitigation of mobs so they take more damage
    Brigs do about 2/3rds the damage of Swashys