Brig DPS

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Bautch98, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Bautch98 New Member

Ok guys, what are your thoughts on the current state of the Brig class? I still feel like it's not used correctly as it's intended. I always pictured the class as the go to debuff class You join up, debuff the ish out of everything and groupwide/raidwide dps spikes up considerably. It doesn't feel that way. Our debuffs feel insignificant and we dont offer much/any utility. When I hit dispatch and my other big mit debuffs, the raidwide DPS 'SHOULD' spike upwards....I dont see it doing that.

The damage from our CA"s is lolzwurthy as they are pretty much all 1% or less on my parse. Should we be parsing higher? I know it's early in the expac, gear sucks atm, stats are not optimal but man.... my dps just feels lackluster. Anyone else? Even my auto attack at 8k dps mod, 2k ma, and around 1200wdb still doesnt net much considerable dps although one of if not THE highest parsing item on the list.

For the record i have over 163k pot and 7k cb, so it's not horrid....and my gear sucks.
    Stibbie likes this.
  2. Kashue Member

This is the first xpac in a while that I decided to fire up the Brig and yes, i also feel that our DPS is very understated. Of course, i have not raided this xpac, so i don't have that particular experience, however i have noticed that when i'm hitting the Brig's main debuffs, i see no increase in overall group DPS... no spike like i used to remember a while ago when Dispatch was king. I hear the Swash is in a good place this xpac, but i really don't want to betray because i really like the Brig... (and also, i would have to reside in that goody goody 2shoes Qeynos instead of the mighty Freeport!!)

What is your Fervor at Bautch? Mine is only 273, so maybe that is why my DPS stinks... Also, i'd love to have 1200wbd, but from what you describe, even that doesn't help our deeps too much :mad:
    Bautch98 likes this.
  3. Bautch98 New Member

My toon is Dizpatched on Thurgadin. He hovers around 350 fervor solo. I just want there to be a reason to play this toon. It has been my favorite for a very long time. I've raided hardcore with a Pally and Illy previously and this one is by far the most enjoyable. Dispatch used to be king, now it's just another proc attack. There is no group utility and no hate transfer. I get nearly 0 dps from my CA's in the overall parse compared to ascensions and daggerstorm of course. Proc's from my offensive stance seem to do the most and my hardest hitter seems to be evade lol.

We need a reason to use the toon. Whether to debuff, dps, or provide utilty, right now......we bring none of those. I second the not wanting to betray sentiment...
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Every raid should have 1 brigand. The biggest problem is you can't really track what a Brig brings to raid via ACT.

Hp Debuffs, or whatever they are now described as (% damage increases?) are hard to really see in reality.

Unless everybody in this expac is rocking an item that debuffs mobs damage taken, brigs should still be highly valuable.

I do feel like Brigs could use something to make them more popular in the view of the wider community though. Brigs are currently a generic debuff bot.

P.S - I miss you Diz
    Prox likes this.
  5. Bautch98 New Member

Dang it Errroroorororoororrrrrr - stop sunshining on my pity party! I want moar DPS or utility! But seriously. Man, our CA"s are just garbage for overall dps. I can't tell you the last time I used the group smuggle, change it to a group deaggro or something....just something....anything!!!!
  6. Prox Well-Known Member

I am happier with my dps now then I was when I returned to find ascensions two years ago .....lol. I left for about 3 years came back and had to relearn the game. We certainly need some love to our debuffs.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Leafkiller New Member

Brigand DPS is much much better this expansion,and with Ascensions de-emphasized its a bit back to old school mechanics. Make sure you CAs are updated and your runes are new, since the old spells aren't being buffed properly by the new runes, and the new runes don't buff the old spells. The old runes don't work at all.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You know I said this in another thread and people think those 0.7% incoming rng proc weapons vs 10% flat incoming is better. It's kind of insane the people who endgame raid now understand about eq2.

Anyways, brig is basically the top parser in game right now, and have been since like 2011.

/thread