Bria's Inspiring Ballad 6 vs. 7

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Baccalarium, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Baccalarium Guest

My dirge just dinged 89 the other night, and was happy to know he already had a lvl 89 master in his bag for the power regen song. Scribed, it and started singing and was dissappointed.
    Bria's 6 regens for 65.3+20.9(battle drums)+20.9 (Drum of the Isle from Kerran solo quest line reward)
    But the "upgrade"
    Bria's 7 regens for 85 and appears unmodified by the bonuses. I tried taking the items off and back on after scribing the spell but it seems that they just aren't going to have an effect.
    I suppose I could be happy that I can get 85 regen and still have my charm slots available for dps gear. But somehow thats just not that satisfying. I might even beleive an argument that the battle drums are old tier and thus can't modify the new tier spell, but that still wouldn't explain the kerra isle item that came from this tier not having its described bonus effect.
    Is this "working as intended"?
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Baccalarium wrote:
    Your one of the few bards that will run the power song, none of the ones on my server seem to want to. "That's the 'chanters' job" is what i hear.
    Although the kerra isle item not working sure sounds like a bug.
  3. ARCHIVED-hispania Guest

No, Kerra isle drum only works with BSB VI. It's not a bug.
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Cantor@Nagafen wrote:
    I wouldn't have noticed that since I have BSB VI (Master) and the BSBVII (Expert) gives less regen than the previous tier master so I won't upgrade til i find the master. Which may be never.
  5. ARCHIVED-Darkelfelin Guest

Baccalarium wrote:
    That completely sucks but yes, it seems to be as intended.

I would love to see an item boosting Power song VII, as most dirges I nearly never run that buff but sometimes my group in raid just NEEDS it so I do... Yes mana regen is chanty's job but guess what? Sometimes you dont have as many chanters as you'd want and not everyone has access to interesting power procs.