Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the commotion of rowdy revelers located near every player city, and they’ll lead you to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside you’ll find plenty of holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar, including Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis, who’s looking for some help assembling an altar for the Duke of Below.

Of course, the festivities aren’t just limited to The Bar of Brell, as there are spirited celebrations and opportunities to raise a stein to Brell across Norrath, including Antonica, Kaladim, Loping Plains, Butcherblock Mountains, Enchanted Lands, and Thundering Steppes!

And for those who plan on celebrating by patronizing as many of Norrath’s drinking holes as one can, this Brewday, keep an eye out for different drinks and bar bites to collect along the way.

New Features for '22!
    Special Rules Servers:
    • Tarinax, Kaladim, and Kael Drakkel servers - The entire event is active!
    Live servers:
    • 12 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XIII" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Returning special event items can be purchased from Digret Runebrand in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • Brewday Bar Bites
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Digret Runebrand in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IX
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft X
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft XII
      • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Steinmaster Borric, a cleric of Serilis in the Bar of Brell
        • Altar Addition - Grikbar Prayer Necklace
        • Altar Addition - Umbrite Icon of Brell
        • Altar Addition - Deep Muse Prayers
        • Altar Addition: Sabertooth Runic Totem
        • Altar Addition - Terrok Chant Stone
    • Returning quests:
      • "Yours, Stein, and Ours" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale in a Day’s Work" - Repeatable every year
      • "Pressed into the Brewcrew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • "Thurgadin Ice Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Black Swill for Blackswell" - NOT repeatable
      • "Deep Within Hammerhall" - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" – Repeatable
    Any feedback submitted after 03/06/2022 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 03/10/2022 at 12:01am PST through 03/23/2022 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
    Siren, Jinksie, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

It's a little event crazy right now on Test, but after Erollisi Day is deactivated tonight we'll be down to two events (Chronoportals and Brewday), and they don't have anything that conflicts with one another.

Thankfully, the live servers won't experience Brewday and Erollisi Day overlapping.

~ Kaitheel
    Siren, Finora, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Living Rootball Taunt action is hard to discern. All other new merchant and crafted items are good.
  4. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Glug glug!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well, the love goddess got kicked out, so we only have 2 festivals at the same time, at this point.
    And all that time travel makes thirsty.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Hopping onto Brew Day now. I don't drink in real life, so this is my chance. :p
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Hehe, I loved how you're trying to explain to the little panda what Brew Day is all about, and that it's not all about drinking.
    In the end you have to admit that that celebration is mostly about drinking alcohol.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And cooking! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes, Uwkete and making some nice furniture and cloths too, but what you tell the panda is that it's really pretty much about drinking beer and booze.
    Like this year we get to make a tea set, with lots of green color, for green tea, I am sure.
    and I love, love, love those, Pretzels.

that Kobold bed is so funny, I think my puppy would love it (as long as it was defleaed).
    And THANKE YOU for that kilt, I always wanted one, the whole outfit is just divine.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Brewday is the easiest holiday to amass tokens super quickly, and I love it.

Mount or plushie or housepet idea for next year: since this is a drunk-fest, how about a piggy-back rider? Like a goblin carrying another goblin piggy-back. Or you're getting "bounced" on the ogre bouncers shoulders (would have to be a ground mount, but the sitting is the same as on a horse. *eyes ttobey*)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Kasa Well-Known Member

I don't know if this matters but a FYI Blueprint is not working with recipes Mechanized Thurgadin Distillery or Super Mechanized Thurgadin Distillery.
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

suggestion for brew day: add a way here to get a bartender teleport thingy, like the old lon stein of somethingsomething
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Hartay like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh; if they can have pterodactyls carrying people around, why not? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We were just yakking about that in chat not too long ago; either a house item or an entire prestige "Holiday House! :D" where we could right-click and use it to get into special holiday places like the Bar of Brell, the Frostfell Village, the Moonlight Grotto of our choice, fast track directly to Gnomeland Security for Tinkerfest, etc. In the House, each "room" could be a different holiday portal, complete with "set decorations" or appropriately colored walls or whatever. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Oh, I just had an idea for an item for next year, I love the new Scottish outfit (could really also be Irish) why don't we get a backpack that disguises itself as some bagpipes?

And while we are at it a Hagis as a secondary weapon.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eww! :D Area of Effect; splatters all within a certain radius... ;)

And yeah, bagpipes would be awesome; I have many Bard toons... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Just went out on Tarinax to do some Brew Day quests, only to find out that a very important quest can't be done.
    Because we don't have " Rise of Kunark" yet the following quests cannot be done.
    Ale Goggles by Gilin, this is a key quest to obtain the improved Ale Goggles.
    Without the Goggles we cannot see the bushes to harvest,
    Valla Brewhammer's special Brew can also not be achieved.
    But for me not being able to harvest is the biggest disappointment. :(

Another quest that cannot be done is, Ale in a Day's Work, because we lack the expansion "A Shadow Odyssey"
    The quests given by Oldar Foambeard also cannot be finished, Black Swill for Blackswell is another quest not doable for Tarinax.
    That leaves very little of the festival to us on Tarinax , I guess better than only a merchant.

The good news is, buying the recipes is still a good idea, because on Aprill the first all harvestables will grow on bushes in Enchanted Land .
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? Hmm...I thought the Ale Goggles thing was way before RoK? :-/

Or I could be misremembering... :-/

Uwk
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Uwkete for the Ale Goggle quest you have to visit 2 lovely ladies in "Timorious Deep, and that zone is part of "Rise of Kunark".
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...got it. :(

I thought Kaitheel said all the quests would be available? :(

Uwk