Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or didn't we have a Bar of Brell by/in Neriak once upon a time? Seems kind of odd to have that not present; they could put it where they have the City Festival. ;->

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another question: there's a quest item, Gilin's Ale Goggles, that are required for the Ale Goggles quest (i.e., you peer at the ladies through the goggles, then take them off...understandable that they're in the head slot item, but it's still annoying swapping out the helmet for 'em back and forth; would like it if they could be like Charm (Optional) or something; good thing we're not in any areas where we'd have to worry about getting attacked ;->). Was it "fixed" eventually so that they'd disappear at the successful end of the quest and be replaced with the permanent Improved Ale Goggles? Because I've done the quest multiple times back in the old days, and I still have the "beginner" goggles (Gilin's). They're supposed to be No-Trade and that's it, but I've had lots of No-Trade items I could sell to the NPC merchants (such as old quest reward armor, weapons, etc.), and this one isn't even showing up on their list of things to sell to them. Should I just go ahead and Destroy them?

Uwk
    Moonpanther and Kuulei like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Re: the Enchanted Lands, at least for the Minotaur Brew part of the Beers for Brell! quest, the best way I've found to get there is to take the travel horse as if you're going up to Goblin Pass Station. The stupid minotaur is on the way up there. Timing's crucial, but if you jump off the travel horse and aim well, you can land right under the moo-cow's chin. Right-click to tip him, grab the Brew, and get the heck out of Dodge any way you can. I successfully Stealthed past all the goblins about 5 minutes ago, literally, and they were all orange to that toon...scary! ;->

Fortunately, there weren't any Goblin Scouts around who'd see through my Stealth (is that your doing, Kaitheel? If so, THANK YOU!! ;->); I think I could've outrun them on my mount, though, even if that did happen. Anyone without Stealth could try just outrunning; if worst comes to worst, as long as you've gotten credit for the Brew, I find swallowing my pride and some silver for repairs isn't too steep. ;->

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the Snoogle's Special Flask...is there any way to make it actually last the full time? Usually, the last 30 seconds have always been useless; you can't see the cabbage, or any of the critters, but you're still blundering around drunk for half a minute. :-/

Uwk
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am surprised there is only one simple new quest
    can we get a different reward if we do it more often or do I have to use all those rock blocks to build a jail for the devs ?;)
    during frost fell when you did the candy cone quest something like 3 or 4 times you got a different or additional reward .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they used to have an entrance in dark light woods yes but its not put up anymore because part of the time the city festival takes place at the same time so there is a problem with placing the barrel
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Some of the goblins are having problems with failing to aggro even when you're standing right on top of them. I suspect they're just having issues with the terrain, but one example was at 34.98 -1.54 -554.07 Another was at 23.51 -1.36 -627.44 Yet another at 49.36 3.46 -658.45
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'oh! Good point. :-/

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! After running all 11 of my Test toons through the various quests for the Drunk Level: Dwarf (Ale Goggles, Brell's Everlasting Brew, Deep Within Hammerfall, Snoogle's Presentation, Thurgadin Ice Brew), or at least checking on what they have according to the evidence provided by the house items, recipes, etc. I've already got, it looks like 7 of my characters won't be getting credit for that achievement without re-doing all 5 of those quests...and some, if not most, are quite time-consuming (fortunately, the monsters surrounding the approach to Deep Within Hammerfall, for example, are grey for those characters, which helps). Also fortunately, all those old fart characters that DID those quests before the Achievement Points became a thing all have credit for the ultimate achievement: Festive Spirit. And if the Achievement Points actually did something, like being tradeable for valuable prizes or whatever, I guess I'd be more irked, but still... :-/

There's a fault in the system, and it's annoying having characters needing to "pay" for it. :-/

My suggestion? Give us credit for having done even recurring quests at least once: we do 'em once, they show up as done, including in the Completed Quests area (something they didn't always do in the old days). We do 'em 87 times before the holiday's over, it shows up as done once (unless, of course, there's achievements for doing them X amount of times, for example).

Uwk
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I would pay cash for an alternate drunk effect besides that eye-searing quad blur. I always liked the one from EQ, where perspective went completely out of whack. Something would look far away, but take one step and OH HAI YOU'RE CLOSE! The swaying while walking made doorways interesting, though I'm guessing it gives some people motion sickness.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Different drunks! ;)

Uwk
  12. Mophia Active Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this problem, but as it is needed for the Brewday quest Thugadin Ice Brew, I'm mentioning it here.
    I've been doing this quest on different chars most of the week now, and I've been finding that the Skystrider airship keeps getting stuck. Sometimes it's stuck in Sinking Sands, othertimes in Moors, but it's definitely having problems zoning between the two.
    I've been on it a few times and got a few different messages, Zone unavailable, unable to access zone, things like that. And then it returns to the docks, and tries again. Once I got fed up, after 3 attempts, went down and used bell, and then as I'm about to zone to Antonica, after getting the armour, the ship arrives at Moors!!!!!!

I think a fix for this before Brewday goes live would be wise, as I'm sure I'm not the only one using the ship as the quickest way between Sands and Moors for this quest.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to any new folks, but the ship's been pretty much broken since the Travel Bells went in...I miss the fun of it, too, as well as the convenience, especially from Sinking Sands (if they're going to make the Sky Skiff inoperable, you'd think the Gnomes would ask for a Bell up there; at least, if you have any kind of "parachute" [do Valla Brewhammer's quest! ;->] or Slow Fall, you can avoid the cobras by the monkey pit and dash over to the cliff edge above the caiman hunter's camp and jump...then run back to the Bell by the shore, avoiding the caimans, the Giant ghost, the...you get the idea. :-/

Uwk
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The major ship issues **on Test** is because of the low population. Often, the zone you're heading to isn't up, and it takes extra time to wake it up so you can zone in, which mucks all of the timing up. (It is the same reason you often take longer to zone on Test, because it isn't loading you into an existing zone, but having to wake everything up first.)

Now, back to actual Brewday stuff. The new quest in EL for Maisy is no longer immediately repeatable, which is going to upset folks trying to get more of the blocks. Can it still be repeated? If so, how often?
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Here you go mum!

16. Kaitheel Developer

I've got one last change coming in time for the event's activation on live:
    • Bog Mountain's Eruption - Now awards 2 Goblish Stone Blocks or 10 Beer Tokens
    Thank you all for your help testing this event!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Durh, totally missed that post. Thanks! And now with more block/token love! /cheers
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Sweet! Thanks for the increase, Kaitheel!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just finished reading the latest Denmum story on www.EQ2Traders.com...

Oh, no! :eek::( I hate it when that happens... X-/

/hugs...gently

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kaitheel! Kick the European gophers into high gear, please; they're not getting Brewday turned on yet! :(

Uwk