Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Hmm... I've got to look at the art files and see what I can do about these issues. Thanks for the info!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

I thought that was taken care of last year!? I could swear I had to remove the big eyes from around the minotaur due to the entrance to Runneyeye and the halfling horse station nearby. No?

~ Kaitheel
    Mophia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

No.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! Can you please provide the exact location where one remains that is still an issue for you?

~ Kaitheel
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I've never actually had any issues doing the Minotaur Brew bit, even on my really low levels. The problems I currently see really are with agro mobs spawning on the only safe way for a low level to get back there and agro mobs hiding under the world.

I'll have to hop back on tonight so I can poke at it a bit more. I think I'll mentor one of mine down to like level 5 just to see how that pans out =).
  6. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Well... I am hit with the Whiteout bug. So I can't go back and get it. But I can when I get back in.

WTB Mystery Patch Notes 20k plat. or Rollback PTS...
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

The Top hats (most of them) on Aerakyn (I guess males, I never tested females) are just invisible. It's not just the new brewday one, it's all of them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can! /raising_paw

Though, I must admit, I'm usually on at odd hours...PM me with your schedule! I've got a couple of 60s+ on Test. :)

Uwk
    Mophia likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Mophia likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I still have a level 27 on Test (relatively new Aerakyn kid); I can double-check, too. :)

Uwk
    Mophia likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True; once you get to the minotaur, though I've always had to rush a bit with my lowbees (get out of whatever Stealth I could get, talk to the dork, F to tip him, F to sloooooooowly get the Brew from him, get the heck out of Dodge before the mobs got me), it's relatively kill-the-lowbee-free. ;->

Of course, once I get credit for the Brew, it doesn't matter if I get killed or not, at least I've got it. It's getting there that's a major hassle; the horse ride from the village usually let me off right under the nose--or whatever--of a roving eye thing. And frequently, they'd see (ha!) right through any Stealth or Invis anyway. :-/

Uwk
    Mophia likes this.
  12. Mophia Active Member

I usually jump off the horse just as I see minotaur, so I get quite close, but can get killed before I get the brew, if an odd roving eye is too close. The next hard part after getting the brew is to get to that horse to get away from area.

Just tried getting from the Rummage area to the bog mountain area to do the new quest on my level 15 aerakyn sin. Died pretty fast. A lot of 35 mobs between Rummage and Bog Mountain, a lot non aggro, but the aggro are well hidden, so they kill you as you see them.
  13. Mophia Active Member

BTW, the only really annoying bit of Brewday for a totally new lowbie char, is!!!!

The Blackburrow Brewery for the Beers for Brell, that is the only part where a lowbie has to ask for help. It is the only sour note in an otherwise top rated event.

That is just a comment, I'm sure it has been said before, but for the odd (very odd) player who hates asking for help, and wants to solo everything (and I'm sure there are a few floating around) it's the only part that is almost un-doable on a low level char (below level 20).
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/raising_paw ;->

I almost always solo, unless any of my guild peeps are around, but yeah, that one's a major pain for a lowbee (forced grouping = major stinkage). Doesn't help that it takes relatively forever to get the thing "harvested" while many of the dogs are busy kicking your butt and "Interrupting!" you, so you have to try and start over again, even if you can get in there with Stealth/Invis/potion/etc. (not the Totems; the only ones that help there, you have to be level 30, by which point the dogs are grey to you anyway) in the first place. :-/

I think something that would help all these immensely is: you click on it, hit F, and boom, it's in your bags, or in your "counted" tally, or whatever instantly; why do we have to treat it like a shrub? :-/

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Another bug, IMHO: I know we've gone round and round on this for things like Erollisi Day and many other holidays, but it's particularly glaring with Brewday...if we're trying to get an achievement like Drunk Level: Dwarf and the only quests that count for that are the repeatable ones, but they don't show up on the list, do we have to keep trying to get the achievement year after year after year? Because unlike with Erollisi Day, the repeatable Brewday quests don't seem to show up on the major Completed Quests list, either...unless we have items from those quests, it's difficult to keep track when the game itself doesn't help. :-/

Uwk
    hoping someone will correct either the info presented, or the game policy ;->

EDIT: ah, okay, my bad; was first looking at a lazy Test toon; another one that did get credit, does have them listed, in both places...though the "lazy one" has items from those quests, but no credit for them anywhere? sounds like a bug on that one? For instance: he's got pairs and pairs of Ale Goggles, the end result ones, and has the Carpet of Clover from Valla's quest, which you can only do once you've finished the Ale Goggles quest. Yet, he has no credit for the Ale Goggles quest (he does for Valla's, since it's not repeatable). He's got items from Snoogle's quest without getting any credit for having done it ever, the Thurgadin Ice Brew, etc. :-/

It's not the relative ages of the toons, either; each of the examples (credit/no-credit dudes) were created within a week of each other back in 2008. :-/

I'll check on the others and see how they're faring...brb. ;->
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Covic says he fixed it. I am not sure when that fix will make it to Test or live servers though.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

The following change is also headed your way, though I am not sure when it will arrive on Test or live:

• Briarwood keg door - The preview and placement defaults to facing correctly.
    This change also makes it open towards you.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! Keeping our fingers crossed! :)

Uwk
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I tried doing the quest where you have to go downstairs to find out what is making noise. I went all of the way down to the basement bar and tried to help the bartender. By the time I'd done 4 of the five rounds needed I was so sick to my stomach, and had a nasty headache, that I had to stop. An hour later, I'm still not back to normal as I think the quadruple vision caused eye strain. I think you need to tone that quest down so others don't end up barfing and/or straining their eyes.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Basically, that's what being drunk is in the game. Yeah, it's really obnoxious; I hate it, and I think there's a very few limited potions and stuff that clears that up, but I think you're supposed to do the quest drunk (which explains, I guess, why so few of my toons have ever done it), so I don't think the usual potions work. :-/

Plus, if I recall correctly, it's timed, so if you can't get all of them done in time, you have to start all over again. Very frustrating. :-/

Uwk