Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2015

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside, grab a stein and celebrate Brewday with the holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar. But don't let the celebration stop there, the ale keeps flowing throughout the bars and drinking holes of Norrath this Brewday! Otengard Brauer's Beer Garden in the Butcherblock Mountains seems to have attracted some unwanted patrons, and there's news of goblins stirring trouble in the Enchanted Lands, too!

New Features for '15!
    • 7 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell
    • New Quest - Bog Mountain's Eruption
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Brewday Festival achievements
    • Special event items can be purchased from Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Brews of Norrath holiday collection found at different bars and drinking holes throughout Norrath.
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
    • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
    • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
    • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
    • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
    • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
    • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
    • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
    • “Thurgadin Ice Brew” - Repeatable every year
    • “Black Swill for Blackswell” - NOT repeatable
    • “Deep Within Hammerhall” - Repeatable every year
    • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
    • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" - Repeatable
      • Added "Fireworks: Brewday Confetti" new reward choice to Enormous Prize reward choices
    This event content is currently set to run 03/05/2015 at 12:01am PST through 03/16/2015 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It definitely feels odd seeing both E-Day and Brewday running at the same time, but that'll clea up in a few hours.

Is the "a halfling pony" that is standing next to Maisy Sweetbread in EL supposed to give low level players a ride to the Bog Mountain area, or is the placement purely coincidental? (He doesn't offer a ride now, just wondering if he "should" or not)
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Briarwood keg door, nigglies. The preview and placement defaults to you staring at the back of the door, rather than the front.

Not really a bug, more of a pet peeve - The door also opens inwards (counter-clockwise, which is inwards if you are standing in front of the home, opening the door to enter), which means that if you're using it on a Vale home or such, it'd tend to collide more with furniture than it would if it opened outwards
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think that might be what you take up to Runnyeye for that one quest...ah, Rummage for Answers (I actually don't know, having never done it yet)? I think you can also catch it on the way out, too, to get you back to the Village. ;->

Uwk
    Mophia likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Brewday Top Hat - did a cross-server link of this and there are reports of issues with a male aerakyn (it made him bald, but didn't display the hat). Guess I need to find room for both male and female aerakyn on Test to start checking these for myself.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I tried it on the female and it shows, so just affecting the male.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I /bugged this back when Aerakyn were first introduced. Of all the top hats only one worked (think it was the leather one).
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, it doesn't show the hat or the hair, just nothing? What about the horns, if any were selected for the male?

Uwk
  9. Mophia Active Member

Ok, the halfing pony not giving my char a ride. I only have the new quest, not the rummage one. The pony is just standing there, doing nothing except offering hail option, which does nothing.

As a lower level char (24 fury), I will probably get killed heading to the quest area.
  10. Mophia Active Member

Ok, the ordinary horse took me to goblin pass, which was inside the designated area for the new quest. However, there are red aggro mobs all around, so I managed to get 3 of the kills needed before getting killed by the aggro mobs. Please provide a mount to a safer area with the required mobs, as as this stands, it is a bit too dangerous for chars under EL's level.
  11. Mophia Active Member

Ok, a little bit safer to take horse to Chomper's Pond, and head into zone from that side for lower levels, only the roving big eyes to watch out for there. Now up to 8/12.
  12. Mophia Active Member

ok after another two attempts, and 2 more deaths, and only up to 10/12.

You need to make a safer area, and provide a mount to it for those under level 35. If not the giant roving eyes, it's the goblin mercs, and if you don't aggro, your merc def will aggro at least some of the mobs.

There are two layers of the goblin mercs, one on edge of the water, the second further out, so you can easily clip one of those two areas and have mercs coming after you.
  13. Mophia Active Member

Oh, I just completed the new quest, and I'm being offered it again, don't think that this is intended.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

I actually thought it might be intended. An alternate way to farm tokens rather than doing the drunken goblin/gnoll/bugbear quest. Also so you can get more than one block.
    Mophia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Mophia Active Member

Ok, lancer wasp parked right on top of mount in EL, can it be moved as it's killing lowbies fast, ie my level 15 assassin died fast when she got back from minotaur.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

I ran into that stupid wasp with one of my lower characters as well. I can't recall EVER seeing a wasp of any sort, let alone an agro wasp hanging that close to the horse in Enchanted Lands before.

Bypassing the horse altogether (yay flying as a crafter), I flew out to a reasonably safe area to kill the goblins for the new quest. One thing I noticed out there that in some areas, particularly down at the river near the mill, the agro normal runnyeye goblins are hiding under the world, so one thinks there's no goblins but SURPRISE! you're dead. I actually saw them popping up out of the ground.

Thank goodness for the spawning beastriders though. I did end up getting a horse ride out after that surprise agro death and was able to finish up right by the horse walking between the one goblin that was in a safe spot & the spawning beastriders. If one can actually get the lowbie out there on the horse and are cautious enough to just hang around the horse and don't walk into the group of goblins RIGHT by the horse, you can finish it without dying. But if you wander much, you are going to be toast. This coming from someone who has a lot of fun taking characters harvesting & shiny hunting in areas that are much higher level than the character's adventure level.

Due to the nature of the area, it really does leave only a very few spots for lower level characters to complete the quest. Sure most people are going to be higher, but I don't think it would hurt to make it a little more below 30 friendly.
  17. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Those types of wasps aren't generally up. Usually, it is the unruly impalers and the weakened wasps. The lancer wasps aren't generally up unless folks have been killing the other two types. The unruly impalers, though, are aggressive, iirc. (Source: having done EL content ad nauseum while leveling alts.)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

EL has always been a nightmare for anyone not starting the game at like level 85 or 90. Well do I remember the times I tried to get the stupid Minotaur Brew from the stupid minotaur, only to find that the eye things that normally didn't path in that area were all over the place, presumably drawn by the sweet, sweet scent of anyone to whom they weren't grey...and the goblins don't help, either. Nor do the lack of anything other than Scout Stealth and the occasional spell (which don't often kick in until at least level 30 anyway) for invisibility purposes; the Chameleon Totems, be they Great or otherwise, can't be used by the people they most need to protect: i.e., people under 30th level. :-/

It'd be nice to move the stupid minotaur somewhere out of the Death Zone, or at least shoo the stupid eye things away from the area until after the event, but that hasn't happened for as long as I can recall, and I've been playing since Spring 2006. Nice to see I'm not the only one getting frustrated. :-/

Uwk
    whose only toons nowadays who don't have credit for these quests are under level 30...and aren't always on servers that have a toon of mine to whom the eye things are grey... X-P
    Mophia likes this.
  19. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Anyone on P-Test that can help a level 6?
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all for jumping in and giving me some good feedback right away! I've made the following changes. I don't know when they will make it to Test, but they should be listed in the update notes at that time.

• Bog Mountain's Eruption - Can be repeated daily (18 hours) now.
    • Bog Mountain's Eruption - The amount of level 35 goblins around the specified of Bog Mountain has been reduced.
    • Bog Mountain's Eruption - Characters on this quest can use the halfling pony at the Lost Village of Bobick to travel safely to Bog Mountain and back.
    ~ Kaitheel