Brewday Festival 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

Was the race achievement ever tested solo? Both this one and the Erollisi Day achievement seem impossible to get if someone else is running the race, and on the more populated servers like AB, someone usually is.
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

We need more pure water spawns in the water along Nek beach. Even when it is slow, it can be hard to find pure water there sometimes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looks like it's improved some over the last few days; there was one zone (and no, I'm not saying which one; I like being able to harvest there unmolested!) that had them like every 5-10 bushes (and once I got 2 in a row on one bush!); it was great. Other zones, for the same time/amount of other mats, gave me 1 Clover; in this zone, I got like 20. :-/

But it does seem to have evened out a bit. ;->

Uwk
    Afista likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also: is it my imagination, or are the void eyeball-things in Enchanted Lands moving farther south (as in, I've never seen them this far south before) just to "protect" the Minotaur and his Hero Brew from being messed with (as in, right across the road directly across from the Minotaur, between the road and the river)? Every time I've had one of my "baby" characters (where EL was red to them) get closer to the Minotaur than the start of the mountains, boom, I'd get pounced on by the eye guys. I lucked out once when a higher-level took one out for me (thanks again!), but usually, it's all but impossible to get close, and this is on a server when my highest level is in the high 20's. :-/

And yep, I've done the "take the horse transit close, jump off there" bit, and the "use stealth abilities/items bit" (some of the aggro goblins can see through it; most can't, but the eye guys definitely can), you name it. Doesn't help my babies to "know how to stealth properly" if the aggro radius for the mob goes across the road and up into the hills for them. If Brell wants his booze that badly, he can get us something (to drink, probably! ;->) that covers our younglings' tushes. Since it would deactivate anyway when we're getting the item, and could be only one-use (and No-Trade, and not needed past a certain level), what would it hurt?

Uwk
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Indeed! There is one eyeball that not only passes just across the road from the Minotaur, it stops and loiters there for a painfully long time. When I try to stand near the hill and wait for it to move away, I get aggroed by a group of high level goblins. When the eye is there, it is impossible to slowly inch forward to where the minotaur is without the eyeball aggroing. One-shot death for low levels. :(

I cannot do this quest on characters below level 30. As the chance of that eyeball being there is extremely high. And it is not feasable sometimes to have a high level waiting there to kill the eyeball just as you take the travel horse by the dock.

PLEASE! Remove this and other nearby eyeballs just for Brell? In all the other festival events that are in higher level zones it is possible for a low level to reach quest spots like this one without dying. And this is such a cleverly written and fun quest otherwise. It is a shame that anyone below level 30 cannot do it just because of a lethal mob that actually loiters near the minotaur.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy, it's not just me!! Thanks so much for this! :D

And it's not just a matter of "whining" about it, either (I've gotten that reaction before to this; lovely degree of compassion); this is virtually impossible without bribing/begging/etc. a higher-level to hold one's hand through it now. Shouldn't be, and wasn't in the previous years. :-/

Uwk
  7. Olafilrosso New Member

1 Strong Black Coffee
    3 Dwarven Ale
    2/4 Gnomish Spirits...
    and Jimmy glows ;)
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

That won't always work. Surefire way:
    1 strong black coffee
    Dwarven ales until Jimmy gets surly (or glows, on rare occasion it just takes the dwarven ale)
    1 strong black coffee
    1 less dwarven ale than last time
    gnomish spirits until he glows.
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very true, and thanks to all here for helping de-randomize this! :)

One time, though, I was a little too free with the Gnomish Spirits, and apparently Jimmy got alcohol poisoning...all over the place. :-/

Uwk
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

I didn't read through this whole thread so someone might have mentioned it, but I figured this was mostly concerned with quest/acheivement related stuff.

I noticed tonight that one of the SC grapevines isn't actually a grape vine. The cultivated grape vine is actually hops. Very well done too, it was obvious soon as I looked at it (if it really is grapes someone needs to work on it again.)

I love it still & bought several, but I figured this was something that ought to be addressed before someone started complaining about wanting grapes & not getting what they paid for.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

UPDATE: I noticed that on the US servers, the eye thing was moved north a bit (to just outside the end of the horse transport line at Goblin Gulch, or wherever it is, so if you ride to the end of the line rather than jumping off at the minotaur, that's where you get ganked...lovely), which made things a lot easier for my lowbies, but on Splitpaw in the UK, the eye thing (Void Watcher) IS STILL THERE, making it impossible for anyone who doesn't have the Void Watcher showing up as grey to finish the quest. :-/

Hopefully it's not too late to fix it over there. :-/

Uwk
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Actually, no change was made. If anything, what you are observing is the randomness of spawns and wander areas within Enchanted Lands. I have noted the dangerous spawn near the minotaur for next year though.

~Kaitheel
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! Hopefully, the eye guys will be shooed away for the event duration. Bad eyes. ;->

Uwk