Brewday Festival 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a few more changes heading to the test environments!
    • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Using "Snoogle's Special Flask" now results in a spell icon being displayed for the player.
    • Ayndrew Celladar Now says "Bolgin, brother to Brell..." (Was "Bolgin, bother to Brell...")
    Again, I'm not sure when they will be on the servers, but they should be called out in the update notes when they are.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  2. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Probably Kaitheel.. I'm sure I read it last week and forgot by this morning. Thanks.
  3. Ashlie Active Member

Now that the achievement has been changed, the text in the achievement window needs to be changed to match the 110, instead of 115.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch!

~Kaitheel
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, no, thank YOU!! Finally noticed that spell icon thing for being drunk on Snoogle's Special Flask...still didn't help me get the Pink Elephant on time (The Commonlands at night are horrible, even without being drunk), but at least now, I have an idea of how long I have. Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone else has had issues with this, but I got a Fatal Error when trying out Brell's Everlasting Brew, specifically down in the zone after you read the spell aloud and get blipped to the stein area. I had a chat with the Keeper of the Stein, annoyed him, and at least "chose wisely", but then, just as he was about to boot me back out again, before I could be zoned, boom:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\test\eq2\game\Client\src\ClietNet.cpp (425):
    m_pCon->Send( kbReliable ? UdpLibrary::cUdpChannelReliable1 : UdpLibrary::cUdpChannelUnreliable, ( void *
    )ms.getBuffer(), u_bytes )
    00487fe4

which does, I admit, look different than the Fatal Errors I've been getting recently, but not terribly...I wonder if they're related, and it's my old hoopy of a computer barfing on something, or if others have been having issues with this zone. :-/

Uwk
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Okay so I logged out before taking the pony to the Runnyeye instance for Rummage for Answers. My quest reverted itself backward to the step of reading the pristine note, which is impossible because I had already read it and it is no longer in my inventory (it is removed after speaking to Ayndrew). Returned all the way back to Tellar and all he tells me is "Good luck finding that guy" so I have to delete/restart the quest.

Since I had to go through Ayndrew's dialogue again, I saw the fixed typo.. thanks! :D
  8. Cyliena Well-Known Member

The Goblish Stones - A Translation: Page 2 has a typo: the first instance of "Bolgin" is spelled "Brolgin".
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Just tested this out on my main. You're pretty close to how it's set. It appears to be randomized each time you accept the quest, not each time you zone into the lounge. I zoned out/back in multiple times the first time I had the quest and needed 3 dwarven ales and 2-3 gnomish spirits. Then I deleted the quest and grabbed it again, and tried again with zoning out/back in and each time it took 4 dwarven ales exactly (one of the times I did have to throw in an extra gnomish spirit). The method you described works perfectly (I included it in our walkthrough on zam with a credit to you and link to your post about it, btw), but it is possible (though I'm assuming unlikely) that you may not need to give him beyond dwarven ales.

I think what happens is that each time you accept the quest you are given a small random range. It may vastly differ from other runs of the quest but should remain the same/similar to the same run of the quest if you kept zoning out and back in to test it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks for the credit! When testing it I got him drunk and sober several times to make sure the amount needed was constant, then zoned out, zoned back in, and tried again. Did not restart the quest, just zoned. For the most part he seemed to need 3 dwarven ales plus a few gnomish spirits, but I did have a few times he took only 1 or 2 dwarven ales, and a couple where he needed 4. But the count was always the same if I just sobered him with coffee again, and almost always changed if I zoned out and back in.

You're right he may not need anything but dwarven ale, but is a very lucky hit if you get it!

Oh, and if you give Jimmy enough that he either fights or passes out, no need to rezone. Stick around about a minute and he'll get up again. Hand him a coffee and start all over! The coffee may not be necessary, forgot to check that.

Just for completeness sake, if you give him 6 gnomish spirits he passes out. Give him 5 dwarven ale and seems to be a 50/50 chance he'll either pass out or attack. (I kept trying to fight him in hopes I'd get the AA he's marked as giving - no dice. Then I did it a few more times just for fun.)
    Cyliena likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was surprised when the nutcase attacked my Tester; I didn't want to kill him, since I wasn't sure what that would do to the quest, so I ran out the door. I always use coffee on him before starting over to find the "right" number. ;->

Uwk
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Oops! Glad you spotted it!

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena likes this.
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I may never get the achievement, but I did get this yay~~ Nice work!
    [IMG]
    Cyliena and Feara like this.
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

One request. Since the "race" this time is in such a small area, can you fix it so everyone has the same movement speed? It really isn't fair when some can go much faster than others due to racial, AA and other boosts.
  15. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Awesome!
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

One thing to note with the "Bubbling Brewday Fireworks Launcher" is that the preview is for a nicely engraved and aged stein. The stein, however, is as pictured in Cloud's post, smooth and brightly shiny. It is clearly too late to fix this before it goes live, but it would probably be nice to fix the preview for it, if possible.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Got fixed on live
  18. Jamtiln New Member

Not sure if it is just me but the Brewday shinies show the collecting bar but nothing happens when it fills...
  19. Jamtiln New Member

Never mind forgot I had my loot on auto decline for guildies last night. Event looks great everyone ^_^
  20. Afista Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this has been brought up before in previous years, but the harvest rate of the Emerald Clovers is really low. It'd be nice not to dread harvesting this holiday each year :p

[IMG]
    Eryn, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.