Brewday Festival 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Me too! Even as talented as our artists are, they really surprise me sometimes!

~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

The sober effect will be looked at. Glad that so many of you are enjoying that aspect of the event though!

Throwables like that are part of Bristlebane Day content.

~Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Interesting suggestion.... hmmm... wonder what I can cook up that won't take new art...

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena and Absyntheea like this.
  4. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Maybe the launcher could be one of the steins we already have? Click it.. and BOOM! BEER-SPLOSION!!
    Cyliena likes this.
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

But I just had the carpets cleaned....
    Alenna and Cyliena like this.
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

MY BAD I see there are other mundane recipes requiring the rare clover from previous years (too bad I missed this back then). I would have edited and deleted my post but that was no longer an option hehe
  7. Kaitheel Developer

I've got a few more changes heading to the test environments!
    • Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock - Power up steins have been increased in size.
    • Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock - Amount of goblins and power up steins have been increased.
    • "Bubbling Brewday Fireworks Launcher" house item has been added to the Brewday Beer Guardin' enormous prize reward selection.
    • "Big Boom Keg" now has an explosion that can be triggered in house.
    Again, I'm not sure when they will be on the servers, but they should be called out in the update notes when they are.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
    Cyliena and Absyntheea like this.
  8. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

:D COOL! All of it!
  9. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Ooooo, 'splotions! Does the big boom keg kill anyone when it blows up?

And yay for throwing things at other players for Bristlebane Day!
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Happy happy joy joy ... everybody dance! Thanks Kaitheel:)
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

That's why we love you Kaitheel!
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel.. and adding a fireworks launcher would be AWESOME... maybe use the same bottle as the Bristlebane one?

I'll try out the race again, but it's going to wait until after the weekend. :p
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I hope the fireworks we already got will turn into the launchers:) These bubbles will make for some great party scenes:)
    [IMG]
  14. Mophia Active Member

OK, running my troll SK through Brewday. I noticed that the only exits available to her are Commonlands and Gorowyn, no Neriak. But there are supposed to be portals to the Bar of Brell at all player cities!!!!!

And a suggestion, a portal near Maj'Dul might be nice, as some players have homes there too.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

No. The Bar of Brell entrance in Commonlands serves both Neriak and Freeport. Thankfully, with the world bells traveling Norrath is much, much easier than it used to be!

~Kaitheel
  16. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I actually tried to do the whole Pub Crawl event with regular drunkenness, and the Sober Up effect did originally remove it, but I ran into a bit of a problem. Our alcohol system is really squirly. There is no way to query how drunk (or sober) someone is, so the best I can do to ensure that they sober up is to remove the max amount of alcohol points from them. Let me give you a quick example of how this would be exploited as soon as someone figured out what was going on:
    Fyreflyte is running around with 0 alcohol points. He drinks a pub crawl drink, which intoxicates him for +10 points, then uses the Sober Up ability, which unintoxicates him for -100 points (max drunk level). He's now sitting at an alcohol level of -90, meaning he'll have to drink 91 points of alcohol to get buzzed again. Instead of doing that (cause it's expensive to get drunk when you're that sober) he waits 30 minutes for the effect to abate, and once again drinks a 10 point pub crawl drink (back to -80) and uses Sober Up to go to -180. He is now really sober! Fast forward three days, and we find him surrounded by a crowd in Fish's Inn and Alehouse pounding straight Everclear and drinking dwarves to under the table. He's got an anonymous bookie in the crowd rolling up fat stacks of platinum on all the challenges he's winning. Pretty soon he's tearing through the streets on a carriage made of pure diamond, pulled by horses with real gnomeskin reigns. His riches go to his head and he purchases Qeynos Castle. Queen Antonia is evicted and has to resort to doing moving statue impersonations in order to scratch together enough copper to buy cold gruel. The public panics; all Brell breaks loose. Undead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

I'm sure you can see where this all leads. So, sadly, I had to scrap that system and just go with effects specific to the event. Glad you're otherwise enjoying it =)
    Feara likes this.
  17. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

You say this like it's a bad thing... :D

The drunken weaving was awesome though! Even the time I fell off the dock.

I don't suppose that you could convince someone to give drunkenness some other visual effect? ANY other visual effect besides that eye-straining, headache-inducing, constantly-moving quad-vision? 'Cause seriously, one person in the guild hall taps Snoogle's Party Keg while I'm in there, and I have to leave my char sitting in a corner and go do something else until it wears off. I can't even let her sleep it off, she's still drunk when she wakes up!
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh gods, I understand your problem. I loved the random "moving sideways" on the new drunken effects.
    Could it be possible to brink pack the sober up juice from some of the live events on the brell merchant for the duration of the event? 4 or so of them brink you back to normal usually.

You can sober up from a regular drink very fast if you're past 250 points or so. You won't sober up if disconnected though, and need to stay online for the effect to wear out.
  19. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Quest - Rummage for Answers
    Me: "Bolgin Serilis? Who is that?"
    Ayndrew: "Bolgin, bother to Brell..."

I was literally in tears from laughing. Oh, and "bother" should be "brother". ;)

edit: Oh wow.. how is my level 25 char going to get safely to the special quest instance? There's level 35 goblins and eyeballs all over the place here.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Um... the pony that players who are under level 40 are advised to take in his dialog. Perhaps you missed the previous mention within this thread?
    ~Kaitheel