Brawler Shadows Endlines

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Hello.

I am writing here today to discuss brawler's getting the short end of the stick in regards to the shadow's tree endlines.

Every other tank gets some from of stoneskin/avoidance buff as a endline.

Shadowknights get furor (riposte + strikethrough immunity)

Paladins get stonewall (block + strikethrough immunity)

Berserker gets wall of rage ( two trigger stoneskin)

Guardians get defensive mind (30 seconds of immune to strikethrough(with near cap uncontested block already) reuse and dodge chance)

Brawlers get... a port?

I understand you did this due to the overpowered nature of brawler's in DoV-CoE and wanted to give them a reason to not just run full right side prestige and gain close to nothing by going left side, but it's ruined balance on TLE.

At the moment, brawler's offer nothing that another tank doesn't do just frankly, better.

Adds? Zerker/crusader

Main tanking? Warriors.

I guess they give a cool avoidance buff to the main tank but it doesn't offer enough to warrant not just putting in another healer or tank to tank swap with better temps (ie zerker) or bringing in a paladin to heal the main tank and give them physical mit temps ontop of pledge arnament.

Please take a look at the brawler endlines in the shadows tree. Bring bob & weave, and impenetrable will back, so brawler's at least have a chance in raid versus the superior warriors and crusaders.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I agree, I can't find any good reason to play my bruiser atm for anything but shiny flopping.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Would like some kind of explanation, or a NO; this can't be done.
  4. Baltazarr Member

Not gonna happen since it would also affect live servers. It would defeat the purpose.

Both monk and bruiser immunities (bob and weave/impenetrable will) where moved from the shadow tree to the prestige tree back in CoE or ToV (don't remember exactly when). The reason was to prevent brawlers from being able to spec right side while keeping all their defensive tools when all other tanks had to spec left side to get their defensive abilities.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If only full right side wasn't terrible and you could still get dragon fire meme with left side.... Oh wait. You can.

I've seen them change a myriad of other AA's on TLE. Just make it the abilities castable on the brawler, cast bob and weave/impenetrable if under level 95. GG.

And it was in CoE when strikethrough immunity was ripped from brawler's and the tenacity nerf happened, it changed basically nothing either way. Brawlers were already going double conversion because of the conversion at the end which was more dps than going full right side.

However, "It would mess up live" is not an excuse, how about "it messes up TLE?"
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Did munzok today.

Our guardian with 50% uncontested avoidance blocked 9% of the incoming hits.

Sure brawlers can reach cap uncontested block, but does that really matter when the mobs just gonna strikethrough it all?

This is why brawlers got stirkethrough immunity in TSO in the first place, because all of their cool bonuses to extra riposte, block and parry instantly got negated and they had less mitigation than plate tanks.

The endline fix is calling, if you in any way plan on brawlers being viable in any way.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member