Brawler Gis. What happened?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Cusashorn, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

How come newer brawler gis that were added in after Destiny of Velious don't have a cool appearance like they used to? I just earned the Aetherstrike Brawler Gi from the Chains of Eternity expansion and it just looks like a breastplate. The Pugilist's Combine Gi from Cobalt Scar is no better.

I'm saddened by this. :(
    Rifuul, Blazen, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

There is a crate of Gi's available in the marketplace. I think you can buy them with loyalty points or DBC? Crate of 3 - the best looking gi's in the game, imo.
    Rifuul and Breanna like this.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

There are some really rare Gis that don't even exist anymore or have had their graphics changed. The original AQ Bruiser reward and the Armor of Bliss.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Rifuul, Cusashorn and Breanna like this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I remember getting the old Bruiser design as a low level Qeynos quest reward.. from a quest in the caves, I think. I don't remember whatever happened to it. I know it eventually turned into the ugly brown bruiser newbie clothing.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

I believe that was called the "Armor of Bliss." The graphic was changed sometime in 2006.
  6. Gwalchmai Member

I feel the pain. I recently reviewed the gear I was saving for appearance and found that they changed the look of the Choral Cloak and the other cloaks you got from the Amphitheater quests in PoP. They used to have a white filigree look, and now this one was changed to a AoM Far Seas design. I don't see the reason for the change.