Brawler AA Tree

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by AustinB, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Silzin Active Member

Yes, its just an idea, but trying to keep it simple. Eagle Shriek could just be Stun and Stifle immunity and maybe 5-10% DR vs all. then Eagle Patience can Add the Base Auto Attack Multiplier and the stone skin without of HP restrictions... would need to increase the reuse on the stone skin.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh all of these are just Ideas. Ultimately if anything becomes of these threads it is up to the Developer in charge not us players. We are here to provide ideas and discuss which are potentially balanced to our understandings.

I like that idea though for the pairing of Shriek and Patience. A stone skin with no %HP restrictions will proc VS all damage though even 10 point ones. Eagles Patience perhaps 10% HP threshold 3 time trigger vs magic damage only. This keeps them not having the power of Guardian stone skins but betters them to handle multi-hit death touches. I think though we must decide on how Eagle's Shriek activates.

I got an idea... just make Eagles Shriek a proc with a message notifying the Brawler that Shriek is active for Patience. Much like Exploit Weakness is for scouts. I would have to look at EW proc rates but I am thinking somewhere around a 30 second duration proc that triggers 1 time per minute works meaning Shriek is up 50% of the time. I would have to say if this method was used 5% DR would be the number to use and the Base auto modifier can remain on Shriek. Patience is just a stone skin.

Again that is just an idea, we have a few going around for the INT line thus far. It also seems to me that the rest of the tree seems good with the minimal modifications to AGI and a few of the more weak avoidance skill though the Dodge% instead of Defense/Parry is universally suggested in the AA Threads for Fighters.
  3. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I just want to chime-in here and say that changing stat-based AAs because top-end gear trivializes them is not a good idea. Not everybody has top-end gear, especially anybody under level 90, which is still part of the game. AAs are not designed exclusively for level 92+ raiders, after all. Plus, reforging is a thing. If you have access to Crane Twirl, why bother adorning/reforging for so much static AoE auto-attack? Crane Twirl gives you 100% AoE Auto basically whenever you need it, so you can adorn for something else! If you have Chi, you don't need to reforge as much into Ability Reuse. I mean, this is sort of the definition of min-maxing. Choose your gear based on what AAs you have available, don't just blindly max-out various stats on your armor and then complain your AAs are worthless.

Also, I don't agree with ideas that change temp buffs into passive bonuses. Pressing buttons is more fun than increasing numbers on a table, and efficiently managing your temp buffs is an important facet of class mastery that should not be diminished. Also, remember that not all AAs need to be useful to everybody. I think it's fine to have AAs like Altruism, which may not be the most subjectively effective choice in general, but could still be useful in certain situations, and may very well be some guy's favorite ability.

And let's be real here: the Brawler tree is awesome. One of the best class trees in the game, in my opinion. I don't think there is anything wrong with having one or two duds in there, it isn't like we have enough points to take everything, anyway. Keep in mind that making formerly useless abilities that people still had points in anyways (like the contested avoidance bonuses that were required for endlines) will have an effect on overall class balance. If people were spending points in it anyways, even if those points were merely prerequisites for something else, it doesn't really need to be changed unless the class, on the whole, needs adjustment in some area. And last I checked, Monks are doing fine. AAs should only be altered in order to provide additional feasible choices, not for the sake of mere improvement. You want to increase variety and individuality while keeping overall effectiveness roughly constant.
  4. Ebofu Active Member

Brawler tree is fine. The only tree which needs help is warrior.
    If anything should be changed, Hert mentioned it earlier, the SF endlines are all pretty redundant at this point, you only use them to reach Tenacity. As a monk, any talk of more stoneskins I dismiss. I can already outright block or 'mitigate' everything by myself, adding another stoneskin would just make it idiot proof at this point because it's not hard as is.

Altruism needs tweaking, when it was designed it was made to stop someone pulling aggro and dying to the auto attack but with how mechanics work now, people die to aoe damage or a fail effect and fd'ing them doesn't solve anything, even worse if you put it on a healer it overrides any actual death prevent (Equilibrium etc) and leaves them unable to cure.