<Brave New World> - Stormhold

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Atla, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Atla New Member

Core principles:

- New Player Friendly

Experience is not required, whether it be in EQ2 or mmo's in general. Leadership consists of both new players and veterans alike.

- Casual progression.

Flexible raid schedule based on the needs of our members. No rush to the top, just enjoy the journey!

- Friendly, stress free atmosphere.

No one is going to be pressured to level faster or to do anything they do not want to do. Although raiding will be a weekly thing when everyone is up to speed, the main idea of the guild is to grow into a family and to enjoy our journey through Norrath at a reasonable pace :)

- RP friendly.

Now I don't mean everyone will be in character 24/7, but if you want to stay in character go right ahead! I will play along (Although I haven't done much rp so I can't promise it will be any good :oops:) and hope to attract others that will give it a go too.

I recall an Ogre warrior from an EQ1 guild who stayed in character no matter what and it was absolutely hysterical. That dude was the life of the guild, and we weren't even an RP guild! Another great RP moment I had was my first time logging in to EQ2. I was in Frostfang, just taking it all in, when a Kerran came up to me in character and explained "shinies" to me. It instantly got me into the game and I thought it was a really neat way to help a newb. Turns out that guy was a GM! Needless to say, RP can really add a lot to the Everquest experience so role players are very welcome to join.

-Typing in guild chat is preferred

Not everyone is able to use voice chat for various reasons (loud house, parents are asleep, significant other is asleep, kids are asleep, no mic, deaf, social anxiety, ect.). Some people just flat out don't like voice chat because it takes you out of the game so to speak. After a hard day of work one just wants to come home and escape reality for a bit. (I tend to fall under this category ;)). Voice chat has this funny way of breaking immersion ever so slightly.

Another point to be made is that cliques can be a real guild killer, especially when it is your core members that are actively ignoring everyone but their own little group within the guild. I want to avoid that at all costs. Voice chat has this way of splintering an otherwise strong family. If you absolutely must use voice chat, I can't and won't stop you from using what the game already offers (the built in client is impressive, no doubt). I'd just rather see people using guild chat so everyone can be a part of the conversation :D.

All that being said, if you are interested in joining whisper me (Atla), Rafees or Scurb in game. You can also look us up in the guild interface!
    Lifix, HaphazardAllure and Seefar like this.
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

Could I ask you to explain what you mean by this?

The reason I ask, is this: in Lonewolf (the guild I founded, now on Guk) the idea of 'no twinking' was one of the basic ideas. Each character (and in Lonewolf the rool was, and is, 'one character per player') would make his/her own way. Need a spell? ask a guildmate (or a friend). Need a bow? Arrows? Ask me, your friendly neighbourhood bardfletcher. No cheating with the shared bank! (Of course there's no way to enforce such a thing, but if you can't trust your in-game friends, who can you trust?)

... unfortunately the 'self sufficiency' message was misunderstood by some to mean that they needed to have multiple alts so that the player could provide everything all hisher toons needed. (And, to my mind, the general trend towards that 'self sufficiency' situation is one of the worst things that has happened to Norrath over the years, as it has effectively destroyed one of the important means by which players' characters could interact with each other, other than by grouping up to kill beasties.)
  3. Atla New Member

Oh jeez no I don't mean it like that at all. I more or less meant that being able to figure things out on your own sometimes will be helpful (for example, if someone asks a question and no one can answer it correctly said person is willing to try and find information on the wiki or wherever they may find it). I want to encourage people to help each other as much as possible within the limits of our capabilities. No need to have a million alts and make your own way. I want this to be a group effort, much like your guild.
    Seefar likes this.
  4. Lifix New Member

I just wanted to say that I wish you the best of luck Atla, I really like the details of your guild and agree with all of it. Unfortunately I don't think i'll be playing on Stormhold but I did want to wish you the best, if I do I will definitely look you up!
    Seefar likes this.
  5. Blaupunkt Active Member

did you get the guild up and running ?
  6. Atla New Member

I appreciate the support Lifix :)

Not quite! I have made friends with two people that are interested so far, the real problem will be getting everyone online at the same time. I've thought about asking around to see if anyone can just help me create the guild and they can leave if they want, but at the same time I'd like the founding members to all be people who want to stick around. Hopefully today we will fill out the rest of the group and get this thing going!

Logging on now, so anyone who reads this and is interested feel free to send me a tell, I'll be here most of the day :D
  7. Atla New Member

Quick update: We now have 5 people... just need one more!! Send me a tell if you want in! IGN: Atla
  8. Blaupunkt Active Member

I dont mind logging in and helping you make the guild, not sure I am your target audience mind ;)
  9. Atla New Member

Update: Brave New World is officially registered!
  10. Seefar Well-Known Member

This is good news...

... although our great leader is MIA at the moment, which is not so good news. I'm still hanging in there; I understand that real life can intrude into playtime, and I wouldn't want you to come back to a Marie Celeste after such a promising start.

I hope all is well in your world, Atla, and look forward to fight shoulder to shoulder with a shiny paladin again someday :)
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  11. Blaupunkt Active Member

how many members do you have now ?
  12. Seefar Well-Known Member

There's currently just two who show up regularly. Several others have been no-shows for a week or more. I'm beginning to think maybe Rafees needs another bath...