Boxxing is not Botting

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by RealityCheck, Jul 7, 2017.

1. toschoolforkool Member

Pretty simple too handle. Use Twitch to live stream your game. Login into Eq2 discord. post your link for the dev's / GM's to watch the " Botters / Boxers in action * Dont really need too say anything other than is " Is this allowed :
  2. Ellah Active Member

Well said re the movement, it's the easiest to spot sign of botters.

I haven't petitioned anyone yet on FG but did so twice RTT for unattended gameplay (and this was outside office hours), both were dealt with within 30 minutes, the second time I was still there killing my first mob after petitioning when they showed up to check.

It does work, at least, in my experience so please do take the time to put in a *petition*.
  3. Flamace Active Member

Daybreak already knows who is using third party programs. Just send in a /petition/report. Id like to think if they get enough reports, they'll likely do something.
  4. m4v3r Member

What I hear mostly here is problems with camping/griefing, in general disruptive behavior.
    What does that have to do with multiboxing (aka being dedicated and passionate about a game one loves).
    No doubt that bots are annoying and should always be removed from a server, along with griefing, disruptive players.
    But please don't put me in that group because I like a certain way of PLAYING... the.... Game!
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Feel free to bot in instanced content.
  6. Ginix New Member

All the players automating their boxes need to be deleted off of Fallen Gate and moved to Stormhold server. Just because you're present on your main client doesn't mean you can use third party programs to automate your other 5 clients.
  7. Veritas New Member

This is the main problem, people have lost the definition of things. Most of these people are NOT BOTTING, botting requires a script and automated gameplay, what you are seeing is KEY STROKE BROADCASTING! That is, the boxed toons do NOTHING unless the boxer hits his key, then the boxes hit his key, that is NOT BOTTING it is broadcasting. Broadcasting can be done in multiple ways in the real world and through various programs, none of which have anything to do with cheating or hacking, it just makes boxing a bit easier, just like a ton of new normal things people use to make their game easier today then in 2004.. There was a SOE stream a few years back where one of the Devs talked about enjoying 6 boxing EQ2, you think they were botting?

Now whether or not you want to continue just as much hate on people broadcasting keystrokes is an entirely different topic as this requires the person at the keyboard and making every single button press actively but either way it is NOT BOTTING!
  8. Veritas New Member

I'd also like to point out, this is NOT a "no box" server like Eq1 Phinigel and Agnarr are, as that would change things entirely, on those servers it is expected for people to act like you people are when see a boxer, but not here. I 3 box on those servers with 3 computers and I can promise you i can click those keys at the same time like it's nothing 3 more would only take half a second.
  9. Veritas New Member

Well I found one of those working for SoE quotes there is others on video, but this was from - Luperza - Community Manager

" EQ2 and Me
    As far as EverQuest 2 goes, I have been an avid EverQuest 2 player since way before I ever worked at SOE! I’m a bit of an alt-a-holic and I enjoy multi-boxing my whole group. Call me anti-social, but I call it efficient! I currently have a level 95 Defiler, Shadowknight, Dirge, Coercer, Inquisitor, Wizard and Paladin. I’ll be making a new public character that I hope to play with all of you!"

You think she was "botting" too?
    Malleria likes this.
  10. Kristabella Well-Known Member

So, how is broadcasting keystrokes done? You just naturally hit a key and the other toons respond immediately, without doing anything? So, if I have two instances running I hit the key to sit down, and both my toons automatically sit down?

No program, or other software needed to broadcast? From what I am seeing software is needed to accomplish this, and if this software does not belong to DBG, and is intended for use in EQ2, it is 3rd party software. (Isboxer and MQ2 are 3rd party programs, and so is anything else that does this)

You said "Broadcasting can be done in multiple ways in the real world and through various programs..."

DBG says "Using exploits or third-party software can result in your account being Terminated with extreme prejudice."

If someone is sitting there with multiple screens, keyboards and key pads, more power to them, box away. If they use anything other than that, any software to emulate a keystroke, or broadcast a keystroke, they are in violation of ToS.

**Say what you will, the rules say it all.
  11. Veritas New Member

Honestly I don't care if you think it's against the rules or not, i'm just letting you know it is not BOTTING so people need to stop calling it that, all the actions are controlled by a person at the keyboard, no AI or scripts involved ( like mercenary are ).
    Reserve botting for actual botters, the ones doing complex raids and or afk farming / xping not some guy running around with his boxes on auto follow.
  12. Kristabella Well-Known Member

And likewise, I don't care if you refuse to call it what it is, controlling toons thru a 3rd party program with is against ToS. And to be honest, it doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else here thinks it is or is not. At this point it is just our opinion and not reality. What matters is what DBG thinks or says it is, and that is the final call.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

I've found that not to be accurate. Reporting someone and clearly describing how the botter affected my gameplay has seen results. Reporting someone just cause they are botting and not impacting my game play, not so much.

So, I find it is important to not only report the botter, but provide specific cases of how they were gating my gameplay (locking down a contested dungeon/spawn, blocking access to quest mob, stealing contested overland rare spawn, etc.
    Prissetta and Kristabella like this.