Bow advice please

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Chuluinn, Apr 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Chuluinn Guest

Lvl 16 atm with two bows...one is 18-54...4.5 sec delay with a rating of 16.00, the other is 25-76, 7 secs delay, rating 14.5. All other things being equal, which of these is the best please, specifically for pvp, though not sure if this matters?

Thank you.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Chuluinn wrote:
    IIRC what other rangers were saying longer delay means a better chance at more CAs between auto attacks which should give the better dps. if I"m not correct in that please someone who had played a Ranger longer then I have let him know.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chuluinn Guest

Thank you Alenna...I am sorry I think I should have made my post clearer....I was thinking more along the lines of 'first strike' dps, ie which of these would hit hardest first off therefore giving me less to do when I go into melee. I think information re this would be useful to me as I go along.

I appreciate that slower weapons hit harder but am a bit confused with these two bows given that the slower one has a smaller hit rating than the fast one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Chuluinn wrote:
    It has to do with the damage spread which is partly why the longer delay weapon has a lower damage rating. Generally the reason people suggest going with the higher delay bows is that we're also looking for weapons with the highest damage spread possible, or highest top end damage.
    The reasons for that are the other person said above, you want to be able to time your CA's between Auto attacks. Even more though is that as your gear gets better and you gain more and more critical chance, the lower end of the damage range starts to mean nothing, and that top end damage is the only thing that matters.
    If you were only looking to get in the hardest hit possible, the bow with the 7 sec delay has the potential to deliver the hardest hit.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chuluinn Guest

Great, that explains it clearly, much obliged Seiffil and many thanks.