Bounty Rewards - The Crossbow

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I understand you wanted to put a reward in, and make it enticing for people to hunt people at the top; but you failed.

Not only is this proc/effect insanely broken, considering we have zero blue stats in T5. You also made the tokens tradable, allowing people to just farm their main toon on an account making alts.

If this was actually just some genius plan to get people to make another account, hats off to you developers, you succeeded.

I've spoken about this effect (Flay the Beast) to the developers before on Fallen Gate. I described how silly the proc is on a myriad of occasions, going from class balance with confront fear, and also the fact that it makes a hole in itemization.

For those who are unaware, the crossbow gives 10% reuse, and a damage proc. This bow is also only available to those in the top 15, as they aren't going to let themselves be killed very often, except, by their alts.

I was in the top 15-25 for the first week of Nagafen, figured someone would do it, and someone did. Check the broker, you can buy tokens, or trade a fair friend in the top 15 a few kronos to get your crossbow!

You now have an insanely powerful item, that only 1% of the server can get; and frankly zero rewards for everyone else pvping. This proc is what made FG itemization so sluggish in a lot of ways. If you had the shield, great, enjoy being 5-10% better than anyone else on server. If you don't? Tough luck.

Suggestions?

Open up the bounty system in a similar fashion to how it was before. Introduce four bounties, make them unique. Perhaps Kill Streak bounties, kill fifty players without dying. Kill twenty-five people in an hour. Kill the only assassin on server. Kill Intensive.

The reward itself should be changed to something other than a crossbow as well, perhaps a necklace, or a ring that certifies your love for Nagafen and gives a cool effect that makes you stronger in pvp.

I hope that your DoF reward is more enticing and we see an actual reason to pvp in the next expansion, as it currently stands with the outlying issues on the server; i see no point.
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention how it is useless for mages/priests as it doesn't AA through spell casts :(
  3. Satyr Well-Known Member

It wasn't removed this patch, don't think it will be now unfortunately.
  4. Satyr Well-Known Member

To add to the pain, sometimes the coins just don't appear when you finish a quest. Just finished 3, no coins. RIP me I guess.
  5. Kodlar New Member

Its ridiculous that they allowed every class to wear a bow too. Why did the have to change the way the game was originally designed with old pvp writs. kill 5 scouts/mages/fighters/priests the old way made more sense than this leaderboard crap that was corrupted on day 1. Also never introducing more than this 1 PvP item even with the next expansion was stupid. People come back for nostalgia not all these broken changes. I have had the same issue with the quest not updating so the system in place is completely broken. They clearly don't care about the server or any of the content since they release an expansion 3-4 weeks at a time. If you wanted players to stay on the server you should have made Nagafen exactly like Kaladim but with PvP. Kaladim has probably around 10x the population of any other server. Also wipe after 3 months? come on Daybreak, You don't even give players enough time to raid the content before dropping another expansion, and then before you know it the server is gone. I feel as if we are punished for choosing the PvP server over the PVE server.
  6. Kodlar New Member

I'm happy it doesn't.