Botting and SLR (BOP Loot Selling) Problem on Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dakis, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

You can't even begin to put DarqUI or Prophet at the same level as Ogre or ISX.

Personally I don't mind botters if they stick to instances and stay away from contested zones (like MM Castle).

However, I can see the frustration in players for both the botters and the botting protesters. It seems the banning / ignoring of botters is very inconsistent.
    Snikkety likes this.
  2. Santaclawz New Member

I like the bot crews. They are often people that have been playing for years and are real EQ2 heads. They provide a service that went away when SOE got rid of Bazaar server which is that they allow old semi casual players who used to be hardcore the chance to swap some of their paycheck for fabled loot/rares/MC gear etc via DBG and Kronos. It is completely shortsighted to suggest for a minute that EQ2 would be alright without them. I've been back for a few months now, and tried a bunch of different servers out. There are bot teams on ALL servers and a real RMT economy thrives here now. 1 man teams play the game, gear up, sell loot, generate Krono sales. The mistake to make is to think that because the teams buy Krono for plat they are not contributing to DBG pocket. Without the teams, buying in some case 24 Krono a month, then those simply wouldn't get bought and sold. Players that buy Krono to sell for plat to buy raid gear already sub. Most people who play for longer than a month sub. From what I've seen on Kaladim there must be at least 50 1 man teams, that is potentially $5500 right there, or $60k a year, or a salary.

It's just part of a game in late life especially. It's been a part right the way through in my experience as well.

Hell, I'd love to see a server that all players could use, botter, boxers, 1 account people, free to play, subbers that was free trade, no no trade items, a bit like the Bazaar server of old. I bet it would be so full, and that there would be plenty of whales there vomiting Krono all over.
  3. Krov Active Member

A few comments on this subject. The first is Everquest 2's economy is not even based on the server you play on or in general Everquest 2 at all, Krono are account based across ALL games.

That means people with 100's of Krono's from EQ1 can flood the market here at anytime ( I have done it) due to how loot works in EQ1. A single MQ in EQ we are talking 10 Krono in a single transaction , that is funneled to EQ2 at any point the EQ1 TLP hits the pop era in EQ 1... to continue the Krono accumulation in EQ2 , until a EQ1 tle opens up... rinse repeat.

2. There will be no major change ever in this game or any game that will have a major impact until how Krono are transacted the current system allows Krono to transfer to multiple parties and that is the core issue , the change that needs to happen is player A. Buys a Krono and it is "tradeable" once it is traded for a item / plat / stuff / tacos it becomes no-trade and consume only. If this change happens , it does not hit DBG bottom line in terms of the cost for a krono or change the original intent of the system for the buyer of said Krono but instantly removes the secondary market.

The only downside to this is that the secondary market will move to cash / ebay but that is easier to track transaction wise IMO, but it will remove the incentive to monopolize content / sell loot rights (since the transaction has to happen now in cash and that takes time) and cash is needed to fund the bots .. not krono being recycled across a endless amount of accounts with 0 start up costs.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Botting is a problem in contested. In fact, if you can get solid evidence of someone doing it, skip Darkpaw and send that to ISX. They hate people abusing their service to the detriment of other players, so if anyone is openly botting in contested areas, they will remove their ability directly from ISX. If you think this is speculation, it has already happened. Multiple times, and several in the last few weeks whenever they cause a problem.

As far as I can tell from a fairly casual player (on Kaladim), the most recent issues with the server have been a broker bot (who is not using ISX, for the record) and normal players being jerks.
    Nuhvohk likes this.