Botting and SLR (BOP Loot Selling) Problem on Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dakis, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Dakis New Member

Anyone who plays on Kaladim at max level is most likely aware that a large portion of the server are unattended characters being played via automation tools developed specifically for this game. These tools have been around for years and SOE/DBG/DPG have always seemed to enforce it, as the use of such tools is explicitly not allowed per section 4.6 of the EQ2 EULA.

I asked in Official Discord/Kaladim channel about this, but was banned immediately -- this was the only thing I have ever said in that Discord channel. I wasn't trolling, I was respectful, and I clearly worded my valid question.

[IMG]

This was amidst the discussion of bans for an exploit to crash/lag zones, so there was context for what I stated. DPG is actively taking action against the players who were using the exploit, so the enforcement of their rules is taking place to this day.

Here's for a cheater-free TLE, either now or in the future. The players deserve it and DPG is almost there.
    Pone the Wonderhorse likes this.
  2. Exarthious Member

According to the rules that would also make third party things such as DarqUI and Profit or any mouse and keyboard macroing that can be done also a ban able offence???
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. Seth Well-Known Member

while i would sorta agree with that, i believe it was actually stated that ACT etc where allowed by a developer many years back, however botting was never " permitted " per-say
  4. Nuhvohk Active Member

So you derailed a discussion about a more recent, relevant issue to bring up something that we all already know the devs don't care about.
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it a discussion, it was more just a lot of people complaining about feeling unjustly banned and others disagreeing with the protesters of the bans.

The conversation of about botting in overland / contested zones on this server is one that needs to be had. However I would not have brought it up today because it was not going to get any traction.
  6. Dakis New Member

I'm speaking completely aside from the events yesterday. 25-30% of Kaladim are bots, the economy is run by single players running full groups or raids, and it isn't being enforced at all.
  7. Avianna Well-Known Member

I think round 2 is coming and folks are gonna find out the hard way that enforcement is coming, the events of yesterday were just a warning to whats coming.

Three cheers for Kandor! Hip! Hip! Hooray!
  8. Hydraulics Member

Let’s enforce all of the rules equally. Everyone should start reporting the portal bots at the sinking sands docks. They are also breaking the EULA.
    Snikkety likes this.
  9. Avianna Well-Known Member

while I can "somewhat" get on board with this, I would point out that those people are not doing it for personal gain or benefit but rather for an assistance to all Norrithians. So to call for their ban now just because you are angry about some other bans seems petty and childish. I would suggest that the people doing it fall into a different scenario than people exploiting the game for selfish reasons. That is my take and my opinion on the matter.

With that being said, I would love to see NPC's added to the major cities that when you hail them they do a level check of your guild and would offer their druid and wizard portal services to you based upon guild level for a nominal fee. Doing so in the cities would promote more bustling cities and eliminate the "need of convenience" that these two characters in sinking sands provide.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  10. Hydraulics Member

Botting is ok if it benefits you. Got it.
  11. Avianna Well-Known Member

Taking my words out of context and attempting to use them to troll on me does not make your point any better. So let me clarify what I said and use little words so you can "get it".

Botting when it does not provide a benefit for the person doing it is "tolerable". Those two providing a service that personally I feel should be implemented by the devs to start with is "tolerable".

Perhaps that is clear enough for you.
  12. Nuhvohk Active Member

or they could just bring back the 60s TS/Nek boat ticket, but I guess that would break live, or something
    Avianna likes this.
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

I would love that idea
  14. blackshad New Member

DBG will never do anything against that

The reason is simple (and it's nothing new)

EQ2 is a nearly dead game. Has been for years. The player base is very small. The very small team running it are barely surviving. They don't have the ressource to work on major things like broken item stats, broken loot table,...

The botters are an important source of money. If they actively fight botters abuse, they will loose some of their money and they can't afford that.

It's a very sad situation but it's nothing new. EQ2 is a broken game in so many ways because they don't have any money to work on serious fixes.

It's either that, a broken game with bots, or no game at all and closing doors
  15. Avianna Well-Known Member

I disagree, because for the most part the botters are not paying for their bot accounts they are using krono. so it is other players who buy the krono to get the plat from the botters so they can buy the gear the botters SLR sell. so the reality is that the players not botting are paying for the botters accounts.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's still cash through books though. Doesn't matter who buys the Krono, it's still $15 for DPG.

It likely just needs more policing on player impacts. If they're in contested zones and interrupting your gameplay (Denying mobs, camping etc) then report/petition it. If they're in instances, or keeping well out your way, what's the harm really?

Don't forget if you remove them, you likely lose all the portal bots on TLE. Bulk crafted items like arrows will probably rocket in price etc.
    Snikkety and Corydonn like this.
  17. Mucko Member

Custom UI's are allowed, which is why the ui editor is even included with the game.

A.C.T only reads the games log files, does not send a single command to the client.

But I wish they would decide and either ban it across the board, send them all to Drunder (why only a few?) or allow it already...
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I heard of people that went there voluntarily.
    If you like to live a live of lawlessness that place is perfect
    Now if they would only make it PvP too muahaha the desperadoes could kill each other , having fun doing it .
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Mucko Member

You can yes, but most were "sent" there...
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know Mucko it was a way to keep on playing EQ2 on those banned accounts ( I am sure they got other accounts )
    And giving such people a place to play means now Darkpaw can get money from those permanently banned people. To begin with Drunder was subscription only , now everybody can go there .
    I think it should be renamed in to exiled from the regular servers .
    What I wanted to get across is that the non existing rules are interesting to some players , the free spirits of Norath .
    Breanna likes this.