Boobs in SF

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Atragon, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Atragon Guest

Not that I'm complaining but Erudites are pretty busty. Is this an enhancement of the new shader system? LOL Is it the angle of the shot? Should I be playing shorter races?!

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

3. ARCHIVED-cion Guest

They look rediculous... Please. Half the size... *cry*
  4. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

And when did erudites get High Elf Wonderbras? Most erudites are kinda flatchested.
    I honestly don't care if there are boobs in the expansion, as long as we have kilts. Here, we can have BOTH!
    [IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

To answer your question, the new armor they're creating is adding a wonderbra effect to females. So far it only applies to robes, but I hope it also applies to monk gi's soon enough. My human already has the relatively largest in the game as it is, but I certainly don't mind more.
    The fact that it applies to all mammalian races has become a huge discussion topic. Many players don't like seeing enhanced Ratonga or Trolls.
  6. ARCHIVED-cion Guest

If they want to go bigger, they could atleast make them look natural. Those look like baloons or coconuts...
  7. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

This threads potential is high.

I will monitor it as such.

*edited for her pleasure*
    Just gotta say...if Coconuts were good enough for the Professor and Mary Ann...they are good enough for me.
  8. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

I wouldn't care if they had an option for boobs so large they came with a stat penalty. What I want is the choice for my own character not to look like some plastic surgery freak. And I could sell crutches in game to the characters who chose the max size in order to prop them up.
    The chests were already on the generous side from day one. This has never made sense to me, since we are talking about adventuring characters who would likely be either athletic, and lithe or muscular looking from all their endless riding and fighting.
    Currently, I have noobie armour in the appearance slots for my Barbarian gal, It was less obnoxious than much of what was available. So many armor pieces have a single pocket right over one oversized breast - yuck. Others make her look even more top-heavy.
    The new stuff is even worse. I just don't get it. I really don't.

EDIT: and my Barbarian gal would love the kilt and wolf hat gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-cion Guest

Roboto@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Coconuts under the dress? :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

msgnomer wrote:
    XD
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I have to agree that there really should be an option to show how they look. Some people are disgusted at the sight of overly large breasts (or at least, artificially enhanced ones) and it does feel out of place for many characters and players.
    Giving them the option to show them as normal or enhanced should be up for the player to decide. Maybe they can go the extra mile to include it as an option like the SOGA models.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

They are disgusting as hell but it really doesn't matter to me since I already saw all humans/elf females as disgusting as hell. The main issue is that they are adding this to the armor itself not the races, I don't WANT big boobs and don't want to be stuck using only old armor as appearance because of that. This is a rediculous thing to be adding and it better stop... I don't see them giving males armor like this:
    [IMG]
  13. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

/agree with kilts in SF.
    As well as shorts and skirts
    my GF complains about this every day!
  14. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

LOL - Equal opportunity bumpage?
    I agree that we should have sliders for this, some of my toons would not look right so enhanced (male or female). Wanting armor or clothing that is more sexy/sensual/fantasy does not mean that we no longer want to see our feet when we look down...
  15. ARCHIVED-DukeOccam Guest

I agree that this should be a slider, but in the meantime just scale it down a bit. One of EQ2's major drawing points is its realistic (maybe practical is a better word) armor compared to WoW, Aion, etc. Let's apply that to models too.
    I offer as evidence the following axiom of universal truth:
    Keira Knightley > Pamela Anderson
  16. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Arbreth wrote:
    No, I'm not for this for either gender, just trying to show how rediculous this is and highlighting the unfairness of it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Melon sized boobs, armor that makes them seem naked, and adding PvP into the PvE worlds.
    Apparently SOE doesn't appreciate the fact that EQ2 has the highest percentage of female players in the MMO world; partly because women are playing EQ2 with male partners as a compromise game that doesn't usually objectify women or utilize PvP.
    It seems SOE is "lusting" after the young male demographic that plays WoW and other MMOs instead of getting more women to play EQ2.
  18. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

There have been a lot of changes in EQ2's art style lately. The large papaya-breasts are one of the changes that I dislike the most. I would much, much prefer:
    - The size of the breasts more properly scaled with the size (and the weight; EQ2 characters tend to be fairly thin) of the female
    - The shape being natural
    - And just for extra emphasis... the shape being natural.
    I got in a small debate with someone a few years ago. A friend of mine drew a picture in the cartoon-style that is heavily preferred these days for some reason, but, at my request, strove to at least make the breasts of a natural shape. He did a great job; the shape, positioning, and size of them were all accurate. One of his friends came along (this was on one of those public image gallery sites) and posted: "wow, you should call this picture 'Saggy Breasts' lol" Insert a debate between the friend and I, and now that friend [edit: the one that left the comment, not the artist] and I are on no-speaking terms because I blamed the guy's fascination with cartoons for his disillusionment toward what real women look like and he took some mighty harsh offense at that... d:
  19. ARCHIVED-xeyda Guest

This is disgusting. Come on, guys! Don't make the character model be about the boobs, make the boobs AUGMENT the character model.

As a well-endowed chick RL, I don't mind larger breasts in general... but do we really need to use "Dolly Parton" or "Elvira" bodies as the template for all females?

Yes please, to slider adjustments for weight ("thickness") of the character model, WITH APPROPRIATE scaling effect to the breasts. If the devs are feeling especially pervy, add another adjustment just for the knockers.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

would LOVE to see something done with the chicken legs of the female elf alternate models - I would definately be "for" having body size scaling in game for both types of models including breasts
    Have you seen those robes on a tonga? Rats should NOT be wearing wonder bras!!